Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (rkinsell)      Join Date: May 2005       04-28-2010, 2:54 PM Reply   
http://news.firedoglake.com/2010/04/...izona-boycott/

This is pretty funny. Of course Sanfran is leading the way on this.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-28-2010, 3:04 PM Reply   
freaking idiots. we should be sending ALL our business to AZ because of this. one state finally has the balls to stand up to the feds and let them know they are not doing their freaking job regarding immigration control. kudos to AZ for making this move.
Old     (adam4x4)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-28-2010, 3:16 PM Reply   
I live in Cali. I only wish that they would do that here. And they wonder why we are broke. Here's are sign.
Old     (Matt)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-28-2010, 3:23 PM Reply   
I love the idea... Obama is just upset he too is an immagrant... Texas & Oklahoma should follow suit... Go Arizona
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-28-2010, 3:49 PM Reply   
Its crazy why people are upset that if a cop pulls you over and you are in this country ILLEGALLY he will arrest you. If a cop pulled me over they check my records for warrants and if I had one I would get arrested. Why is it not OK to treat these criminals as criminals? Im pretty sure that every other country in the world would arrest anyone there illegally so why cant we here?
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-28-2010, 4:46 PM Reply   
the people who are against this think that if the cops are going to pull someone over if they have brown skin, brown eyes and black hair. that could not be further from the truth.
if someone gets stopped for a traffic violation and they can not provide license, insurance and registration, that is a gigantic red flag. then the police can start checking on immigration status.
the fear mongers want you to think this is only going to cause profiling.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       04-28-2010, 5:32 PM Reply   
I think anyone who fails an 8th grade level spelling and grammar test (in English) should be forced to leave the country. Especially people who can't spell immigrant.
Old     (skongolf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       04-28-2010, 5:37 PM Reply   
Being from AZ, its getting to be a big mess. I for one am for the new law because like some one said earlier, if you are in their country illegally they might throw you in jail never to be seen again, but here we all feel sorry for them and feel their constitutional rights are being violated. Well last I checked the constitution applies to citizens of the US, not people in the country illegally. I have nothing against the ones who are here trying to make a living and work hard at the jobs no one else wants, but unfortunately they are becomming the minority. Too many of them are here selling drugs and running the state into the ground by using our medical services like they are going out of style. I have a feeling that ER wait times are going to go way down!
As far as racial profiling goes, that it probably the most bogus argument around. If you are a criminal you are a criminal!! No matter what color you are. Its funny how many of them get busted for a crime and then they cry they were racially profiled.WOW!! No you broke a law and got caught.
Anyway, the guy who wrote the bill, Russell Pearce is a Grade A first Rate A HOLE!!! who wants to end public education, but I think this is one thing he did right.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-28-2010, 5:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skongolf View Post
Well last I checked the constitution applies to citizens of the US, not people in the country illegally.
actually, the constitution states that it's for "all persons born in the united states." if that's true, the constitution doesn't apply to a lot of us, including me since i wasn't born here (though i'm a u.s. citizen). anyway, the 14th amendment allows for illegal immigrants to get welfare and such. am i wrong here? if not, is az's law then unconstitutional?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-28-2010, 5:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
I think anyone who fails an 8th grade level spelling and grammar test (in English) should be forced to leave the country. Especially people who can't spell immigrant.
bahahahaha!
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-28-2010, 6:07 PM Reply   
Wow, the difference is political views between ww.com and wb.com is comical
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-28-2010, 6:38 PM Reply   
if I am not mistaken, the 14th amendment had something to do with the civil rights act of 1866 or something. it was more about granting rights to those who were slaves, and their offspring.
like the bible, the amendments can be interpreted quite differently by those who read it.

I agree that constitutional rights should be applied to citizens only.

as far as the welfare goes, it only takes one citizen per household to be eligible for welfare. an immigrant from mexico can walk across the border and give birth to a new child, and now be eligible for welfare because their child is a "citizen". that is one of the things that is helping to cripple our economy.
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       04-28-2010, 7:17 PM Reply   
Adam, I was thinking the same thing.

Fck San Fran, I am so sick of the political bs that comes out of that town. Props to Arizona
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-28-2010, 7:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrigo View Post
as far as the welfare goes, it only takes one citizen per household to be eligible for welfare. an immigrant from mexico can walk across the border and give birth to a new child, and now be eligible for welfare because their child is a "citizen". that is one of the things that is helping to cripple our economy.
actually, the child born here would get the benefits since the child would be a citizen. the parent(s) on the other hand, can be deported. (technically speaking of course)

Last edited by dakid; 04-28-2010 at 7:37 PM.
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-28-2010, 7:39 PM Reply   
Man reading your response Wes made me check all the spelling in my post. Im glad I got it right! I like it here. LOL
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-28-2010, 8:00 PM Reply   
This thread reminds me of this little gem:

The other day, I needed to go to the emergency room. Not wanting to sit there for 4 hours, I put on my old Army fatigues and stuck a patch onto the front of my shirt that I had downloaded off the Internet.

When I went into the E.R., I noticed that 3/4 of the people got up and left. I guess they decided that they weren’t that sick after all. Cut at least 3 hours off my waiting time.

Here’s the patch. Feel free to use it the next time you’re in need of quicker emergency service.

It also works at DMV and the Laundromat.

Don’t try it at McDonald’s, the whole crew will exit and you’ll never get your order.
Attached Images

Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-28-2010, 8:00 PM Reply   
"(technically speaking of course)"

haha. perfectly sums up cali's welfare program. the parents "should" be deported, but "rights" groups say it is not humane to separate a parent from their child. which is why the child should go with the parent! and sadly, the churches get involved and start harboring the illegals, and the feds won't do anything about it.
ugh.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-28-2010, 8:43 PM Reply   
I can't wait for California to break off and fall into the ocean.
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       04-28-2010, 8:52 PM Reply   
Sean, That's hilarious
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       04-28-2010, 9:24 PM Reply   
Old     (yorwakebordfrend)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-28-2010, 9:59 PM Reply   
this is WAKE world not immigration world hahah
Old     (t0nyv831)      Join Date: Jun 2008       04-28-2010, 10:07 PM Reply   
That crayons pic pretty much sums it up....LMAO..
AZ won't racially profile, they'll just look at what shoes you wear...
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-28-2010, 10:12 PM Reply   
"Obama is just upset he too is an immagrant."

Really? You still believe this?

The law needs to be modified. EVERYONE should have to prove they are citizens or are lawfully in the country. What if someone from the Russian Mafia is in Phoenix illegally? He gets a pass just because he is white? See how messed up this bill is? I expect AZ to get sued and this law will either be modified or scrapped. This law shows that we haven't come much further as a country since the days of the Equal Rights Movement.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-28-2010, 10:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by yorwakebordfrend View Post
this is WAKE world not immigration world hahah
and you're in a non-wakeboarding discussion forum.
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-28-2010, 10:19 PM Reply   
It's not racial profiling. It's called enforcing the law. California is broke anyway.
Old     (skull)      Join Date: May 2002       04-29-2010, 6:22 AM Reply   
I am sure AZ is verrrryyyyyy worried about the boycott. LOL I am more likely to visit AZ now... I'll pay more for my lettuce, screw the illegals. Lot's of people in Haiti, Russia, Africa would like to come here but they don't have the geographical advantage of our "friends" to the south. So, the mexicans shoot their finger at our laws, don't respect our language and cut in line. Deport them all. When was the last time you saw a legal immigrant from Nigeria that didn't speak a lick of English? Yea, me either....
Old     (adam4x4)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-29-2010, 7:07 AM Reply   
I think that I'm going to go to Havasu this weekend now!!!!
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-29-2010, 7:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
"Obama is just upset he too is an immagrant."

Really? You still believe this?

The law needs to be modified. EVERYONE should have to prove they are citizens or are lawfully in the country. What if someone from the Russian Mafia is in Phoenix illegally? He gets a pass just because he is white? See how messed up this bill is? I expect AZ to get sued and this law will either be modified or scrapped. This law shows that we haven't come much further as a country since the days of the Equal Rights Movement.
Since you brought it up, show me the part in the bill that states only mexicans have to prove their citizenship.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-29-2010, 7:35 AM Reply   
This idea is really going to put a dent in the number of how many extra votes the Dems will get when they grant Amnesty to all illegals
Old     (skull)      Join Date: May 2002       04-29-2010, 7:50 AM Reply   
So, is it racial profiling to pull over an Chevy S10 with 18 olive skinned dudes in the bed and another 5 in the cab?? The other day I was driving down 635 and saw 7 mexicans inside the cab of a extended-cab small truck... tried to take a picture of it. LOL
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-29-2010, 8:26 AM Reply   
Paul, wake up man. I think something needs to be done about the immigration issue, but this isn't the way to go about it. Basically, the bill leaves police officers to be the judge and jury.
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-29-2010, 8:36 AM Reply   
Not taking sides yet, but can someone tell me what kind of ID they are asking for? I have searched the net and haven't come up with a clear answer. Do they suggest you walk around with your social secuity card or passport? To be honest, I don't even know what document proves I am a citizen, I have many.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-29-2010, 9:18 AM Reply   
A drivers licence.

Thats what I thought Jeremy. Your just making crap up. So the illegal Russian mafia member gets pulled over. Can't provide documentation. Gets arrested, no defense can be mounted, he goes home.

The illegal Mexican gets pulled over. Can't provide documentation. Gets arrested, no defense can be mounted, he goes home.

You get pulled over, and they find 10 pounds of blow in your trunk. You get arrested, little defense can be mounted, you go to jail.

They are no more judge and jury than they already are.
Old     (dh03r6)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-29-2010, 9:26 AM Reply   
Can we stop F ing around with this crap. Give All illegals full citizenship or round them all up and ship them back, whats the point of this half a$$ handling of it.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-29-2010, 9:28 AM Reply   
How is a Driver's License proof of Citizenship? I had one for ~20 years before I was naturalized (same for my parents and wife). Same for SSN.

I do have Proof of Citizenship via US Passport and US Citizen Certificate. Kinda funny, when you get naturalized you end up with more proof of US citizenship than legacy citizens have.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-29-2010, 9:38 AM Reply   
It would be the first red flag. Where you here illegally? I think its difficult to get one if you are.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-29-2010, 9:59 AM Reply   
I believe some states don't require much more than some other form of I.D. to get a drivers license... so getting a I.D. wouldn't be all that much trouble, worst case scenario is an illegal would have to cross some state boarder and get a different state's I.D.... go back to where-ever and work.

and my guess is states where you either need an old I.D. from that state and/or a SSN people could get a fake I.D. and slip right through with a now legit one... anyone who has been in college knows how easy getting a fake is.... and EVERY DMV I've been to glaces at my stuff, takes the pic, new ID in like 5 min.... then again I'm pretty darn white
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-29-2010, 10:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
I believe some states don't require much more than some other form of I.D. to get a drivers license... so getting a I.D. wouldn't be all that much trouble, worst case scenario is an illegal would have to cross some state boarder and get a different state's I.D.... go back to where-ever and work.

and my guess is states where you either need an old I.D. from that state and/or a SSN people could get a fake I.D. and slip right through with a now legit one... anyone who has been in college knows how easy getting a fake is.... and EVERY DMV I've been to glaces at my stuff, takes the pic, new ID in like 5 min.... then again I'm pretty darn white
What state doesn't require a former actual DL, or a birth certificate to get a new DL? And I think it's a lot different to give your fake to a bouncer at the club as opposed to the cop that just pulled you over, in the car where the plates don't match. Is it easy to get a fake? Yes. It's also easy to get caught with one these days.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-29-2010, 10:57 AM Reply   
^especially if this is the one you give them

Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-29-2010, 11:00 AM Reply   
This is embarrassing to CA. I hope Arizonans know that most of us here in CA think this is B.S. and is being pushed by a few whacko extremists. I don't think even the majority of those that are particularly against Arizona's proposed policies support some stupid boycott.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-29-2010, 11:20 AM Reply   
http://edgeofsports.com/2010-04-24-521/index.html

My roommate turned me on to Dave Zirin. He's a sports writer and he makes a pretty good point. The last paragraph is rather poignant.

I'm all for removal of illegal workers, its just, how does one identify them on the street? Contrary to what you folks said, its not just about providing ID when stopped by a peace officer. The bill "Authorizes law enforcement officers to arrest an individual without a warrant if they have probable cause to believe the individual has committed any public offense that makes him/her removable from the U.S.", which basically says, if they have probable cause to suspect you are illegal, they can arrest you. They already arrested one guy that showed his DL and provided his SSN. How is that fair for a citizen? I'd be pissed.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-29-2010, 11:45 AM Reply   
My company landed a job with the City of San Francisco recently. Apparently one of the requirements to do business with the City is that your company must extend benefits to same-sex partners. We don't yet, but found some loophole or something that allowed us to proceed anyway.

It's so obvious why Cali is broke.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-29-2010, 11:51 AM Reply   
"They already arrested one guy that showed his DL and provided his SSN. How is that fair for a citizen? I'd be pissed. "

Link to guy that was arrested?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-29-2010, 11:52 AM Reply   
What I am saying is someone can get a fake.... all their legit info, but a fake ID non-the-less.... take that to the DMV and use it to get a legit one. In Wisco and Florida I hand it to them, they look it over, ask for any changes - when have you had the DMV check your current license for being fake???? me = never.

But using a fake to get a real one is what I am talking about, not just having a fake all the time
Old     (amo)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-29-2010, 12:05 PM Reply   
i was watching Fox Business the other day and Cavuto had this Cali state rep on the program. After listening to this guy, it's a no wonder Cali is broke. The last thing I want to hear as an Arizonan is some Cali state rep trying to tell us how to run OUR state. I wanted to throw a shoe at the TV.

Funny enough, I was born and raised in Cali. Been in AZ for 9 years now, and when I go back to Cali, I don't recognize it anymore. SAD.
Old     (PictureMeRollin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-29-2010, 12:13 PM Reply   
The sad fact is the majority of people on this forum are fairly affluent since we all have money to blow on boats and other toys. (me included) The people targeted by this law mostly don't have a penny to their name and come from a life that is so hard that we cannot imagine it in our worst dreams.

We are all human and share the same fate, no matter who we are. I never understood how a 200 year old piece of paper gives me a right to be on this piece of earth more than the next man because I had no control over where and when I was born.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-29-2010, 12:16 PM Reply   
Paul, here ya go. He was detained and transported to an immigration facility. When his wife was contacted she had to come to the facility to show her husbands birth certificate. As a US citizen, that is BS!

http://www.azfamily.com/news/91769419.html
Old     (PictureMeRollin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-29-2010, 12:19 PM Reply   
Can you clarify what is so obvious cuz I don't see a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trace View Post
My company landed a job with the City of San Francisco recently. Apparently one of the requirements to do business with the City is that your company must extend benefits to same-sex partners. We don't yet, but found some loophole or something that allowed us to proceed anyway.

It's so obvious why Cali is broke.
Old     (azsufer)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-29-2010, 12:26 PM Reply   
Being from Arizona, I am a real big fan of this bill being passed. Mind you I am for this bill and for what it can do for all illegal immigrants in this country. Hispanic, Asian, European, etc...

Big wigs like Shakira plan on pleading their case here at the State Capital. Same with other hispanic groups and their leaders that are traveling here from out of state to "petitiion" this bill. You all do not understand unless you live here!!!

Spend six months in Phoenix, Tucson, Yuma, etc...and YOU WILL see that our country is being infiltrated by men and woman who are not here legally. Not only do they take jobs from American Citizens, but they are committing crimes against fellow Americans.

Did anyone read the story about the Border Patrol Agent in So. California that was shot multiple times in the head and torso?!

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...gent-shot.html

The President of my office is Hispanic with a Bachelors degree in Engineering. He speaks fluent English and went through the proper channels to become a citizen of the United States. In fact, many hispanics here in Arizona and other parts of the country have done the same. Many have which also served in the Military, I applaud those men and woman. Why doesn't the media interview these people and get their opinion on how illegal immigrants should be dealt with...i will tell you, they are FOR this bill and they are against illegals coming in to this country and taking the easy way out.

Last edited by azsufer; 04-29-2010 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-29-2010, 12:27 PM Reply   
I love what Arizona is doing. It's time for other states to follow suit. America has gone soft.
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       04-29-2010, 12:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by PictureMeRollin View Post
We are all human and share the same fate, no matter who we are. I never understood how a 200 year old piece of paper gives me a right to be on this piece of earth more than the next man because I had no control over where and when I was born.
Ya we should open our borders completely and further undermine our national security. Take a step out of looney town aka San Fran, live in a border city and tell me you want millions more illegals on the streets and see what happens to crime rates, unemployment, ER rooms,education, etc.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-29-2010, 12:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
The sad fact is the majority of people on this forum are fairly affluent since we all have money to blow on boats and other toys. (me included) The people targeted by this law mostly don't have a penny to their name and come from a life that is so hard that we cannot imagine it in our worst dreams.

lmfao. You have no control over where you were born, does that give you a right to go anywhere you please.

"nothing to do with the proposed bill or racial profiling"

PROPOSED bill. This happened before it was even signed.

Last edited by psudy; 04-29-2010 at 1:04 PM. Reason: To add
Old     (PictureMeRollin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-29-2010, 1:14 PM Reply   
It does not give me a right to go anywhere I please, but my good luck does not entitle me to anything more than the next man, that is my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
lmfao. You have no control over where you were born, does that give you a right to go anywhere you please.

"nothing to do with the proposed bill or racial profiling"

PROPOSED bill. This happened before it was even signed.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-29-2010, 1:21 PM Reply   
Who is entitled to break the law.
Old     (PictureMeRollin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-29-2010, 1:45 PM Reply   
Who is entitled to a free pass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
Who is entitled to break the law.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-29-2010, 1:48 PM Reply   
Exactly. No one.
Old     (PictureMeRollin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-29-2010, 2:01 PM Reply   
So following that logic, I believe we're all on the same boat..
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       04-29-2010, 2:06 PM Reply   
I will leave this up to the LEGAL Residents of Arizona to decide, it is NONE OF MY BUSINESS what Arizona wants to pass or not pass being I live in Texas.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-29-2010, 2:07 PM Reply   
Are you not saying illegals have just as much right to be here as we do? If your not, I need a drink because I am not tracking well!
Old     (mike_gilbert)      Join Date: Sep 2004       04-29-2010, 2:10 PM Reply   
Colin P it does not surprise me one bit your from SF, don't you have a meatless monday coming up here in a few days you need to prepare for?

Guess what as much as it sucks, life is not fair, I see a lot of nice yachts everyday in Marina del Rey, by Colin's logic I can just break into one and start eating and drinking and partying on it because I cant help the fact that I was born into a family that cant afford a $10+ million yacht.
Old     (PictureMeRollin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-29-2010, 2:20 PM Reply   
Yes, I'll say it again, my good luck does not entitle me to anything more than the next man. In the words of Eric B and Rakim, “It ain’t where you’re from. It’s where you’re at.”
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-29-2010, 2:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yes, I'll say it again, my good luck does not entitle me to anything more than the next man. In the words of Eric B and Rakim, “It ain’t where you’re from. It’s where you’re at.”
What about your hard work? Does that entitle you to more than the next man? If it doesn't you should probably consider moving to a completely socialist or communist country. If our country ever gets to that point where everyone is equal I am moving the F out of here.
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       04-29-2010, 2:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Illegal immigrants plan to leave over Ariz. law
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100428/...tion_day_labor

The new law is already working and the law has yet to take effect. Si Se Puede! Don't let the door hit you on the way out

Hopefully they decide Mexico/Texas/New Mexico etc over California, although get ready Colin, they may just come to your cities "sanctuary." Be careful what you wish for
Old     (dstockton)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-29-2010, 2:49 PM Reply   
good for az. It's about time somebody woke up.I've been a contractor in cali for over 25 years and most people don't understand what illegals have done to the trades. I'm just glad some people want to deal with someone who speaks english.
Old     (PictureMeRollin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-29-2010, 3:12 PM Reply   
Of course it does! Unfortunately it entitles me to more taxes too

Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
What about your hard work? Does that entitle you to more than the next man?...
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-29-2010, 4:06 PM Reply   
Everything is perfect in Paul's world.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-29-2010, 4:54 PM Reply   
the city that I grew up in has changed dramatically. It has a different demographic. Its culture and crime rate are different. It is very very sad!
I am in favor of this law. Irving had a policy that if you were stopped or arrested on an unrelated charge, but found to be illegal, immigration was called. The majority of hispanics pulled their kids out of school, protested, and asked for boycotts. Immigration was called so often, that they told the mayor not to call anymore!
Cities are being over run. The business culture is changing. Hard working business owners are being forced to change, or move. The customer base is moving further north, or to richer areas. It's crap!

The state has a duty to protect it's CITIZENS.
I hope that Texas follows suit.
A "real" President would have worded his protest a bit more carefully. Instead, he might have just given his approval for an all out race war. But then again, we could all sit down and have a beer together.....

I understand where banning racial profiling came from, but lets face some facts. If there are 20 80 year old white grandmother types standing in line to board a plane, and only 1 20 year old middle eastern man wearing a "head wrap", what person in their right mind would screen some of the grandmothers and not the man! It makes no sense! Political correctness has gone to far. It's sad, but it's also the world that we live in......for now...
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-29-2010, 5:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Can you clarify what is so obvious cuz I don't see a problem.
Not sure I understand what you're driving at. You don't see why these sorts of political maneuvers cause things to cost more?
Old    deltahoosier            04-29-2010, 6:07 PM Reply   
I love the ol "why should I get special favor based on where I was born" self loathing angle. Clearly a point of view with no reality base.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-29-2010, 6:16 PM Reply   
Why not crack down on the businesses that hire illegal employees. Arent they just as much to blame? Every business is always trying to look for cheap labor and its the illegals that fill this void.v Everyone seems to forget that fact.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-29-2010, 6:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
good for az. It's about time somebody woke up.I've been a contractor in cali for over 25 years and most people don't understand what illegals have done to the trades. I'm just glad some people want to deal with someone who speaks english.
Dan are you saying you have never hired illegal workers in your line of work? If so, thats a first!
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-29-2010, 7:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce_bronkite View Post
Why not crack down on the businesses that hire illegal employees. Arent they just as much to blame? Every business is always trying to look for cheap labor and its the illegals that fill this void.v Everyone seems to forget that fact.
I dont think anyone forgets that fact pierce. it is pretty much the reason we are now at this point, and AZ is stepping up to the plate. the feds have been dragging their feet on immigration control for years and by AZ doing this, it is forcing the feds to do something. since a class action lawsuit against the feds is pretty much impossible, this is the next best thing.
Old     (dstockton)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-29-2010, 7:53 PM Reply   
Matt, thats what I'm saying.I hire guys my daughters know and some legal alchoholics.
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-29-2010, 9:47 PM Reply   
No, Matt, because the illegals who are causing most of the problems don't have a job anyway, so just punishing business owners will do little good.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       04-29-2010, 10:33 PM Reply   
Leviticus 19:33-34 (NIV)
"When an alien lives with you in your land, do not mistreat him. The alien living with you must be treated as one of your native-born. Love him as yourself, for you were aliens in Egypt. I am the LORD your God."
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-30-2010, 6:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Everything is perfect in Paul's world.
Coming from you Jeremy, I will take that as a compliment.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-30-2010, 6:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce_bronkite View Post
There is language in the bill that allows just that.
Old     (Matt)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-30-2010, 7:12 AM Reply   
Are you guys F***ing serious? I feel Arizona is holding to the torch leading the way back to America, The way my fore fathers intended it to be... Did they give a SH*T about equal rights when we took texas back from the Mexicans? Hell no we scared them away...

We are being defeated by one of the poorest and least sofisticated countries on the world. Infiltrated because of you Liberal fuqs that are so afraid to do the right thing in fear of offending anyone...

I pay my taxes, I have an ID, I have a passport, I have a SS card, I have my legal Birth certificate, If I am asked to carry it all everywhere I go, I will do so just to prove my right to be in this country

I would also take an increase in taxes this year and maybe next to pay for the deportion of a majority of the illegals that are clogging up our system & ruining our Country..
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-30-2010, 7:35 AM Reply   
I guess we need to remove this message from the Statue of Liberty:

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free."

Matt, I think you are way off base speaking about your "fore fathers". Our fore fathers would have encouraged "illegal immigration" as most of the legal citizens of America were removed from their land and sent to Oklahoma and Kansas during those times.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-30-2010, 7:39 AM Reply   
Are you that dumb? They sure as hell didn't mean so they could come here illegally and stay. They can come here and become citizens.