Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (nautyboy)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-17-2006, 6:26 PM Reply   
Dude, these things are sooooo comfy! I went into the proshop totally sold on the LF Watsons, but after I tried the Zueus', Holy Crap! No Pressure Points, Totally Snug, Nice High Wrap, Still Flexible for Pokes, Etc. INSANE! The most comfy bindings I have ever tried on.

My only concern is how the Hinge holds up. Any feedback out there?
Old     (hcaggie22)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-17-2006, 7:06 PM Reply   
had one slight problem with the wire coming out of it's little holder thing and riding up but i put it back in and haven't had a problem since. By far the best bindings i have ever had especially when on a 2006 CWB Absolute Platinum. I highly reccomend them.
Old     (nautyboy)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-17-2006, 7:28 PM Reply   
Thanks, How is the Transcend Platinum?
Old     (tws_andrew)      Join Date: May 2004       05-17-2006, 7:53 PM Reply   
I have a Zeus question. Sorry for the thread jack. With the hinge can you keep everything really tight and just use the hinge to get in and out or do you just use the hinge to make entry easy and then tighten down like a normal binding?
Old     (seaswirlmike)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-17-2006, 8:51 PM Reply   
i just won a pair myself and was very suprised with how nice they are!!! has anyone else had the hinge pop open on hard landings? my foots only actually came out 1 time but the hinge has open quite a few.

andrew: i suppose you could leave everything tight and just use the hinge to get in, but in reality it only takes another 15 seconds (at that) to sinch the strings down.... i bet you can find that extra time before you hop in the water.
Old     (mwaken)      Join Date: May 2003       05-17-2006, 9:22 PM Reply   
The Zues' are sick bindings.

Andrew-the hinge tech is designed to be used in conjunction with the laces. The laces need to be loosened to get in and out.

Mike- Have you checked the tightness of the cables with the hinges locked? My guess is that they are set too loose and that is why they are coming undone. Give the cable head attachments a few turns and it should hold the back piece in tighter.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-17-2006, 11:06 PM Reply   
Yep, tighten the cable. Like any other cable, they stretch initally.
Old     (crracer)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-18-2006, 1:37 AM Reply   
absolutely amazing, very durable, and CWB is a great CO. to be affilated with!
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-18-2006, 7:47 AM Reply   
Like I have said from the first time I put them on. Best binding ever produced IMO. Easy to get in and out of and for the newbies that have ridin with us it makes a hudge difference for them, add the support and the zero pressure points and zero heel lift. There you have it. Cant wait for the 07 CWB Faction, I hear it is a really sick binding as well.
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-18-2006, 7:57 AM Reply   
I must be one of the only people who doesn't like these bindings. I tried them on at the shop and didn't care for the fit of it. It seemed to put some pressure on the sides of my foot near my heal which I didn't care for. The other think I didn't care for was the big metal hinge hanging of the back, seems to me it would catch my hand on grabs or maybe get released.
I am demoing a pair or 06 transits tonight so hopefully those will be to my liking if not than I will order a new pair of Ultras. I have been riding the ultras since they came out and I always seem to go back to them. So far the transits seem really comfy my only complaint just standing in them is that there isn't enough pressure on the top of my foot near my toes, plus the top overlay isn't as long as the ultras so my toes hang out the end more which I don't care for. I like them to be covered up. I tried on the closed to shanes and didn't care for those either. I think I am too picky sometimes.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-18-2006, 9:05 AM Reply   
I've never whacked the Hinge lever on Stalefish, Method or Melon grabs. The Hinge does not come loose when riding and I've had it come loose once or twice on a major stack. Most of the times I come out and the Hinge stays locked. I know CWB did a lot of research on the design but were not completely sure how it would hold up to regular abuse, turns out it holds up great. It can have some lace problems like most lace boots but the Hinge itself is rock solid. anyone want a pair of Mediums for a good price? I hear the Factions calling my name. Jeff, when do you get them in store?
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-18-2006, 9:20 AM Reply   
Next Month Stephan cant wait!!!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-18-2006, 10:24 AM Reply   
Yup, I dig my hinges too. I've never had any problems with them. They do come un-hinged on occasion on a really hard fall, but all good other than that. I've never had a binding that was easier to get into and with such killer heel hold down.

I can't wait to check out the Factions, but I'm not sure if I'll give up my Zeus' for them.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-18-2006, 10:25 AM Reply   
BTW: Eh Brah, you may want to demo the Transcend before buying. It's a sick board, but a very different ride. I prefer the Absolute Platinum in every way.
Old     (crracer)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-18-2006, 2:06 PM Reply   
I can't comment on the transcend but i have heard good things however i ride the 06 Absolute platty and love it. I feel like it helped me take my riding to the next level. I'm not sure if the bindings or the board or combo of both are responsible but i never was comfortable landing in the flats till i got this setup. Now i can take everything bigger especially switch HS i love it. The board has good speed an amazing pop. I thought the graphics were sick on last years model (blue with the silver hawk) but even this years graphics have grown on me... I rode the marius(sp?) i hated it... very heavy feel to only thing i thought was positive was how well it tracked in the rough water but it felt like i was strapped to a door otherwise
Old     (nautyboy)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-18-2006, 2:16 PM Reply   
Yea, I'm trying to hook-up with Ryan @ Endos in Long Beach so I can Demo some boards. It sucks that we don't have a pro shop in Hawaii where you can demo things. I've finally decided that I will not buy another board until I ride it first.

BTW, how does the absolute ride different to the Transcend?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-18-2006, 2:41 PM Reply   
There are a few demo places in So-Cal. Watersports warehouse, So-Cal Watersports and Sports Ltd carries C-Dub as well.

As for the Transcend it rides very slowly unless you rock the Platinum which speeds it up a touch. It has a little more grip into the wake than a finless Absolute. The thing is designed to pop UP and you can really feel it explode off the top. I ride the Absolute as I like the loose feel and the 135 size but the Transcend is a sweet ride, it looks like its popping a wheelie with a ll that rocker.
Old     (nautyboy)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-18-2006, 3:43 PM Reply   
I actually like going W2W with a staight-up lofty feel, not really fast across the wake if you know what I mean. I am much more confident when I am high at slower speeds. It sounds like the Transcend may actually be what I want.
Old    wiz            05-18-2006, 5:15 PM Reply   
i have a 05 transcend & couldnt be happier. the board is a little on the slow side. i didnt like that at first, but now that i've dialed in the pop & speed i love it. i has huge straight up pop without the "bucking" sensation. i'm more of a w2w rider because of a bad knee so this fits me perfectly. if you're looking for a board that's got straight up , lofty pop w2w then look no further.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-19-2006, 8:12 AM Reply   
From what you said in your post nautyboy, the Trancend is the perfect board for you, great wake to wake board with straight up pop and alot of it.
Old     (wayz)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-19-2006, 12:55 PM Reply   
I tried on a pair of Torq's last week, it wasn't comfortable on my heel at all. Those 2 cushions pressing against my heel made me want to get out of them. I rather try another manufacture. I had the hype all built up, but once i tried them on, it wasn't cool at all. It reminded me of my oldschool Burton boots.