Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       03-13-2009, 8:49 AM Reply   
So I have a Sony Marine Deck CDX-R30M and I just got a clarion EQ746. I want to install my EQ but I am a little lost.

I am pretty savvy when it comes to audio install as I have installed all of my stuff in the past but this whole EQ thing has me lost. My Deck has 2 audio outs and a BUS in. Right now I have two amps, one running my towers and one running my subs, those are both connected to my audio in. I know that those sets of RCA's are going to go into my EQ, but how do I hook up my HU to my EQ? That is the only thing that has me distraught. My interiors, unfortunately, are running off of my HU and are not amped so am I going to need to rewire all of my interiors, or is the EQ going to bypass my HU once installed and be able to control my interiors as well?

Thanks for all of your inputs in advance guys and just for reference, this is the manual to my HU.

http://www.xplodsony.com/files/manuals/CDX-R30M_Install_Manual.pdf
Old     (chargedfe)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-13-2009, 9:20 AM Reply   
If I'm reading your post correctly all you need to do is run an RCA out of your Sony H.U. to the input side of the EQ. As far as the interior speakers as long as they are still being powered off the deck they will continue to be controlled by it not the EQ.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       03-13-2009, 9:47 AM Reply   
Yes, you are reading my post correctly and I thought that that was all that I had to do...but whilst reading the install manual of the EQ and my HU I might have become a little bit confused. The EQ has 3 outs, one will not be used, the other will be used for my subs and one for my towers. Then, it has two ins - a main in and an aux in. I wanted to use the aux for an ipod, and the main in is designated for my HU. If that is the case, where do the RCA's plug into my HU which run into the main in on the EQ? That is my only question to tell you the truth. Do they come out of an Out on the HU to the main in on the EQ or from the BUS in to the main in, which doesnt make sense to me...I am probably confusing the heck out of myself but if someone can answer that one measly question I would be set!

How do I run Main RCA's from HU to EQ - Which inputs/outups! Thanks!
Old     (salty87)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-13-2009, 9:52 AM Reply   
you've got rca's running from the hu to your amps? you'll need to switch those rca's to the eq. that should leave a main output from the hu...hu 'out' to eq 'in'
Old     (chargedfe)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-13-2009, 10:12 AM Reply   
Lets say your deck has Two RCA (preoutputs) a front and a rear. Use only one of them and that will connect to the main RCA (input) at the EQ. The only problem I think your going to have is if you use the aux Input at the eq for an ipod It's only going to play through your amps..not the head unit. So if you have another input on your sony deck use it for the ipod.}
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-13-2009, 11:05 AM Reply   
Eder, I know you don't want to hear this, but just return the EQ to the store and enjoy your HSE. In a boating environment, the EQ in your HU is good enough. Just my $0.02:-)

BTW, your HSE won't work with your speakers that are wired to the HU. You need to run all speakers from an amp.

(Message edited by tuneman on March 13, 2009)
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-13-2009, 11:44 AM Reply   
i'd amp your inboats and keep your eq. having independent control over your tower speakers is invaluable imo. sure you could do it cheaper, use your fader on the deck maybe, buy a pac lc1, maybe you even have a non-fade pre-out for sub off the HU. i'd do it right though, amp your inboats and run 4 sets of rca's over to the eq and call it day. just my opinion.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       03-13-2009, 11:58 AM Reply   
Chad the thing is if I don't have an EQ the HSE will only be able to turn down one input at a time, be it my head unit (interior speakers), my tower or my sub, so by installing an Eq the HSE will turn down everything and turn it up accordingly..

By the way, I wrote you an email chad!

I think I got how to do it, just gotta wait to get the boat out and its project time, any more input, good or bad, on running an EQ on my boat and more specifically the HSE I am all ears!
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-13-2009, 2:25 PM Reply   
If the HSE is controlling tower and sub, then that is really your main concern, isn't it? The boat interior speakers aren't nearly as loud and are still at your fingertips if you need to adjust. I think you're gonna be just fine.

I bought a 5-ch amp to power all my new stuff!

Hope the EQ works great for ya Eder! And the HSE will bring your pimpin game to a new level.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       03-13-2009, 2:33 PM Reply   
Hahaha, thanks Mike! I am actually looking at getting another amp, ill be running a threesome..MMmMmmM and amping my interiors as well...why not?! Let me know if you need any help with your junk brother!