Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old    papata            07-21-2004, 5:05 PM Reply   
Currently trying to decide between a few different speaker setups. The amp will be a Kicker KX800.4.

The choices
CDT audio CL-61a's for 150 at thezeb.com
MB Quartz DKE 116 6.5" coaxial component set 79.99 @ ikesound.com
MB Quartz REFERENCE rce 216 160 @ ikesound.com
Infinity Kappa coax components (price unknown)
Koda 6" midbass (80$ each)so $320 total

each setup will consist of 2 pairs so double the price on everything except the koda's.

All of the mids will be going into custom sized cans sized specifically for the woofer itself. The koda's may be ported which will allow them to drop lower than being sealed.

Now, with the MB quartz supposedly having a harsh tweeter, how much will that effect the riders in the boat? also, the Koda's will not be having tweets, as those will raise cost w/ a custom x-over design up into the 800$ range.

Which option would you choose to send out the best sound to the wakeboarder, while keeping the riders of the boat from using ear plugs?

Also, the tower will be a monster tower, on a VIP boat.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-21-2004, 5:48 PM Reply   
Ty Bite the bullet and get NVS Tower speakers http://nvs1.net/ These are the best sounding speakers for the rider and you don't need ear plugs in the boat.
Old    papata            07-21-2004, 6:15 PM Reply   
umm 900$ is like 3x more than anything i listed, bit out of my range
Old     (jnewcom)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-21-2004, 6:57 PM Reply   
I have the Boss B-530's and a pair of B-70's. I like the setup alot. If I had to do it over I would just get the 530's, they're very loud. By the way, I'm running just one 800 watt amp to both sets.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-21-2004, 10:22 PM Reply   
If you can't afford NVS the Evids are much better than any car stereo derivative. Check www.audioallies.com $338 for the speaks plus another $32 for the clamps from Raul at Precision Metal Works. I use a Blaupunkt PA2150, 400+ watts in mono, available from e-bay for $100. It will be the best sub $500 speaker system you will ever hear.
Old    papata            07-22-2004, 12:03 PM Reply   
I think im gonna go with the evids now, but im gonna need the brackets. It would be great if you could let me know how to get in contact with Raul
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-22-2004, 12:20 PM Reply   
get the JL Audio TX650-CX's...I swear by these speakers for a Tower system. You should be able to get them for $125/pr
I speak from years of experience on this, they sound great, need very little if any tweaking, can take lots of watts but don't need alot to get loud, but still remain very clear. anyone that has ever heard my boat is amazed! Click here...
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-22-2004, 12:24 PM Reply   
Here is Raul's e-mail:
camacho6592000@yahoo.com
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-22-2004, 12:33 PM Reply   
I finally found the link to Raul's e-bay store, nice cans too:
http://stores.ebay.com/Precision-Metal-Works
Old    papata            07-22-2004, 3:43 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the info