Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (tchs22)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-25-2010, 7:04 PM Reply   
Update:

Me and Tina have been sending emails back and forth and SS is warranty-ing my bindings. It was almost a week later but they are getting replaced.

They were very professional with replying to emails and working with me.
Their customer service still has a lot of work needing to be done to it to return to the old great service we know of.
Old     (highrock)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-25-2010, 7:13 PM Reply   
Yeah, its a tough time for any one in this industry. These forums are great to spread info, which may be good or bad, kind of bad in this case. I just hope too many people didnt jump to conclusions because it took them a little longer to get back to people. They still stand behind their product
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-25-2010, 7:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by highrock View Post
Yeah, its a tough time for any one in this industry. These forums are great to spread info, which may be good or bad, kind of bad in this case. I just hope too many people didnt jump to conclusions because it took them a little longer to get back to people. They still stand behind their product
The big problem they have is that they aren't all that well known to the avg wakeboarder who doesn't visit these forums. I haven't met many people who see my recoil and have heard of slingshot, or flex for that matter. In the end this board holds the key to large number of their customer base and they should get someone like kyle keeping an eye on it here. I found them here, and if I had seen these threads before I bought my recoil I probably would have not have gone SS.

On top of that the big board companies are BSing people about how bad flex is, and they have a great name to back up their BS. The Ronix rep at the denver boat show told me their pro riders had busted through every flex board they rode, which anyone who knows flex knows is BS

Last edited by cjh1669; 03-25-2010 at 7:23 PM. Reason: had more to say
Old     (k2rider2690)      Join Date: Apr 2009       03-26-2010, 8:20 AM Reply   
Got an email back yesterday from Tina so that was pretty quick. I think you guys are right and that she is taking on more than one role right now and is just swamped with work. But on the other hand having someone devoted like kyle really make a name for themselves. Their old customer service was a reason alone i would keep buying their gear. I always knew that if something happened they would fix it and stand behind their product, which they are still doing so im happy.
Old     (blowhole)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-26-2010, 8:35 AM Reply   
sounds like a lot of claims dealing with their boots. makes me uneasy as a buyer, cause i dont want to go through the warranty process i just want them to not blow out in 1 season
Old     (tchs22)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-26-2010, 1:23 PM Reply   
Final Update.

New bindings are heading my way. After talking with one of the reps, they assured me that Slingshots customer service is still among the best in the industry. Reason for taking a little longer to get back to us is because they are undergoing some major transformations for the betterment of the company. Which, in turn for us, means that there customer service dept will be even better than before! And, their products will be the best its ever been.

Like I said guys, I did not start this thread to bash slingshot. They are just going thru a transitional phase right now. So let us be patient. Their customer service went out of the way to get in touch with me and thats more than I can say about other companies.

So guys in the end SS is still the best in the biz with their customer service. The transition will make SS's customer service and products even better!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-26-2010, 1:36 PM Reply   
did the rep comment on ss being made overseas?
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-26-2010, 2:32 PM Reply   
Read several of the posts and all the new slingshot threads.

When the Flex Mob turns, it turns.

Last edited by skiboarder; 03-26-2010 at 2:34 PM. Reason: misspell
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-26-2010, 6:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakid View Post
you can repost and use as many other words as you want, but everyone can see right through you w/ your linking to an ss thread that happens to be a positive one.
Huh?
is it so wrong to post up a reference to something positive?
i am not perfect by any means, but why do you have to put me (and others down) with your tone and choice of words? put one down to potentially make a bunch of others laugh?

maybe it is OK to rather to post up gossip about change of manufacture to overseas... (which it is... AS WELL)
don't get me wrong, i am curios as well since you mentioned it, and i have no better answer other than that the boots i know are, but that has been the case since day one. as for the boards not so sure. on a side note, i remeber once unwrapping a hyperlite board for boat rentalls at Powell and the graphic had printed on it something about being made in the usa, but then there was a sticker that said it was taiwan or united emigrants (spelling?) or something else like that. we were all laughing at it. from that experience i am slightly hesitant to believe that just because a graphic says usa doesn't meean it is not made else where. seen this in clothing too
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-26-2010, 6:18 PM Reply   
Also i have heard twice so far about the 2010 boots (RAD boots) will be pushed to 2011. love to hear some confirmation on this so i can choose my route ahead of time on if i will get the RADs or d3 boots. i guess it will be best to hit SS up with an e-mail (as well).
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-26-2010, 6:30 PM Reply   
where exactly did i put others down to make other people laugh? i directed my post at you since one would think that with you being a die-hard ss guy, you'd want answers to the customer service issues, instead of trying to sweep them under the rug by trying to steer the thread to a more positive one. everyone knows kyle had done a great job there, and people have become accustomed to great customer service. people here are expecting nothing but the same. when they don't get it, they want, and deserve, an explanation. and "no one has time for forums" is an unacceptable response, not to mention unprofessional.

call it gossip if you want, but i've been here way too long for that. if i really wanted to gossip, i would've mentioned other things i was told, but since it would have been perceived as gossiping or even me bashing ss, i left it out. and notice above that i was asking. if i'm wrong, tell me. i'm cool with that. but there are people that would want to know.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-26-2010, 6:49 PM Reply   
Sorry, but i still don't get you. its just how you are perseving it i guess, just how i am perseving your "putting people down to get a laugh." i say that cause that is how id best describe what i have observed on other threads. I have found myself simultaneously laughing at a way you have...ohh... *called somebody out* for a lack of better words. maybe you did it intentionally and maybe you didn't, but at times it has left people to LOL and to say "this is the threadd of the year" etc etc. but on the other side i think, well that was kinda harsh, mean, etc... or if you will UNPROFFESSIONAL... not that proffessional is required on a forum... UNLESS of course you are representing a greater community, in this case Slingshot.

Yes i am a slingshot die hard, but i am also Uncommonly forgiving in my buisness dealings. i will experience several bad experiences before i stop going to a place, especially if the reason was from an employee being a bad representative (intentional or not) so sorry if you felt i was forcing this theology on others

i also equate "rumor" with "gossip" sorry. i meant to say Rumor... which is as YOU put it.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-26-2010, 7:11 PM Reply   
what exactly don't you get? what exactly didn't i spell out enough with my last post? and please stop w/ the whole "your other posts in other threads" as they're completely irrelevant in this thread. stop reaching. please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakerider111 View Post
its just how you are perseving it i guess, just how i am perseving your "putting people down to get a laugh." it.
i have no idea wtf you just said there. (and no, i wasn't trying to be funny...that sentence completely dumbed me down)

so where exactly was i putting anyone down here? when i said people can see right through you? maybe i should've put it a little nicer so that you wouldn't get too hurt about it. maybe i should've said, "hey jeremy, don't sweep this issue under the rug w/ that link. let's get answers instead."

Quote:
not that proffessional is required on a forum... UNLESS of course you are representing a greater community, in this case Slingshot.
the person that posted for ss isn't just representing a community. they're representing a company/business. so you better believe that professionalism is required.

Quote:
i am also Uncommonly forgiving in my buisness dealings. i will experience several bad experiences before i stop going to a place,
well, that's you. most people don't let businesses screw them more than once. (not saying ss is screwing people) most people work hard for their money. they want to make sure that if they make a rather expensive purchase, if something should happen, the company's customer service will help them out, or respond at the very least.

Quote:
i also equate "rumor" with "gossip" sorry. i meant to say Rumor... which is as YOU put it.
again, i was ASKING them to confirm or deny the rumor i heard. is that so bad? does it offend your flex-loving ass that i ASKED? (yes, i was actually trying to be funny there)
Old     (bailey)      Join Date: May 2001       03-26-2010, 9:17 PM Reply   
Waiting a few days for warranty stuff is something you are just going to have to do. It really isn't that long to wait. Most companies take longer than that. If they don't you are lucky. Also take into account the economy. The store I work for is running with 3 fewer people than it is supposed to. Small companies are hit hard. Just be glad they aren't going out of business. What good would your warranty be after that.

Oh and someone said it early in the thread. The customer is always right. The customer is NOT always right. They always think they are right and there is a big difference.
Old     (blowhole)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-27-2010, 4:44 AM Reply   
if you dont want to lose any customers, the customer is always right. good way to maximize your business
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-27-2010, 5:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
its just how you are perseving it i guess, just how i am perseving your "putting people down to get a laugh." it.

Joe - I think he meant "perceiving"
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-27-2010, 12:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Waiting a few days for warranty stuff is something you are just going to have to do. It really isn't that long to wait. Most companies take longer than that. If they don't you are lucky. Also take into account the economy. The store I work for is running with 3 fewer people than it is supposed to. Small companies are hit hard. Just be glad they aren't going out of business. What good would your warranty be after that.

Oh and someone said it early in the thread. The customer is always right. The customer is NOT always right. They always think they are right and there is a big difference.
I guess it depends on how bad you want customers. Keep in mind a happy customer may tell one or two people, and angry one will tell everyone they know. The customer isn't always right, but it's in the best interest of the business owner to act as if that's true in most cases. There is an exception to every rule, and you can't make everyone happy all the time, but you need to do your best to appeal to the majority of your customers needs.

This thread got way too ugly. I'm glad the orignal poster got his issues taken care of. Hopefully SS keeps it up.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-28-2010, 1:35 AM Reply   
Joe, i get that you think i am avoiding the situation or trying to sweep it aside. what i don't get is that you insist that you know what my motives were in posting the link and that is just not right. i tried to be cool about it and explain several times and each time you shut me down worse than the time before. i said i was sorry right from the get go that the link was received poorly. but that wasn't enough i guess. so much for turning the other cheek.

sorry for the mentioning of "perceived" (yes that is what i meant, thanks Kat L. spelling sucks when i am rushed) activity on other threads, your right, that was wrong to mention and create such a tangent here. just responding out of frustration and probably some personal life stress at the moment.... But just about everything else you said in your last post was only an agreement with what i have said but with a tone of argument, which doesn't make sense to me. i can only guess that you are responding out of frustration too? and just for the record i Never had a problem with the subject of your statement about slingshot boards being potentially made over seas.

id prefer to be your friend Joe, but if i have to continue to feel like i have to watch my words and my back for Mr. Joe Umali, then i will just have to fade into the background. its just not fun or worth it to me to be apart of a community where i can't get along with everyone when we ought to share a common passion. sure i expect an argument or two, but this has been all too common. what is it that annoys you so much about me? is it my "flex-loving ass" only? is there some grudge i can help right? if it is a legitimate problem that i can improve? let me know.

speaking of community,... i take back my words about professionalism not mattering so much on a forum. it is just important on a forum, representing this passion that is everything wake and all. just the consequences are different.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-28-2010, 2:44 AM Reply   
Now you're talking a common language where it would be hard to argue....we all come here to "banter"/"talk" because of one thing - our PASSION for the sport! Thanks for reminding us, Jeremy!!
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       03-28-2010, 6:42 AM Reply   
I think that on a public forum like this, where a person's credibility is frequently evaluated in terms of their post count and old timers have developed a reputation, that posts that have been made in other threads are most certainly relavent. Post history tells me a lot about many of the primary posters in this thread. Everyone has history and usually motive - it's bogus to say that your previous posts on other threads don't apply here. That's like saying that whatever I told you yesterday is irrelavent today.
Old     (cglass08)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-30-2010, 5:54 AM Reply   
I just dealt with both the warranty and sales departments at Slingshot. I first contacted them with a warranty claim and once they told me they would not be able to warranty my board I was passed me on to the sales department. They contacted me asking what I wanted to order and processed my order in a timely fashion. The warranty department also emailed me yesterday just to make sure I had been taken care of by sales. This was the third or fourth time that I have been impressed by the customer service at Slingshot. Just thought I would throw that out there to give credit where it is due.
Old     (blowhole)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-30-2010, 6:33 AM Reply   
they arent gonna warranty your board but you dont sound upset about it at all. what was wrong with your board did it fly out of your truck?
Old     (cglass08)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-30-2010, 9:05 AM Reply   
I'm not sure how but I put a gash in the bottom. I think I must have slid over a screw head sticking up....still not sure exactly when it happened. I figured they wouldn't warranty it but it's always worth a try IMO.
Attached Images

Old     (nbigger)      Join Date: May 2008       03-30-2010, 1:07 PM Reply   
I have had 2 issues in the past. I have had the thread anchor pull out of the board (I was using Zeus bindings with the adapter). I also had the boot come apart like the O.P. and Kyle took care of both right away. I think we were very lucky that Kyle watched this site like a hawk and took care of issues before a thread would get out of hand. I hope that they are right that this is only a issue right now because of changes in the company because I love their product.
Old     (cdtex14)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-30-2010, 1:10 PM Reply   
I will say SS bindings are one of the most comfortable out there.. Just to be positive!
Old     (zachcopp)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-30-2010, 3:38 PM Reply   
Joe is a just a grumpy senile old douche who is a d*** to a lot of people for no reason. Joe go ride and quit cluttering up these threads with your overbearing, harsh, and pointless comments. Jeremy, you share a lot of insight and have helped a lot of people with a lot of questions over the past year or so. Thats what these forums are for, no the crap Joe puts out.
Old     (SlingshotWake1)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-30-2010, 3:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakid View Post
i don't mean to start rumors, but i heard today that ss is being made overseas now. any truth to this? can anyone at ss confirm or deny this?
Joe, all Slingshot wakeboards are made here in the US. There are a couple of our kiteboards, and our surfboards that are made overseas, but that's it, including 2011.
Old     (SlingshotWake1)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-30-2010, 3:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cglass08 View Post
I'm not sure how but I put a gash in the bottom. I think I must have slid over a screw head sticking up....still not sure exactly when it happened. I figured they wouldn't warranty it but it's always worth a try IMO.
Cory, is the Reflex broken as well, or is the gouge from the screw or whatever the only issue with the board?
Old     (flexnwake)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-30-2010, 3:50 PM Reply   
Just be postive... HA! easy for some... One thing is for sure transitions and growth is always hard on company's and maintaining consistency is key for keep customers and creating new ones. This doesnt excuse bad customer serivce or timely warranty replys... Overall our main goal is to produce killer progessive products and back it up with killer constant serivce. Not always an easy task to do but it is our overall goal! By no means I'm the next Kyle but I do my best to help keep track of our progress via wake and kite forums across the world and keep HQ updated with treading topics like this one to show how important it is to be on it!
Old     (cglass08)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-31-2010, 6:56 AM Reply   
Yes, it's broken all the way through. I was able to ride it with the gouge for a while but last week at OWC it broke. I went to ollie onto something and instead of it popping like normal it just bent in the middle.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-31-2010, 7:01 AM Reply   
^ did an awesome looking fall occur from that?

I had the same sort of thing happen before and it right before I went to get onto a rail it did just that, so I pushed down and popped up and nothing.... next thing you know I was ass up sliding face first on a box
Old     (cglass08)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-31-2010, 3:43 PM Reply   
Haha...thankfully I was just coming up to the box at OWC when I tried to pop and got nothing so I was able to just ride up and onto it. I was really confused for a second then I figured it out and started thanking my lucky stars it happened at O dub and not the projects because lining up the Slingshot flatbar + popping and nothing happening = something I hope I never experience.
Old     (SlingshotWake1)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-01-2010, 11:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cglass08 View Post
Yes, it's broken all the way through. I was able to ride it with the gouge for a while but last week at OWC it broke. I went to ollie onto something and instead of it popping like normal it just bent in the middle.
No promises, but I'd submit it to the warranty department. I'm sure they'd at least hook you up with a good deal. Here's the link for the forms...

http://www.slingshotsports.com/warranty-request
Old     (cglass08)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-01-2010, 7:14 PM Reply   
They already hooked it up. It came in today. Going to McCormick's tomorrow. iPhone photo...sorry.
Attached Images

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-01-2010, 7:42 PM Reply   
zach, you know nothing about me. just 'cause i call 'em as i see 'em, doesn't make me grumpy. i'm a douche? you sure do have a lot of balls name calling on a forum. what does that make you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingshotWake1 View Post
Joe, all Slingshot wakeboards are made here in the US. There are a couple of our kiteboards, and our surfboards that are made overseas, but that's it, including 2011.
thanks for clearing that up.
Old     (bmh2208)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-09-2010, 7:42 AM Reply   
Please don't take this as an advert, but with all the bad press that Slingshot got, I wanted to make sure that everyone knows that they do make it right and are on the right track to provide service levels that we are accustomed of.

I sent an email and called last week about getting a set of replacement liners. I lost the left one and ended up using a scuba boot for the end of last season (actually worked pretty darn good). Anyways, I did experience some delays in them getting back to me. But they did respond about a week. later. While that isn't a great response time, they made up for it. Everyone knows now that Kyle is gone, but the replacement, Tina, is working her ass off. I'm sure they are implementing changes across the board in order to better serve us, and given enough time, they will have at least, if not better, customer support that we have all grown to love.

Not only are they sending me a pair of liners, gratis, they threw something in a little special just for my troubles. I'm not going to say what they did because I don't want people to think that they can take advantage of them, but just wanted to say that they do go above, and way beyond, in order to serve their customers.

I've been riding slingshot for a few years now, and this setup is by far, the most rugged and best riding rig that I have ever rode. I've gone through countless CWB, LF, Hyperlite, etc bindings and boards, and none have withstood that use and abuse that I put on my equipment. A few of my good friends ride for Slingshot (Shredtown crew), and you can see the carnage that they induce on their equipment, and it is all still going strong. I have no qualms about being a lifetime Slingshot customer, and I hope that none of this bad press from their customer improvements hinder people from trying them out.

Thanks Tina!!!! And good luck with yall's continuing efforts.

Brandon
Old    spogue86            05-19-2010, 1:23 PM Reply   
Hey ya'll whats up!

I just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. My name is Sam and I am the North America Rep here at SS and I am going to do my best to keep up with you guys on here. Unfortunately this is not in my direct job title and I just want to make you guys feel like apart of our family! I know you guys will miss Kyle but hopefully you guys can keep up with him! I want to make myself available to you guys with any questions, comments or concerns so hit me up anytime.

Sam Pogue
s.pogue@slingshotsports.com
Old     (flexnwake)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-19-2010, 3:54 PM Reply   
HA! I thought that was my job...
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-20-2010, 7:23 AM Reply   
Want to say thank you to sling shot. The footbed of my liners tore away and they are sending me new ones!