Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old     (sandman59)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-19-2005, 5:27 PM Reply   
Rode behind a new X2 for the first time tonight. After the boat owner corrected my cutting technique (less speed, more standing tall), I was being launched. When I got back in the boat, was told I was getting some serious air. I figured about 5 feet, the response was "No, you were getting major air." All I can say is...Wow, what a difference the boat makes. I have been invited back out with them on Sunday, need to take my video camera.

(Message edited by sandman59 on August 19, 2005)

(Message edited by sandman59 on August 19, 2005)
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-19-2005, 5:37 PM Reply   
congrats! but...

quote:

All I can say is...Wow, what a difference the boat makes.

what about proper technique?
Old     (sandman59)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-19-2005, 5:42 PM Reply   
You're right, I will be trying out the corrections to my cutting behind my boat, but tonight I never had so easy to get so high.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-19-2005, 5:51 PM Reply   
yeah, you can't really go wrong w/ an x-2.

congrats again!
Old     (raketball)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-19-2005, 8:23 PM Reply   
I rode behind one last week and it was a great experience. The wake seemed twice the size (and much better shape) than the wake on our boat. Seems like a great boat!
Old    jayp            08-19-2005, 8:39 PM Reply   
The X2 Rules!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-19-2005, 9:35 PM Reply   
I like this thread!

Just getting mine dialed in. We just keep making the wake bigger and bigger. I'm getting spoiled.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-19-2005, 11:12 PM Reply   
A weighted up X-2 is one of my favourite wakes. Love it!
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-20-2005, 7:01 AM Reply   
Best wakeboard boat on the market!!
Old     (rainryder)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-20-2005, 7:29 AM Reply   
whats the difference between x2 x7 x30 x star size?? how is the wake different on these boats and which has the best wake in your opinion
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-20-2005, 8:00 AM Reply   
Good luck getting an unbiased answer to that question.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-20-2005, 9:14 AM Reply   
anyone who seriously rides will tell you the x2 is mastercrafts best wake hands down.........

www.wakecoupons.com
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-20-2005, 10:13 AM Reply   
Except for maybe the xstar owners.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-20-2005, 11:40 AM Reply   
lol.....im going to get this statement.

Jrod thats what i meant by anyone who seriously rides....xstar owners tend to be older more recreational type riders.....imo people buy the xstar for the roominess, not the wake. People who ride seriously enough to pay over fifty for a wake buy the x2
Old     (shoulin)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-20-2005, 12:39 PM Reply   
The wakes between the xstar and x2 can be similar enough to where they} feel the same. The xstar is wider with a rampier feel than the x2 .For double ups the xstar takes the lead they are huge and meaty as sht. I split my riding time between both boats and like the xstar more because of the room and not so much bags all over the floor but wake wise your not going to go wrong either way.Drawbacks to the xstar is gas its bigger and eats more of it. Like J rod said you can just add more weight and the x2 will grow to as big as you want. It's such a great boat for the rest of your life. You wont ever be limited behind it in whatever you do.
SPeaking of x2 any owners worried about resale when the new one comes out. DO you think that this new boat will take off or the x2 or x1 will remain a strong selling boat.Will the older x2's resale value go up. I personally think that if this new boat has a nice wake which im sure it does then the x2 will lose value on the resale market.Im planning on keeping my x2 for a long time so not worried about it just interested in what others think.
Old     (sandman59)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-20-2005, 12:43 PM Reply   
nwrep,

That's like the nastiest profile picture I have ever seen.
Old    robertt            08-20-2005, 1:04 PM Reply   
Dude, that is a sick picture. Tell me the story on that one.

Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-20-2005, 1:51 PM Reply   
lol holy yikes!

yep, i have to admit, the dups on the xstar are the best........but other than that i hate the wake. Not even trying to be a hater, but I seriously cant get the pop i do on literally any other boat. Honestly, and i have witnesses on this, i ride i/os better than the xstar.

my .02 anyways,i happily jump in my local shops xstar anytime they allow me, and I am planning on buying an x1
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-20-2005, 2:52 PM Reply   
nw..I hope the X2 will hold it's value. I'm hearing that the X1 is supposed to be the more affordable boat, but the low prices I'm hearing are without a trailer and all the options.

As far as the new X-2, rumor has it that the wake is as wide or wider than the X-star. I think a lot of people are still going to want that current X2/future X1 wake. I actually hope they don't drop prices on the X1. Who is going to buy a 1 or 2 yqer old X2 when you can get a new X1 for nearly the same price.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-20-2005, 3:07 PM Reply   
i looked at an x1 on the trailer, yellow with black graphics........39,900 without bargaining at all. Mostly what they did was take all the foofoo stuff off the boat (no billet etc) its just a wake,interior, motor.....even the racks are toned down to a bungee setup....so again, its just a wake your buying, im buying one.

www.wakecoupons.com
Old    upupnaway            08-21-2005, 4:58 AM Reply   
You are getting an x-1 Mike? AWESOME! liz and I just looked at the price on one at Chicago Mastercraft, and it was very affordable and looked awesome. Are you going to pick up a showroom model, or order one?
Old    robertt            08-21-2005, 7:14 AM Reply   
I love what mastercraft has done, making a high quality price point boat on a proven hull. You can always bling it out later.

But, if I had a late model X2, I think I would be a little bummed. New boat, drive by wire, free MC version of perfect pass, new vinyl, yada yada. It would be hard to get top dollar for an 05 X2 in a year or two.

That really sucks for the owner, who partially bought for the resale value. I know of many people who sold their MCs after five or ten years for close to what they paid for them.

Oh well, I guess you cant complain about a manufacturer giving the public what they need and want.

Old    dahui            08-21-2005, 12:35 PM Reply   
I think I am going to get an X-1 also. I think it is the perfect mix of quality and price.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-21-2005, 12:56 PM Reply   
mike that is the plan for spring....i still have the centurion direct drive for now.

there is still possibility of an avalanche, but with rockford marina gone im not sure, that would be my preferred boat. Mike, your new boat is beautiful, the x1 im looking at is also yellow
Old    upupnaway            08-22-2005, 6:29 AM Reply   
Thanks. we kind of lucked into it. If we went new, we were going to get yellow anyway.

If you haven't already, talk to the guys at chicago mastercraft- they spent alot of time with us designing an x-1. If you are buying in spring, you could probably get a made to order with boat show prices set up for next year. The best part about them is the mechanic they have. When he says something will be done, It gets done.

Are you going to be at wake-off this year? With all the boat drama this year, I have not gotten much riding in, but I may go ahead and ride this comp. I can contribute my entry fee to the winners pockets.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-22-2005, 7:57 AM Reply   
Not too worried about the X-2's holding price. The new boat is gonna be more stripped down and by the time you option it up to be comperable it'll be close in the price to the '05. From what I understand you'd have to add for speed control, the bigger motor, triple KGB ballast, bimini, double axle trailer, stereo and all the small cosmetic extras that come with the X-2. It'll be like the 'Bu ride series by the time you option it the way you like it'll be close to the VLX. That said if you don't mind the stripped boat and you are just about the wake it'll be a great option. We'll have to see though.

As far as the new X-2: I'm hoping the wake is killer. I wouldn't mind trading my X-2 for the new one if the wake is as good or better. Time will tell. I'm also guessing that with the introduction of that boat all bets are off as for price. I'd bet it'll go up $5-10k so that it falls right between the X-1 and X-Star.

Till next year it's all speculation anyway.
Old    bambamski            08-22-2005, 9:20 AM Reply   
After riding behind 5 different boats this year and pretty much hitting them all after the past 3-4 years. My opinion is the X-2 wake is THE BEST. We just rode behind a new 06 boat on the weekend at a local tourny. The boat was super nice, great interior layout but the wake does't come close. There are other boats with more interior room, better storage, but just going off what the wake is like I would never buy another boat.

I'm guessing the "new" X-2 is going to be a bit rampier due to the increased width of the boat. If the wake is the same as the current X-2 then I think the resale value will be hurt as you'll have the best wake ever made and you'll have the room to go along with it.

The new X-1, by the time you add everything you'll need it will be the same price it is today.
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-22-2005, 9:45 AM Reply   
I have ridden behind and 01' xstar(x2) for the last few years. This year I've spent a lot of time behind a 04 Xstar. When dialed in the 04' Xstar had a better wake then the 01'. The transition of the Xstar wake is second to none. The 04' xtar wake was really nice with a full tank of gas and about 10 people on board, in which there was plenty of room for. The 04' x-star with two or three people doesn't have a steep enough wake, but when you add 1000 lbs of your friends then the wake gets a lot taller and kicks you super high. Oh yeah, the 04' chugged gas like a mofo.
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-22-2005, 11:45 AM Reply   
who wants a good wake with 10 people?!??! I dont want that many people on a boat unless we are partying and not riding. Otherwise, I want a kickass wake with 3-4 people
Old     (pf728)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-28-2005, 8:57 PM Reply   
let me get this straight: x-star 98-02, x2 03-05, 06 x1 are the same boat?
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-28-2005, 9:21 PM Reply   
not sure on the years exactly, but yes, i think you are right.

www.wakecoupons.com
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-28-2005, 9:26 PM Reply   
Yes. Pretty silly.

IMO, MC would be much better off calling the new boat XSTAR-21 and the existing boat XSTAR-23.

Better leverage of the XSTAR name.

But, I sure hope the X1 does not remain their best wake boat (as it is today, IMO).
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-28-2005, 9:51 PM Reply   
"Better leverage of the XSTAR name. "

totally
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-28-2005, 9:54 PM Reply   
Except the X-2 is 20 foot so it would be the Xstar-20......
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-28-2005, 10:02 PM Reply   
isn't the x2 20'9", thus xstar-20.75?