Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old    reddog25cf            04-16-2003, 9:27 AM Reply   
Is there any possible way to prevent water spots? I understand that wiping the boat down after it's out helps, but anything you can just apply to the fiberglass on the boat to help?
Old    leggester            04-16-2003, 9:29 AM Reply   
Get a white boat and you won't see them? Wax will help.

Personally, I'm not too concerned with water spots. It's a boat.
Old    reddog25cf            04-16-2003, 9:32 AM Reply   
well, my boss/cousin/pull was asking the dealer about it today when we took it in to get perfect pass put in, just thought I'd see what you guys thought.
Old     (tdeneka)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-16-2003, 9:46 AM Reply   
Only run the boat in distilled water.
Old     (noneya)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-16-2003, 9:47 AM Reply   
I just got a ton of water spots off my boat with meguires (sp?) hard water spot remover. It works great to get them off, it says it will help prevent em but Idont know about that yet.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       04-16-2003, 9:48 AM Reply   
wipe it down and don't buy black or blue!
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-16-2003, 9:54 AM Reply   
keep 50/50 vinegar & water in a spray bottle. mist the hull b4 wipedown. works awesome.
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-16-2003, 9:56 AM Reply   
50/50 water and white venigar. Put it in a spray bottle. Spray it on and whipe it off at the boat ramp. I got it off the malibu web site, sorry I can't find the link. Keep it waxed also.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       04-16-2003, 10:29 AM Reply   
I think he was looking for an easier solution!
Old    leggester            04-16-2003, 10:36 AM Reply   
OK, I GOT IT! Leave the boat in the garage?

Unless, of course, the roof leaks.

Sorry, but I don't believe there's a solution to this non-problem other than not using the boat.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       04-16-2003, 10:49 AM Reply   
If you can't wipe the boat down I agree, don't go to the lake, or don't complain about the spots. Lack of boat maintenance is a big pet peeve of mine, but I guess if you want to loose $5k + on resale because you are too lazy to wash, rinse, and wax, that's you problem.
Old    reddog25cf            04-16-2003, 11:07 AM Reply   
50/50 water and vinegar sounds good to me... i understand that there's no way to prevent water spots, we were just looking for something that would help.... thanks guys
Old    papi            04-16-2003, 12:05 PM Reply   
Used to go to havasu alot. When I did I used a product called spa gloss, made for, you got it, fiberglass / gelcoat spas. Check your local pool supply dealer. Put it on like wax i think i remember it took a day to cure. Although it did not prevent the spots it went a long way to lessen them.
-chris
Old     (iliketoski)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-29-2003, 10:35 AM Reply   
Remember that the 50/50 spray will remove the wax.
-dave
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-29-2003, 10:42 AM Reply   
best thing I did was moved to FL where the lake I ride doesn't give water spots.

if you rain-x the windshied it helps a lot

good wax on the hull will have the same effect.

Old    reddog25cf            04-29-2003, 10:45 AM Reply   
Got it all taken care of.... he's building a boathouse with motorized lifts and having the people that bum rides help chamois... that's what you got to look forward to there Timmy... haha... plus it's just a good time...
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-29-2003, 11:15 AM Reply   
i am quite familiar with the wipe down. The lake in IL that I was on was the worst ever. and if you did not get the spots off right away, you could look forward to using sno-bol or other HCl derivative to be the only effective way to get them off. The lake gave the bottom of the boat a yellow crust, which incidentally the FL lake washed away. haha
Old    reddog25cf            04-29-2003, 11:31 AM Reply   
Hey Tim, if you do come up and ride with us, I'm pretty sure the boathouse won't be done by then considering they just started building it this morning... so the wipe down will be on the trailer, even then it's not a big deal, me and my cuz went out Sunday night and brought it in had it wiped down and cleaned out in like 20 minutes. Hey I also just got my new Parks Handle, haven't gotten to use it yet, but can't wait.