Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (rplogue7)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-01-2013, 2:52 PM Reply   
Here it is guys, I know haha I'm horrible at spinning. I can spin a 180 I just didn't put it in the edit.

Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       08-01-2013, 2:58 PM Reply   
We gotta hook your drivers up with a No Power Turns shirt!! Don't be a HS hero, nice edit and tantrums and crow. Show off the rest of your toeside and switch!
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       08-01-2013, 4:12 PM Reply   
Hey man, thanks for posting, I like when people post up videos, gives me something new to watch! If I may suggest one thing though, shorten up your line a bit, it looked like you are really struggling to make it w2w and especially with your tantrum and crow. 5 feet of rope will make a huge difference and could help with those spins by reducing how hard you have to work because of cut speed and line tension.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-01-2013, 5:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_Hooke102 View Post
Hey man, thanks for posting, I like when people post up videos, gives me something new to watch! If I may suggest one thing though, shorten up your line a bit, it looked like you are really struggling to make it w2w and especially with your tantrum and crow. 5 feet of rope will make a huge difference and could help with those spins by reducing how hard you have to work because of cut speed and line tension.
I agree with this. That wake is too wide. Either speed it up or shorten the rope.
Old     (Rich_Bruening)      Join Date: Sep 2010       08-01-2013, 7:32 PM Reply   
2:25 looks brutal, I took a nasty one of those tuesday on a switch hs fs 3. Didnt hurt much cause of the helmet wraps around the back of my head pretty well but still. I called it quits just in case. Nice scarecrow. I struggle with toe fronts. Looks like you need to pull that line in a few feet though. Start working on those toeside and switch hs jumps.
Old     (rplogue7)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-02-2013, 6:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_Bruening View Post
2:25 looks brutal, I took a nasty one of those tuesday on a switch hs fs 3. Didnt hurt much cause of the helmet wraps around the back of my head pretty well but still. I called it quits just in case. Nice scarecrow. I struggle with toe fronts. Looks like you need to pull that line in a few feet though. Start working on those toeside and switch hs jumps.

That hurt so bad man, I had the wind knocked out for a solid 10 minutes. I sat on the swim deck and just leaned back and waited until I could breath again. Ughhh. Anyways that mainline is 65', I've got a handle that has about 3-5 feet of rope on it, so it is possible I'm riding at 70' off right now, and thats a little much for me, haha. I'd love to ride at 60 off but does anyone know how I can shorten up my mainline without taking off removable sections because all of those are taken off. Thanks guys
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       08-02-2013, 6:45 PM Reply   
What speed are you riding at? Looked like boat was a 200VRS? If the wake is that wide at 65' then you definitely need to speed up some. Good video, good progress! I would recommend getting yourself onto a trampoline and practicing spins (I just tie my rope around a nearby tree) to get comfortable with handle passes. As stated above, tricks are cool and all, but if they're all from one side, you've missed a major opportunity to expand your bag of tricks. Even if its a TS air or switch HS 180, if you're not utilizing both wakes more you're missing out!