Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old     (gvb)      Join Date: May 2003       07-09-2003, 6:16 PM Reply   
I need to get an anchor system tomorrow before going out to the river this weekend. When hanging out at a sandbar I had previously just beached it, but with wind and river currents, I am worried about the boat bouncing up and down on the rudder/prop/strut, etc...

What is the best way to go in order to hold my ProStar 190 in place in the consantly fast flowing Colorado river?

Not really sure what kind of anchor to get.. I see a "River Anchor" on BoatUS.com. I was also thinking of going with the Anchor Buddy, but not sure if the river current would stretch the anchor buddy out all the way.

-gvb
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       07-09-2003, 7:50 PM Reply   
After seeing a box anchor, I would personally have a hard time going back to a Danforth. Problem is they are around $100.00 and hard to find. If you do go with a fluked type anchor, the most important thing is to set it properly.
Old     (gvb)      Join Date: May 2003       07-09-2003, 8:00 PM Reply   
You think something like this would hold up to the currents? 19ft MasterCraft.

http://www.boatus-store.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=20002&langId=-1&catalogId=20002&productId=101484&categoryId=212& subdeptNum=11206&storeNum=5&classNum=212
Old    jiving            07-09-2003, 11:24 PM Reply   
Digger!
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       07-10-2003, 7:00 AM Reply   
Box anchors rule, I have never had mine slip an inch. We tied up over the 4th with 4 boats, one of them being a large pontoon boat. It held all day, even with some pretty good winds. Well worth the extra money!