Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through September 24, 2004

Old    dabigkahuna            09-20-2004, 2:32 AM Reply   
I've been hearing and seeing a lot of Tige' lately. Are they good boats?

The Convex hull and TAPS2 system looks pretty sweet. And they have an awsome lifetime warranty on their hulls.

Are the wakes any good?
Old    vern            09-20-2004, 10:18 AM Reply   
From what I can tell the newer models are a lot better than the old ones. People on here seem to have a strong feeling about the boat, either it's good, or it sucks. I personally really like the looks and layout of the boat. That to me is going to be (brace yourself) more important than just the wake. I'm sure the wakes are quite nice behind any boat geared fro wakeboarding, and that with the right weight it can be made awsome. But the size and interior storage are all things that would seem to be a huge benefit. I say take a look at them. Can't hurt.
Old     (fogey)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-20-2004, 11:59 AM Reply   
Wake size and shape are matters of personal preference, and they are highly dependent on ballast amount and placement. How about testing one and telling us what YOU think of it?

(Message edited by fogey on September 20, 2004)
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-20-2004, 12:16 PM Reply   
Alan,

A search will yield much information on the topic. Sometimes it has gotten lively. I love my 2005 24V and also enjoyed my 2002 21V. The older boats had some difficulty with wash on top of the wake when heavily weighted. With no ballast, my 21V wake was the best unweighted wake I have yet to see. Persons with good technique could go very big off of it. If I weighted it, it got even bigger, but I had to do it properly.

I think you need to test drive, test drive, test drive. Find a good dealer to work with. There are many good boats out there, and a good or bad dealer will change the way you perceive your boat.

I do beleive the TAPS system and Convex hull to be the best design for me and my boating needs - It has a great wakeboard wake and handles rough water at higher speeds than without the TAPS. Many other boats have a wakeplate that also helps but the Tige hull is different in shape that complements the plate better.

(Message edited by talltigeguy on September 20, 2004)