Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 21, 2005

Old    julian_1            07-05-2005, 5:02 PM Reply   
im trying to decide between two boards - the HL Murray and Premier. I've been on both of the 04 models, but I couldn't tell if the Premier felt more stable due to the fact that it was a 141 as opposed to the 138 Murray. How big a difference does length make? What about DNA/Biolite? I've read DNA is about a pound lighter, but unnoticable to beginners/intermediates. I'm about a beg/intermeciate.

Thanks
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-05-2005, 5:05 PM Reply   
For a beginner, I would recommend the Murray. It will be a lot more forgiving.

True on the DNA thing. Also the DNA is supposed to be less durable.
Old    julian_1            07-05-2005, 5:52 PM Reply   
thanks for the response. how much do any of these things actually factor in (tip width, length, rocker)? Which impacts the ride the most?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-05-2005, 8:49 PM Reply   
IMO...For a fairly new rider the factors that are less favorable on the premier are the big rocker, the long/deep molded fins, and the cupped rails. The extra width at the tip and tail of the Premier puts more edge in the water which makes the board ride tighter/grippier. A good middle of the road board would be the Era if you are stuck on Hyperlite.

The Premier isn't a bad board for you it's just less forgiving. And this is just my opinion. You could end up loving it.
Old     (raketball)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-05-2005, 9:18 PM Reply   
I started out on a Vero last year and upgraded to a 141 Premier this year. It took me a little while to used to it and now I love it. I think J-Rod is probably correct with the Era recommendation for a middle of the road board if you want a Hyperlite. Don't be afraid to demo other brands (if you have access to demos).
Old    julian_1            07-06-2005, 8:49 AM Reply   
thanks. only reason i'm stuck on hyperlite is that ive got a friend that can get them for me real cheap.

im trying to find demo shops, but not having much luck. anyone know of any in the sf/bay area or near the sacramento delta?
Old     (raketball)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-06-2005, 10:41 AM Reply   
Ski World in Castro Valley has a good selection of demos and their service is great. I would recommend going there if you are ever in the area.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-06-2005, 11:22 AM Reply   
Good call. Ski World does have awesome service and a great selection. If something breaks, they will get your warranty taken care of quick.