Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003

Old    windnwake            08-13-2003, 2:44 PM Reply   
I have a Bayliner that does not hold low speeds very well, such as for wakesufing, etc. Will a new prop help this?
Old     (wakeskier)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-13-2003, 4:42 PM Reply   
A different prop will defintely help (depending on what you have now)

I have a 19ft Stingray I/O (4.3L EFI)

I first switched to a 4 blade 21 pitch aluminum and had a significant improvement
Next I went to a 5 Blade stainless Steel 21 pitch - Awesome prop!!
The 5 blade stainless is definitely the way to go.

You have to figure out which pitch is right for you, I tried a few out from 19-25.

The 19 pitch perfomed best for holding slow speeds but I lost too much top end.
The 25 pitch surprisingly held speed as well as my 3 blade and could get the boat close to 60mph.
I found the 21 pitch a good balance of holding speed but I can still get the boat close to 50mph

Also a HUGE improvent is slow speed handling such as docking etc...

In my opinion it was worth every penny
It's amazing what the right prop can do for you!
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-13-2003, 5:03 PM Reply   
yea we had a 4 blade prop it was a composite prop till we hit an island and it completly striped off! so our spare was a metal 3 blade power prop, and it helped our boat sooo much we(the kids) are much happier with the boat now