Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2008

Old    ren            06-30-2008, 6:09 PM Reply   
Is there anywhere in San Jose that will rent wakeskates? I'm heading to Havasu tomorrow night and wanted to bring one to try it.
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-30-2008, 8:08 PM Reply   
I haven't ever heard of any shop ever demo'ing wakeskates. Might have an extra option or two in Cal though. But I think that it may be difficult to find a shop that will. Good luck and if you do find one, post up who
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-01-2008, 8:57 AM Reply   
Cope & McPheters used to rent wakeboards so they might rent a wakeskate. I suggest calling them.

But I hear rumors that they are going out of business so things might be very different now.

Rod
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-01-2008, 9:09 AM Reply   
Cope & McPheters is going out of business?

DAMN!
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       07-01-2008, 9:59 AM Reply   
ive checked around many i havent found anyone except for sports chalet that rents skates. I've checked all the local pro shops
Old     (drilldaddy78)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-01-2008, 10:11 AM Reply   
If there is a Sports Chalet there they have a 30 day no questions return policy. I bought and returned a few wakeboards, wakeskate and surf board. Then proceded to buy at a store with the best price.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-01-2008, 10:13 AM Reply   
Hey Rene call me at the shop when you have a chance. I got a skate you can use for sure... 408 432-8088

And as far as rumors are concerned- Cope's is only trying to sell some of the land that a few stores are sitting on...and then relocate some shops from there.
Old     (tsbs)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-01-2008, 10:19 AM Reply   
Those rumors are a bi-atch... Scott A, I'd be searching for a job if I were you.

First there was nothing going on, then they stopped selling MC's, then they were struggling to pay companies for product, now they're selling off property to move stores to rented property? There sure are a lot of things going on if they aren't really in trouble like the rumors suggest, eh?

Sorry, just a bit too coincidental.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-01-2008, 10:24 AM Reply   
oh hey, Greg told me next time you posted to say hi!