Articles
   
       
Pics/Video
       
Wake 101
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-05-2016, 7:59 PM Reply   
Well said Russell. I didn't want to go down that rabbit's hole of logical absurdity. It's the same sort of reasoning that leads objecting to intolerance to being an accusation of intolerant of intolerance. Or you only vote for who gives you want you want, as if there is some implication the smart people don't vote for people who give them what they want. LOL
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-06-2016, 10:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
^^ why do we always point backwards^^^^"

Because there are two ways to predict the future.

1) Study the past.
2) Study human nature.
So you (and other libs ) constantly pointing backwards is helping things! wow that's rich. And great way of NOT answering the question. Just keep towing your party's line I see now it's a religion for you and not a right or wrong debate.


How about this revelation or novel Idea! If CURRENT failed policy's are hurting us, how does point backwards fix anything. It doesn't matter if the policy came from the left or right. If it's not working then things need to change!
Old     (bcd)      Join Date: Jun 2012       02-06-2016, 10:59 AM Reply   
Why is it now acceptable to just blame other people, economic situation, racial background, etc, and not hold people responsible for their own actions? The government has provided an infinite amount of money for student loans, so it's possible for anyone to better themselves through advanced education - college or trade schools.

The American dream still exists (although not to the same degree as it used to be): if you work hard, there is plenty of opportunity here to better your life. Unfortunately, too many people these days, including politicians, twist and distort it into: You're an American, do you deserve ____, and you should have ____.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-07-2016, 1:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
So you (and other libs ) constantly pointing backwards is helping things! wow that's rich. And great way of NOT answering the question. Just keep towing your party's line I see now it's a religion for you and not a right or wrong debate.
So you don't think there was any lesson learned about removing dictators?


Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
How about this revelation or novel Idea! If CURRENT failed policy's are hurting us, how does point backwards fix anything.
If a policy failed you, you pretty much have to look backwards at the changes that occurred as a result of the policy change. You have to know how the policy changed the policy before it. Then you have to observe the changes that were occurring before the policy changed. Then you have the know the changes that occurred after the policy changed.

Also your "revelation or novel Idea" was a question. Asking a question is hardly a novel idea.
Old    deltahoosier            02-09-2016, 10:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscxstar View Post
You are using a racist belief/statement to support that your political party of choice is not racist. Irony? Do you realize that a large amount of the people using "entitlement benefits" are white? The crux of your argument is plain and simple a racist belief that African American's are tricked being dependent on the government to vote democratic. I would love to have you raise that argument with some of the African American's that I know....fellow lawyers, business owners, and executives of large companies who vote democrat....yep just addicted and too stupid to vote otherwise.

When one of the lead GOP candidates refers to "the blacks" it is time to wake up. You are just repeating the same nonsense that Rush, Beck, and Fox news do. i don't want to get upset here, but you are basically saying that if African Americans weren't lazy and could think for themselves they would vote GOP. That's degrading and dehumanizing.
Voting is very much cultural. When a group of people only vote one way, then they are not doing their self a service.

I never said a group of people using entitlement benefits were only black. That is your argument. Black people are only 13% of the population. 47% of the people make enough money that they do not qualify to pay income taxes, so I am pretty sure that white people are in the mix. BTW, I am pretty sure those white people you mentioned support democrats too. Noticing a trend. Rich and really poor vote democrat. Middle class votes Republican.

I would love to raise the argument with all your rich black coworkers. All I hear you say when you say fellow lawyers and business owners, you mean more rich democrats. That again points me in the direction that democrats are becoming more and more the party of the rich.

Trying to equate me as saying blacks are lazy is completely a YOU issue. Got a little latent racism laying around there? Sounds like the same tripe that guilty racist whites try to throw around to make themselves feel better.

If you want to disprove that blacks are not thinking clearly on voting. Why was Martin Luther King, Jr. a Republican? Why was it Republicans that passed all the civil rights legislation? Why do Republicans say that blacks can complete with white people? Why did you fail to prove the parties switched? Why do democrats support Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and Louis Farakan? IF the parties switched, why did democrats continue to elect former KKK members to congress up until the 2000's.

Number one thing that you democrats love to say. Why would a poor person vote Republican? Why vote in your own worst interest? The democrats believe that because they tend to vote for who is going to line their pockets, thus when your old racist president switched tactics to giving away freebies the vote switched. You come to your own conclusion as to why blacks now vote democrat. The Republicans I know will vote for the health of our country even if they will take it in the shorts individually.

And no, I do not listen to Republican talking heads. I read liberal and progressive websites at a tone of 80% of the time.

Last edited by deltahoosier; 02-09-2016 at 10:25 AM.
Old     (wiscxstar)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-10-2016, 12:05 PM Reply   
So now I am a racist for calling out racist positions/statements? Just like I am probably intolerant for not being tolerant of religions or beliefs that are intolerant. Ha, what a great circular argument, and good way to prevent oneself from ever facing the reality of their own beliefs or statements. The only reason I posted was because the crux of your argument was racist. Not all all republicans are bad, not all democrats are good, there are bad and good on both sides.

However, I don't even need to argue what the current Republican politicians stand for as their statements and actions speak for themselves (racism, sexuality, the environment, theocracy, etc). The Republican primaries get more and more far right, and consequently will continue to produce candidates that are less and less electable in a general election. The far right spokesmen Rush, Beck, Fox News, Ted Nugent, etc. will continue to spread the fear and hate as the majority of the country progressively rolls on. There will always be that small percentage of the population that is trying to divide and blame.

The parties are not once they once were. I had even voted Republican in the past.

The democrats that I know are a mixture of races, income levels, genders, etc. They want a comfortable life for themselves, but also want to help others get there as well. The current GOP position is far from that. It is a all or nothing party where you are ok if you completely agree with their religious, social, and economic agenda. If not you are a socialist, liberal, the devil, environmental extremist, etc. Whether or not you see it, the GOP "Pro-Business" economic policy is the continued and failed "trickle down" approach, which is basically a way to try to get the common hardworking American to vote against their own interests to continue to allocate the vast majority of the wealth in the hands of a very few at the expense of the working class and environment. There used to be a day when there were GOP politicians who were moderate and working across the isle, but those days are gone. I think they will come back once we see a larger amount of the population voting at midterm elections. If the youth voters start coming out at midterms as they are now for Bernie, we will see the Tea Party/Extreme Right politicians get voted out, and with that we will see the openness of the hate and divide go back into hiding again.

Voting is not as clear cut as you make it out to be (but is sounds good to : http://www.theatlantic.com/business/...r-vote/264541/
A little dated, but it looks at a lot of different variables.

Quote:
Number one thing that you democrats love to say. Why would a poor person vote Republican? Why vote in your own worst interest? The democrats believe that because they tend to vote for who is going to line their pockets, thus when your old racist president switched tactics to giving away freebies the vote switched. You come to your own conclusion as to why blacks now vote democrat.
Back to your old argument again. I'm done here.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-10-2016, 1:39 PM Reply   
Blacks have traditionally voted Democrat. Poor people are a mixture . Educated people are a mixture. Hispanic traditionally vote Democrat. Whites are a mixture. Rich voters are a mixture. Racist voters are traditionally Republican. I look at all the candidates and make my decision based on whats most important to me. I am most aligned with Ben Carson and John Kasich.
Old    deltahoosier            02-10-2016, 2:57 PM Reply   
Whether or not you see it, the GOP "Pro-Business" economic policy is the continued and failed "trickle down" approach, which is basically a way to try to get the common hardworking American to vote against their own interests to continue to allocate the vast majority of the wealth in the hands of a very few at the expense of the working class and environment.

Irony alert. You just said exactly what I claim democrats say. You can not even get out of your own way. Now with that type of attitude, tell me that you can not convince people to vote for you by giving away free stuff? I bring it up because you say it is impossible to convince people to vote for someone simply because they are giving away free stuff that only benefits a single group. I say it is absolutely true that groups of people do that and you keep reenforcing it by repeating that you are made at republicans who vote against their best interest. Little secret. That is called being a responsible adult and a conservator of the American principle.

You are counting on the "youth for Bernie" types to make the difference in the country. Great. Let's get this on the record. You need these groups of people to succeed in getting into power:
1) youth with no experiences
2) People who believe that they can control the weather if we only pass legislation that moves our money to the third world
3) Illegal immigrants to try and allow them to vote or to let a minority groups relatives come to the country illegally as to sway their families vote (family first)
4) Minorities that you have specific policies set forth to treat them like children that need special phone books to sit on at the adult table
5) oh and rich billionaries that run the party that tell the poor of the party that if they vote for them, they will get some magical benefit

Sorry, I don't need it. I understand cause and effect. You can not keep voting money from the treasury. The treasury comes in two forms. Printing more money or taxing the middle class. In both cases the middle class is screwed. That is why you are seeing more and more fly over American voting republican. The most basic point is that people absolutely do vote for people who promise to give them "free stuff". It is the history of non Aristicratic governments.


On race, you have not called out a racists position of the republicans. You claimed a republican said something racists. Oh well. Hilary in a speech said out load that if we did not have illegal mexicans, we would not have anyone to do our sheets and mow our lawns. Who is racists in all this? Mexicans are only able to do those jobs? The crowd went nuts with cheers over her comments. She and they could not see the racism in that comment like they could do nothing else or they needed to be there to be our servants. As just like Hilary, I am sure you can find many people making stupid comments about race all over but it does not mean the parties position is racists.

You say that republicans are pro business trickle down people. Sounds like you have a business friends and lawyers (sounds much better off than the republicans I have ever known). How do they make money? What is the seed that allows them to capture income? Most of it is by passing laws that require a lawyers help to proceed. However, the lawyer his or her self can not materialize income. They need someone to capture the money from. Either someone afoul of the law or a business transaction. You as a business owner need someone to sell too. If you are selling to consumers, you certainly can not have high margins and most likely need volume. Usually only government or corporations have the buying ability to supply the high wages you need to capture residual income. So tell me how business in not a trickle down event? You going to provide a service that a poorer person can not afford? Get out of here with that trickle down fit. It is simply the way of life. Cash flow is always a trickle down event.

I don't listen or read those people you are saying spread whatever it is. Matter of fact, I doubt you do either. I bet I study more progressive material than you do.

If the youth voters start coming out at midterms as they are now for Bernie, we will see the Tea Party/Extreme Right politicians get voted out, and with that we will see the openness of the hate and divide go back into hiding again.

That is because when democrats get their way, the put the race baiters and professional agitators in the closet until next time.

Ever notice when republicans are in power, there are all these marches and civil unrest but when democrats are in control there are no civil unrest? Why is that? Because to get socialist ideas in to play, they have to manufacture it. Have you ever thought as to why your party is closely aligned with the Communists, the Socialist, and Progressives? Have you ever bothered to pick up a book to study their history of how they manufacture change? They do it by paying agitators to create crisis. You will not like the history of leftist idealogy taking over. Fascism is close behind.
Old    deltahoosier            02-10-2016, 2:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Blacks have traditionally voted Democrat. Poor people are a mixture . Educated people are a mixture. Hispanic traditionally vote Democrat. Whites are a mixture. Rich voters are a mixture. Racist voters are traditionally Republican. I look at all the candidates and make my decision based on whats most important to me. I am most aligned with Ben Carson and John Kasich.
Racists voters are typically republican? Source? history says you are wrong.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-10-2016, 6:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Racists voters are typically republican? Source? history says you are wrong.
Black people who hate whites aren't racist. I thought you knew that?
Old    deltahoosier            02-11-2016, 10:29 AM Reply   
Oh. I guess misread what you were trying to say haha.. I know people try and paint republicans as racists but I was like dang man when I read that.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-11-2016, 5:04 PM Reply   
I don't know how to let people know i'm be g a smart azz when i'm posting. Any help would be appreciated.
Old    deltahoosier            02-12-2016, 9:15 AM Reply   
You're good Robert. It is just me...
Old    mojo1127            02-12-2016, 1:23 PM Reply   
grant, why are you so racist? using a phrase than can refer to a myriad of situations, then eric comes along and admits that he saw the word animals and went straight to black people. that's just funny right there. there's a very simple way this man could still be alive. don't stab people. If he had mental issues then isn't it an epic failure of the wholly liberal democrat run city and county and state of California for not helping this man?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-12-2016, 8:18 PM Reply   
^^^^Mojo^^^^ good point The person your talking about likes to come in and call people name's and can't back up any of his statements, just like the one you pointed out. Classic libraTard propaganda but because he lives in the Mile High city its called PropaGanga!
Old     (bcd)      Join Date: Jun 2012       02-13-2016, 7:49 PM Reply   
http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/11/us/law...ers-shot-dead/

Deputy Geer was shot multiple times after he attempted to taser the suspect.
Old     (granddaddy53)      Join Date: Dec 2013       02-17-2016, 5:32 AM Reply   
On a wake board site, really, I'm an arch conservative somewhere to the right of Limbaugh
But this in long text messages is boring, libs are libs and conservatives are conservatives
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-17-2016, 7:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
in the Mile High city its called PropaGanga!
lol!

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 3:28 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2019 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us