Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003

Old    hockeyruss            08-14-2003, 9:42 AM Reply   
I just got the serial number of my new boat and I am going to get the loan today. I called my insurance (boat us) and they went through the gambit of questions... how many HP (340), how fast does the boat go (49 mph)....he comes back with a quote of $515. My 2002 ins was $330. I was like, why the big increase, he said that b/c of the top end, and he doubted that a boat with 340hp would only have a top end of 49mph. I tried telling him about ski/wakeboard boats being built for power not speed.....anyway to make a long story short, anyone have a better insurance
company to go with?
Old    nick360            08-14-2003, 9:51 AM Reply   
Elton Porter Marine Ins. - 800-759-2628 - Kristin Cockrell

Anchor Marine Ins. - 800-609-0036 - Ron Davis

Ski Safe Ins. - 800-225-6560
Old    hockeyruss            08-14-2003, 11:59 AM Reply   
thanks I got a quote for 433 from progressive, called boatus back on my break, spoke to an underwriter and got the insurance dropped to $370.
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-14-2003, 1:42 PM Reply   
Too many variables to speculate on:
Operator MVR? clean or 3 duis? Age? State?
Navigation limits?
Liability amount?
Any lay up warranty period?
Is there mechanical coverage?
Underwater object exclusion added?
any prior losses?

Dont jump in head first for a low premium.Who is the carier for Boat US?

Ck it out.

Rick
Old    sprucie            08-14-2003, 10:11 PM Reply   
02 X10 skisafe $330 for the year requires 4 (or 3) months of lay up, fresh water and don't forget to mention what you do for a living. Believe it or not it makes a difference they gave me a discount because of my job.
Old     (batman)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-16-2003, 9:09 PM Reply   
Check United Marine Underwriters. I got my 02 VLX with them and they were the cheapest and easy to deal with. FYI