Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old     (kody_a)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-29-2005, 5:05 PM Reply   
I am 6'3 and weigh about 180lbs. I have a size 14 foot, wide. What board and bindings do you think I should get. I was looking at the liquid force fish but I am not quite sure.

thanks
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-29-2005, 5:16 PM Reply   
ability level? riding style?......
Old     (kody_a)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-29-2005, 5:19 PM Reply   
intermediate, normal
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-29-2005, 5:34 PM Reply   
the fish is one of those boards that you will love or hate, so demo it. my buddy has a substance, he likes it, i like it, and apparently everyone else does too. i DO NOT recommend a byerly, parks, or subjekt. you won't have fun.

all of lf's 05 stuff is INCREDIBLE!! i recommend the sphynx, transits, or teams. they are all superb, way ahead of hl for 05. they are all different stiffnesses sphynxs being lowest and teams highest.

Old     (kody_a)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-29-2005, 6:15 PM Reply   
So sphynx bindings and a substance board, is there a certain number that I should go with like a 135 or something.

thanks
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-29-2005, 6:31 PM Reply   
I would go with something larger than a 135. I am an inch taller than you and weigh the same and feel the most comfortable on a 140-141 (CWB Absolute series). I have ridden a 135 and it seemed too small for me, I have ridden a 138 and thought that it rode similar to the 141 that I am used to. The sphynx are nice, I have a friend that rides them.
Old    dahui            08-29-2005, 6:38 PM Reply   
I dont know why a lot of people dis the Parks board. I have had the 141 05 Parks and I really like it. It is a fun board and I am used to, and like the abrupt pop. I know everyone thinks that the only reason it sells is because its a PARKS. I think is really is a good mix of Pop, speed, and feel. I would say I wish it was a tad bit looser but I have always like the tracking over loose feel.
Old    wickedwake            08-29-2005, 6:38 PM Reply   
142, check out the Transits, much better IMO
Old     (kody_a)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-29-2005, 6:50 PM Reply   
I was looking at the substance 138 it should do the trick. Now as for my feet will they be ok in a sphynx xl, because I know I bought some cheap hydroslide bindings and it turned my feet purple because of lose of circulation so I ended up cutting them.

thanks
Old     (kody_a)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-29-2005, 7:17 PM Reply   
Do any of you know where I can find a xl pair of sphynx; I have been looking but no luck.

thanks
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-29-2005, 8:18 PM Reply   
I have ridden the Large Sphynx and found them to be moderately comfortable, I wear a size 13. Check most of the online wakeshops that sponsor wakeworld, fortunately since new gear is coming out there are good deals to be had on 05 stuff, unfortunately, their supply in certain sizes can be limited this time of year.
Old    thebryan12            08-31-2005, 1:51 PM Reply   
I agree LF bindings are bad ass!!! Put HL's to shame!! I recommend going to your local board shop, try on the Sphinx or Transit or whatever you feel is the best for you to determine your size.Then go to ebay. Several dealers on there are making great deals on 05's already. I'm talking like new 05' Transits for "buy it now" $150 thats a steal!!!!