Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old     (duffmangt)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-10-2008, 9:42 PM Reply   
they finally have a vest up in all different sizes and its a comp vest >< i need cga vests for random people on the vest...anyone know where i can get some in all sizes for 30-40 shipped? i dont want to get the academy brand ones
Old     (spicoli512)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-11-2008, 6:08 AM Reply   
This might be your best bet.

http://www.wakeside.com/product/on_sale/wake/vests/liquid+force+mens+hinge+uscg+vest+2006.do
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-11-2008, 7:13 AM Reply   
Kyle,
I totally understand. i just bought a boat and need come CGA vests for others and i'm looking in the exact same price range.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-11-2008, 7:19 AM Reply   
Those hinge vests are great, and I'll swear by them, especially the CGA ones. I've got a CGA hinge vest for jetskiing and a comp for riding, but the Hinge is just pretty incredible all around. Offers a lot of buoyancy, while at the same time allowing you a softer hit on the water. I wear it when I dive off of the cliffs by my house, and I go just as deep as I would without one while not worrying about any kind of discomfort caused by the vest while doing the dive. Great vests if you can get them for cheap. Actually, great vests in general.
Old     (duffmangt)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-11-2008, 7:52 AM Reply   
:-( those would be perfect but it says theyre not avail anymore
Old     (duffmangt)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-11-2008, 7:53 AM Reply   
o yeah thats supposed to say i need cga vests for random people on the boat...not random people on the vest :x in my first post
Old     (rake)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-11-2008, 8:09 AM Reply   
Best bet for boat vests are the nylon 4-buckle ones. Take up little space, you can get a small/medium and a large/extra large which will cover almost everyone with just 2 vests. If they like the sport they can get a neoprene one.

19 bucks at overtons

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=12560&pdesc=Overtons_Men_s_4_Buckle_ Nylon_Vests&str=nylon%20vest&merchID=1008&r=view

Or if you're dead set on neoprene for the crew, hit up Costco and get the jobe ones for like 39 ea.
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-11-2008, 8:22 AM Reply   
Keep the faith & just keep watching. We will have some CGA vests for you soon.
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-11-2008, 10:30 AM Reply   
I'll keep watching Tom. I need atleast 3 maybe 4 or 5.

(Message edited by ldr on February 11, 2008)
Old     (duffmangt)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-11-2008, 4:29 PM Reply   
thanks tommy, was hoping you would hop on this thread and put my mind to ease!