Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 25, 2007

Old     (phall925)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-03-2007, 9:08 AM Reply   
So here it is
bought and Audiovox XM Radio to add to my system.
I ran all the wires and have run the power wire from my ACC 2 Switch. I know i am getting power. I have tested it with a test light. When I plug the power into the base unit it will not come on. So what i did was took the unit back and exchanged it. WHen I got to the store the guy in the stereo section took the unit over to the display and pluged it in and just like I thought the unit was bad. So he pulled another one off the shelf and before I took it home he plugged it into the display unit and it worked fine. So I get home plug it into my setup and it will not work. Any ideas on what is happening.

By the way I exchanged both cradle and unit

Thanks
Preston

Her is a pic of the unit I bought

Upload
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       05-03-2007, 9:15 AM Reply   
IS there a remote turn on wire that needs to be connected? is the power wire fused?
Old     (phall925)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-03-2007, 10:40 AM Reply   
There is no remote wire just a simple plug and play. The power wire is not fused but it is on a breaker. I just tried hooking it directly to the battery and it still did not work. Ohh and by the way I am on my 3rd trade in now
Old     (kdr)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-03-2007, 11:14 AM Reply   
I am confused. What are you hooking directly to the battery? Are you using the cigarette lighter adapter that came with it or are you actually putting 12V on it. I have that same one and it requires a 5V input. 12 V will fry the unit.
Old     (phall925)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-03-2007, 11:16 AM Reply   
I am not using the cigarette lighter adapter so there lies the problem. So Here is what I want to know how do you hardwire this unit and not use the cigarette lighter adapter
Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-03-2007, 11:24 AM Reply   
http://store.xmfanstore.com/myfihrdpwr.html
Old     (kdr)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-03-2007, 11:25 AM Reply   
Get a 12V socket and wire it up to the switch. plug the adapter into this and the wire tie it up out of the way in the dash or up under it and then route the cable to where you want it. There is no way to plug in 12V directly.
Old     (phall925)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-03-2007, 11:28 AM Reply   
Many thanks for all the speedy replies. I now understand my problem

Thanks

Preston
Old     (kdr)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-03-2007, 11:29 AM Reply   
Preston, the adapter that Clint posted will not work with the express. I've got the Roady XT in my car and my wife/boat has the Xpress. The plugs are not compatable. Besides, a 12V socket is only a few bucks and you can find them at Wal-Mart.