Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 18, 2008

Old     (bdeisel)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-11-2008, 7:56 AM Reply   
Where do I find one of these?
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-11-2008, 8:11 AM Reply   
As is with a lot of stuff...I say build, don't buy.

I think its pretty rad to find an old crappy pontoon boat for a couple hundred bucks and use it as a platform for a sick floater. Be creative...I built a 32ft, fixed pvc jib rail entirely from dumpster diving my neighbors trash during their new home construction. All I bought was a couple of boxes of screws :-)
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-11-2008, 8:40 AM Reply   
Totally Free...No lie:

Upload
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       01-11-2008, 9:17 AM Reply   
if you build it they will come.
Old     (bdeisel)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-11-2008, 9:26 AM Reply   
This is so true guys. However, We're planning a houseboat trip this summer, taking 2 boats, and I would like to have something mobile I could drag across the lake to our spot. I like the pontoon idear. I have seen some videos with the pull-behind version. That might be the way to go for me. If not, I definately will consider building something.
Old     (watson_134_lf)      Join Date: Nov 2007       01-11-2008, 2:26 PM Reply   
im with luke.... the pvc and screws were generously donated by my parents, and i salvaged the wood from my neighbores.
if your in shallow water, just build something like mine or lukes, and then just toss it in. the weight of my slider just kept it anchored, and i never had to worry about it
Upload
Upload
Old     (misfits1981)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-11-2008, 2:33 PM Reply   
Alex, you didn't anchor that? How did you make it stable?
Old     (watson_134_lf)      Join Date: Nov 2007       01-11-2008, 2:50 PM Reply   
i took about 3 feet of partical board and screwed it to the bottom of the 4x4.
then i took 2x6's and screwed them into the particle board on an angle, and screwed those into the 4x4's
the particle board sunk into the sand a couple inches, but other than that it was really stable....but it only lasted for the summer
Upload