Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old    opsjmo            03-05-2003, 4:47 PM Reply   
I just got a pylon for my '90 supra comp ts6m. Not sure if I should tow from home to lakes with it up or should i just put it up when i get to the lake?
Thanks
Jasen
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       03-05-2003, 4:50 PM Reply   
No problem towing with it up. I don't think it would matter. Just remember you have a pole sticking up in your boat now and don't drive under any low power lines or tree limbs. We have a powerline coming into the back of our house and we have to watch it when going through the driveway.
Old    chris_hargis            03-05-2003, 8:23 PM Reply   
Yep, not any different than driving with a tower on your boat.
Old     (noneya)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-06-2003, 6:39 AM Reply   
Well I disagree I dont tow with mine up. On mine it doesnt fit 100% snug so there is some vibration and the strap also loosens through out the day. For my boat anyway I dont store it with the pylon up anyway so its just as easy to put it up at the lake, I usually do it while someone is parking the truck
Old     (rocketman)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-06-2003, 11:40 AM Reply   
I don't tow with it up either. My cable comes loose throughout the day also. If I were to tow with it up and the cable were to loosen, the strap that wraps around the front of the bow would rub against the gelcoat, and fade it slightly. It buffs out, but I'd rather just pull the pylon down. I have to remove it go get it in the garage anyway, so why not remove it at the lake anyway?
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       03-06-2003, 7:38 PM Reply   
Ten Foot Poles written disclaimer on their extended pylons.

"Do not tow with Ten Foot Pole Erect"
Old     (dba4life)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-07-2003, 11:01 AM Reply   
I tow with my 90 Comp and the pylon up with rack attached. I don't put the boards in the rack though.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       04-07-2003, 12:14 PM Reply   
Forgot to mention that I only tow the boat about 2 miles with the pylon up. Any farther and I take it down. It's just more wind resistance and it only takes about a minute to take down.