Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old    walt            03-21-2006, 6:25 PM Reply   
Anyone have a recommendation for a Sanger V210 cover ?
I have one but it's not going to fit when I put the tower on.

I see Proflight sells them but I've never seen one in person so I don't know what the quality is like.
I'm guessing a really good one goes for about six hundy ?
Old     (sherman)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-21-2006, 6:42 PM Reply   
walt give me a call 925-382-7188

scott
Old     (sangerlover)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-21-2006, 7:36 PM Reply   
I was looking for a trailerable cover but found they were way too much money. The quality covers were in the $800 to 900 range.
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-21-2006, 7:41 PM Reply   
Look in the yellow pages. My ex paid $100 for a canvas company to take her cover, and cut holes in it, sew new seams, and make it fit around her tower. Cheaper than a new cover, especially if the one you have is in good shape.

Also, getting a new one, will be hard. You may not be able to find one that has holes where your tower legs are....

(Message edited by boarder_x on March 21, 2006)
Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-21-2006, 9:26 PM Reply   
Walt, I know someone in Sacramento that does alterations on covers. They could easily fix your cover to work with the new tower. Let me know (PM) if you want to go that route.
Old    walt            03-22-2006, 4:39 AM Reply   
My cower is in really good shape but it's the kind that goes over the swim platform too and I don't like that so I'm going to go with a new one.
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-22-2006, 8:54 AM Reply   
Walt, two options for you. Bimini Isle in Tracy, and also I will check when I get home, but the stock cover that came with the boat, they also make them in sunbrella.

I got a new cover from Bimini Isle that covers the tower when folded, not for trailering but works great.
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       03-22-2006, 10:16 AM Reply   
We had a snap cover installed on our Sanger V210 for about $500. It fits great around the tower. In the winter we leave the bow cover snaped in place to keep it warmer inside the boat.

(Message edited by malibu on March 22, 2006)
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-22-2006, 10:22 AM Reply   
I had a custom cover made for my boat by Better Boat Covers in Sacramento. Steve's work is excellent and I am very happy with my cover. He added this great rubber material on the inside of the cover for the areas that contacted the boat. I actually had the cover made to go over my tower because at one time I was storing my boat outside. I have no idea why it was so cheap, but the over the tower cover (that goes all the way down the side of my boat to the bottom edge to protect from sun damage) was only $600. I imagine a regular cover would be cheaper. Give Steve Heredia a call for a quote 916.421.1819.
Old    walt            03-22-2006, 2:36 PM Reply   
Thanks guys !
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       03-23-2006, 6:24 PM Reply   
Steve closed and moved to Florida. I am real good friends with him. If you call his old # you'll reach Jose from Gonzales upholstry. He does nice owrk but not nearly what steve did. Acme Tops & Tunes modified my sanger cover to fit my proflight tower and I tow with it @ 70mph all the time. Cost me $150. If you go ther ask for Rene and tell him Rick sent you.
Rick
Old     (Ibewebbman)      Join Date: Apr 2011       04-27-2011, 6:25 PM Reply   
Old thread, first post...anyone have any suggestions for a custom cover in Sacramento? I have a v210 that I need to get a cover made that goes over the tower since it sits in a slip part of the year. Thanks in advance!