Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003

Old    perkinsmd            08-08-2003, 5:29 AM Reply   
Hello,

I have an '88 Supra Mariah with a Skylon extended pylon and 2 Fat Sacs. I recently saw a Fat Seat up for auction on eBay. Before I decide to bid on it, I was wondering if anyone has one of these. How will I like the Fat Seat compared to what I have now? I'm thinking the weighting could be better because the weight will be further back in the boat, and more centered...Plus I'm hoping to get some floor space back. (I currently have a Fat Sac on each side of the engine cover). I just want to make sure before I buy the thing and go through the trouble of removing the rear seats.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Donald
Old    lucky            08-08-2003, 6:40 AM Reply   
It won't save you much floor space as it takes up a lot of room. It is durable and you can walk on it. I have had mine for almost two yrs with a lot of use. You will probably have to add some weight to the front of your boat. In order to get a wake that is not too steep I wrap the fat seat around the engine box so that it is not all the way in the back of the boat. I also add a 500lbs sack in the front. My boat is similiar to yours so it will probably abouth the same result. It is nice! I would suggest a try.
Old    jzwake            08-08-2003, 7:06 AM Reply   
We use one in a 205 mastercraft. Its nice but big. We've broken 2 of them but I'd say they didn;t owe us anything. Both broke on seems. Honestly Between our last 1 and new one we were rolling Gethighsports.net 750 lbs sack in the back and the wake didn't seem to miss a beat, plus it save room. I'd recomend getting one of them for $75. I have 3 of theres in our SAN and I've been please, plus you can't beat the size. The uncovered Gethighsorts.net sacks are super strong.
Old     (jayc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-11-2003, 3:40 AM Reply   
I have the launch pad fat sofa in my mastercraft 190. Its great. Takes up less room than the fat seat one as it does not come so far forard into the boat. Weighs about 1000lbs when totally full and we usually have 4 people at the front of the boat plus loads of gear and a big sub up under the bow to balance it out.
Last week we had 8 people on the boat so I 1/3 filled with water and the rest air and had 3 people sitting on it.
Had for 2 seasons now and still like new.
Added bonus of the launch pad one is that it has 6 fill/drain holes.