Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 22, 2005

Old     (evil_e)      Join Date: May 2004       11-16-2005, 8:11 PM Reply   
Got out skiing opening weekend on November 6th and then out wakeboarding a 2 days later. It's the first time I've ever overlapped on this end of the season (I've done it during spring skiing...). Just wanted to document it for posterity, here's the pics

Skiing November 6th

And back out on the boat November 8th

Old    wakeboarder408            11-16-2005, 9:06 PM Reply   
Lucky you. We're still waiting for some snow here in Northern Cali but i dont know when that's gonna happen with low to mid 70 degree temps. Usually around this time of the year, we should have at least 6-8' of snow and a few resorts open.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-16-2005, 9:27 PM Reply   
Are you a two planker?

Wakeworlders...do not attack me. I am joking with a friend.
Old    wakeboarder408            11-16-2005, 9:50 PM Reply   
bsflower, from looking at the first pic, he looks like he's on the far right. And if that is so, then the answer to your question is yes.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-16-2005, 11:27 PM Reply   
dont worry man, lots of us two plankers also wakeboard. That looks like the parking lot to Arapahoe Basin am I right?

Mark, tell me about it.....Im moving to tahoe area in Jan and am more than just a bit worried about your snow situation.
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       11-17-2005, 9:27 AM Reply   
BSFLOWER! You got something against 2-plankers? We'll rip on your your knuckle draggin ars any day.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-17-2005, 10:55 AM Reply   
mike - I believe that ski picture was taken at Crystal Mountain in Washington State.

notidad - your wife can be a two planker when you guys come to Whistler with me, but you better be on a snowboard. Otherwise, no Whistler for you.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       11-17-2005, 1:37 PM Reply   
2 planking wakeboarders represent! Although I figure if you gave me a year on a board I would be... proportionately... as good of a boarder as I am a skier tricks/rails wise... its been in the back of my mind to do it to cross train but I love skiing too much
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       11-17-2005, 1:54 PM Reply   
Four edges are harder than two.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-17-2005, 2:10 PM Reply   
lets not turn this into an argument...

snowboarding/skiing/wakeboarding all = cool sports.

Amen.

www.snowcoupons.com
Old     (ss1234)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-17-2005, 2:16 PM Reply   
.....as long as the skiers don't track up the good powder that is obviously intended to be used by boards. There are miles and miles of groomed runs for the skiers....

(sorry, couldn't resist. BTW, I board and ski, both in all conditions)
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-17-2005, 5:07 PM Reply   
Steve, you almost had my blood boiling until i got to the bottom of your thread, lets not talk about the fact that boards make mogul fields knee killers for skiers (literally, boardstops make walls that blow acls)

who am I kidding? I dont ski moguls anyways.....

seriously, lets not go there, wakeboarder.com just recently killed a thread that got pretty nasty.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-17-2005, 5:13 PM Reply   
man that pic makes me so jealous..i come home every night and just stare at my board hangin up! and i live in NJ, so you know we don't get any snow till january and it's at best...i'm going to try to make it to hunter or windham, NY a few times this year to get in some good shreddin'..

lucky!
Old     (john30)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-17-2005, 6:20 PM Reply   
Dave what are the water temps up there at Wash. and Sammamish?
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-17-2005, 6:34 PM Reply   
skiing tomorrow in washington!

lets not get started on the no snow thing, I lived in colorado last season and they got no snow. Im sure all of you heard about tahoe's epic season last year.....so.......I cancelled my co pass and decided to move to tahoe this season.

Long story short, colorado is getting pounded and tahoe is like summer.
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       11-18-2005, 7:16 AM Reply   
BS - I'll do whatever I please.... thank you.

Steve - The only thing worse than snowboarders tracking up our good (POWLOL) is Ski Patrollers taking all the first tracks on the best slopes.

Mike - Water temps are COLD but if you ask some people on hear they'll say I'm a wuss about that. Lake Samm is reporting 55, LK WA is usually a few degrees colder due to it's depth.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-18-2005, 7:44 AM Reply   
im a retard, i meant skiing in wisconsin.

No more alcohol for me allowed, I forgot where I am at.
Old     (evil_e)      Join Date: May 2004       11-18-2005, 8:19 AM Reply   
Yup, that be Crystal Mountain. And yeah Laci, I ski...never snowboarded in my life. I've skied since I was 5 years old, after 23 years of skiing, I feel like a day spent snowboarding would just be a day missed skiing. But I do wonder how I would do snowboarding given my wakeboarding background.
John, I don't think notidad is a wuss, the water temps are freakin cold! I wouldn't have hopped in if it hadn't been for my drysuit, neoprene socks, and neoprene gloves.
Mike, it was no better in Washington last year than Colorado, we got so few days that our season passes at Snoqualmie were renewed this year for free. Hoping to make up for it this season.
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       11-18-2005, 8:25 AM Reply   
Dave - We have to go 2 planking this year. I've got my pass for Summit ready and will be up there one day every w/e. Did you get any time outta state last year? I SKD&SBRDED Mammoth more days last year than I did an average year when I lived in SoCal. Crystal looked good that day. I know you had fun.
Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-18-2005, 8:30 AM Reply   
You damn partrolers hog'n all the POW. Man are you guys selfish.

Whats nice about dummp'n the planks for a board is how nice your feet feel all day. After 30 somthin yrs on planks, I will never go back.

yeah Mike bad move.....Colorado off to a good start. And you are not looking for any snow in Nor Cali for a at least a couple more weeks if the forecasters are right.
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       11-18-2005, 8:41 AM Reply   
sdub - You got plenty of POW days last year in Mamm so stop complaining. I love bustin' knuckledraggers JK LOL!!

Dave - Anyone overlapping this w/e?
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-18-2005, 9:46 AM Reply   
david, you guys are off to a good start. Im skiing hood for a few days over xmas before the tahoe move.

S dub, whats worse is a got a refund on my colorado pass last week right before the storms started......oops.
Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-18-2005, 10:55 AM Reply   
Noti great profile pics. I see you got Mason represent'n. That one in the upper left corner looks familiar....that Pam trying to take a pic as she drives up the Overton Arm.....and it pure buttah.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-18-2005, 11:04 AM Reply   
paul, obviously you have never tried to snowboard
Old     (shredhead)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-18-2005, 1:13 PM Reply   
I do both, they each have there advantages.

Mike:
Colorado didn't have a bad season last year, Summit County did. Crested Butte had there best season in ten years. Summit Country pretty much blows anyhow,
your better off in LT.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-18-2005, 2:00 PM Reply   
Here's a pic I took of my friend last year at Big Sky.

Old     (evil_e)      Join Date: May 2004       11-18-2005, 4:07 PM Reply   
notidad, I'm definitely down for some skiing this year, gotta make up for last year. Yeah, I actually got more out of town skiing in last year than in town, made it out to Keystone in Colorado (which was still better than what we had out here), and Whistler. I think I'm done overlapping for this part of the season, I pulled my boat end of last week, cleaned it, winterized it, and stowed it away. So unless someone else is offering up their boat for the winter riding, I'm done until end of February/beginning of March.