Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old    wakeboarddad            07-02-2003, 7:35 AM Reply   
Anybody know what's up with these guys? I ordered a fat sack and pump a couple of weeks ago from them, and they charged my credit card, but they won't even return my E-mails about the status of my order. Any clues? Thanks.
Old    damnation            07-02-2003, 8:44 AM Reply   
They are slow b/c they are a small operation. However, they won't screw you. They have excellent customer service once they get around to you. Hang in there.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-02-2003, 9:48 AM Reply   
Yeah, Pete's a cool cat.. he won't do you wrong.

B-
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-02-2003, 9:49 AM Reply   
he is slow but his customer service is the best.

Old    wakeboarddad            07-02-2003, 9:56 AM Reply   
Thanks guys. I have only heard good things about them, but was just getting a little nervous. Plus - my kids can't wait to get the sack!
Old    wakeboarddad            07-02-2003, 12:50 PM Reply   
Sure enough, the sack came today. Thanks!
Old    simba            07-02-2003, 3:00 PM Reply   
man funny thing u say that, i ordered 3 sacks and a pump saturday, no email from him or NOTHING. My credit card hasnt been charged yet so I email him asking him whats up, no email back, so I just emailed him and told him forget it.

Sorry, I dont care how slow or small of an operation your operating out of u can atleast take 2 minutes and email someone. Ill never use them, buywake.com is same price, way faster service and they just overnighted my bindings free. Talk about fast, reliable customer service.
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-03-2003, 7:14 AM Reply   
A major part of "good customer service" is speed.
Old    damnation            07-03-2003, 8:04 AM Reply   
Well, a major part of customer service is being able to take a picture of your ripped bag and emailing it instead of shipping the bag back at your own expense. It has never taken more than a week for me to get my stuff from them, but maybe I've been lucky.

I guess it is time for them to hire a few more employees, b/c it seems everyone is buying their stuff.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-03-2003, 8:13 AM Reply   
He definately went the extra mile for me and i have nothing but good things to say about the product or customer service. For me I will only have letsgoride sacs from here on out.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       07-03-2003, 8:54 AM Reply   
I am sure they get super swamped leading up to a huge 3 day weekend. Kind of hard to staff up for a couple weekends a year, when you have a perfect staff for every other time. Everybody always waits until the last minute and then orders their stuff hoping to get it in time for a major weekend.

Replacing something with just a picture to prove it, is a huge customer service.

Great prices for a quality product means less margin for them, I guess they could raise their prices and have a larger staff. I would rather save $20 a sac and have it take a couple of days extra during peak periods.

But a quick return e-mail should be pretty basic, maybe this feedback will help them realize that. Better for a customer to point something out, then say nothing and not return.
Old    simba            07-03-2003, 5:20 PM Reply   
20 bucks a bag? BUywake.com had 540 pound bags for 79.00 which is 4.99 more yet 40 pounds heavier and they have EXCELLENT customer service and a lot bigger inventory along with alot more shipping options.
Old     (bigjessup)      Join Date: May 2002       07-03-2003, 9:24 PM Reply   
Yes but will buywake.com send you a new sac for free if you take a picture of it being ripped and email it to them.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-04-2003, 7:40 AM Reply   
More selection? Letsgoride will custom any sac size you want. i had him make me a 9x28x80 for my floor locker.
Old    tclagggym            07-05-2003, 9:39 PM Reply   
The best part about Letsgoride sacs are, they match my boat, orange. I love my locker sac.I had great service.Thanks
Old    flipside            07-05-2003, 10:24 PM Reply   
I kinda have to agree with rootc on this one. This is one of my bigger faults, yes. But, I have zero patience for retailers. Every time I've worked in retail, I do everything I can to make sure the customer has what they want when they want it.

I'd be willing to pay an extra $5 to get something from a bigger company as long as I was guaranteed fast shipping and and good communication..preferrably a customer service number so that I can find out exactly where my order is in the fulfillment line or why it hasn't been shipped if it should have been. Bad as this is, I'm not one of those people that feels that I can wait a full day (or more) for someone to get back to me by e-mail.

Sounds like this Letsgoride company has something good going. Sounds like once they get more employees to speed things up, they will probably have it made. But, until then, I have to agree with rootc...speed is the biggest key in customer service for me. I'll take my chances on getting a rip in my bag later.

FlipsidE

(Message edited by flipside on July 05, 2003)