Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003

Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-09-2003, 9:38 PM Reply   
they are thick, risen decals and am wondering what is the best way to start it and best way to take them off?

thanks
Old    boozcruz33            08-10-2003, 3:17 AM Reply   
Depends on how large they are. For fairly small decals, you can just heat them up really good (a hairdryer will do) and then run a very thin string behind them. This is the process usually used to "de-badge" a car.

For larger ones... well, I would probably go to a dealer before I made a mess. I am sure others on here have done it and can give you some better advice.
Old    ckabe            08-10-2003, 11:19 AM Reply   
3-M makes a decal remover that fits on the end of a drill. The "wheel" is made of a rubbery material that is similar to an eraser. I used one of these (on loan from a local dealer) on all my decals on my PS-205. It was fast and safe. I tried other methods, but if the decals are old and not in one piece, this was the best.
Old     (jmanjohn)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-10-2003, 1:32 PM Reply   
Ty, I took the "SKI" of of My boat with a hair dryer and then used "Goof Off" for the residue leftover goo.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-11-2003, 6:59 AM Reply   
hey john,
what's up?
did you take them off? do you have any pics?

was it pretty easy?

thanks
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-11-2003, 9:24 AM Reply   
Hair dryer to heat them up. Peel them off. Then "Goo-Gone" to remove the residue.