Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old     (dgarland0)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-12-2007, 6:51 PM Reply   
The foam on my boat/trailer guide pads is shot. Was won dering if you might know where I can buy new foam to go over 2" PVC. I went to Home Depot tonight, but they had nothing close. Also, anyone know a place to just get new ones. I prefer new foam as it would be far cheaper.

dg
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-12-2007, 7:06 PM Reply   
I caught a group buy from Wicked Wakes.
Old     (big_b_21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-12-2007, 7:19 PM Reply   
Most of the dealers want the added advertisement. I would hit up your dealer or Calabria.
Old     (lakeski)      Join Date: Dec 2006       11-12-2007, 7:41 PM Reply   
You're looking for pipe insulation. They may not stock it at Home Depots in Arizona, but you can find it for a couple of bucks at any home improvement store in the north. Maybe HD would order it for you.
Old     (dgarland0)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-12-2007, 8:46 PM Reply   
yeah, home depot had some just no where big enough. You think a plumbing place might have it?

dg
Old     (04outback)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-13-2007, 8:35 AM Reply   
If you want a good deal on nicer covered pads, go to ebay and search trailer guide pads I bought a set from this guy last year... Nice for the money and cheaper than what I found from dealer/mfg...
BW
Old     (cadesun)      Join Date: May 2007 Location: Chicago       11-13-2007, 11:01 AM Reply   
I have been looking for some as well. Which ebay seller did you buy from? My marina wants $50/pair to advertise their business! Rip off if you ask me.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-13-2007, 11:37 AM Reply   
I became tired of having to replace these pads every year. Instead of replacing them again, I decided to make a more durable guide cover.

I bought 3" PVC pipe, capped it, painted it black, and then covered it with black carpet. I used Gorilla glue to keep the carpet on the PVC. The total cost was around $30. They have lasted the last 2 years and are still going strong. The 3" pipe rolls when the boat's rub rail hits it, so no damage is done to the rub rail or the guides what so ever.

Here's a pic (kind of hard to see, but you get the idea):
Upload
Old     (04outback)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-13-2007, 11:44 AM Reply   
Cade
check here:
http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmarinextreme
They held up pretty good for the year I had them.