Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old     (azwakbdr)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-11-2006, 9:10 PM Reply   
This question is for those of that are lucky enough to live in AZ. I have been real busy lately and have not had a chance to hit the lakes. We usually go to Saguaro or Canyon. I was wondering if the morons with the inner tubes and the speed boats are off the lakes yet. Basically is it safe to hit the water on Sundays after 10am?
Old     (turbonine)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-11-2006, 10:05 PM Reply   
As for Bartlett, tubers are gone for the most part. Maybe one or two on the entire lake. Still some power boaters though, but they dont mess the water up that much. Pretty smooth all day. Should be the same on Saguaro and Canyon.
Old     (azwakbdr)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-12-2006, 11:48 AM Reply   
I have lived in AZ my whole life and have never been to Bartlett. How is it on Sunday? We live 15 min from Saguaro, that's why we've never been but I would like to check it out one of these Sundays before it gets cold.
Old     (gobigorgohome)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-12-2006, 11:53 AM Reply   
Bartlett is 100x better than Saguaro. Much cleaner water, usually much better conditions and way fewer people. All of these 3 are as a result of it being so far away - if you're 15 mins from Sag you're looking at about 90 mins of driving to Bartlett.
Old     (bennygoodx)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-12-2006, 12:07 PM Reply   
I think Bartlett is the best lake in the area. So beautiful and the access to camping and beaches is the BEST.

I keep my boat at Pleasant cuz it's close to me and I hate hauling my big beast around.

All the lakes have quieted down quite a bit.
Old     (san210nut)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-12-2006, 12:49 PM Reply   
Bartlett will have a bass tournament almost every Saturday and Sunday this from until the third week in February. Just don't get caught pulling off the lake before check in time or it will take you at least 1 hour to get off the ramp. Same goes to some extent for putting in. The next couple of tournys are with the Pro Bass Association, then comes the Amatuer Bass and Tackle Tournys, and then the American Fishing Association, etc. etc...

They don't much like wakeboarders either since they have to continually man their trolling motors. They have gotten awlful close to use and are riders the last couple of outings.

Saguaro and Canyon don't have any tournys so they are actually better IMO in the winter and the opposite goes later on.

Apache is still the best though. No one is ever there.

Thanks,
Red!
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-13-2006, 9:01 AM Reply   
I've been going to Saguaro on Friday afternoons for the last month or two and it's been great. Last Friday was a little choppy and did see more boats because of the holiday but it was still pretty alright. My buddies took the boat out to Saguaro about a month ago on a Saturday and said it was fine. Oh, and the water is getting chilly so even last Friday I don't think I saw any tubers. There were some people who could drive their boats REALLY FAST though.
Old     (dan_lee)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-13-2006, 1:51 PM Reply   
I hit Saguaro yesterday. First time in a while I got real water there. Stay over there.

And for those who like to advertise how good Bartlett Lake is... PLEASE STOP. Preserve our "AZ glass" it's not glass like other parts of the country but some tubers read this forum undercover and soon will be ripping it up. Bartlett Lake doesn't allow power turning or tubes, kneeboards, mullets, beer that is less than $17 per 30 pack and lastly if you see a white Supra stay away from that guy. He cannot drive in a straight line and will have no regard for other boats around him. Just let him be, give him the glass he found and keep at a distance (unless you've got some good looking women on your boat and want to toast a cocktail between riders) but seriously look out for this boat.

Upload
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       11-13-2006, 2:01 PM Reply   
Dan, where have you been? Larry has been trying to get a hold of you. He's not lying he can't drive a straight line..
Old     (gelo_az_23_lsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-13-2006, 2:01 PM Reply   
yeah listen to Dan..... Bartlett lake is horrible...cant find any good water there anywhere....tons of tubers with no regard for anyone all year long!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (dan_lee)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-13-2006, 9:16 PM Reply   
Hey Gordie,

I'm still in the loop. My email that you can reach me is anielJLee@cox.net">DanielJLee@cox.net and my cell is 602-499-9837 You forgot my card that I wrote it on the day we visited. Tell Larry the offer for lessons is still there.
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       11-14-2006, 1:14 PM Reply   
Dan, he's got one this friday, he said he'll get some more lined up..
Old     (dan_lee)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-14-2006, 2:36 PM Reply   
Right on, I'm still riding. One other tip for AZ riders. Apparently the paystations are now taken down at the lakes. They are telling you to backtrack 10 miles to a Circle K and go buy a pass there. I love the polititians that thought this one up sitting at a desk. The paystations were supposed to be a temporary revenue builder to upkeep the launch ramps, now they're hitting every car for $10 but can't even get the machines that take the money to upkeep the machines.

Look into that prior to your next trip to the lake. I for one use camoflage netting over the superdooty to hide from the park 5'oh.

Anybody want to ride this week? Seriously a majority of my crew is on I.R. and I mean real I.R. like torn achilles, bleeding on the brain MX accidents, seperated shoulders, etc. I think this might be my last week of retirement/stay at home mom with my puppies and I'd love to ride.
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       11-14-2006, 4:40 PM Reply   
Dan Larry will come out and ride with you, I'll have him call you..
Old     (dan_forrest)      Join Date: Jan 2006       11-14-2006, 5:10 PM Reply   
Any one up for an early morning saturday run. I have the boat and gear just not the normal crew this week
Old     (mike_gilbert)      Join Date: Sep 2004       11-14-2006, 5:27 PM Reply   
Dan hit me up if you want to ride, I have any afternoon pretty much. your boat of mine
Old     (supraz)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-14-2006, 6:36 PM Reply   
"If you see a white Supra stay away from that guy. He cannot drive in a straight line and will have no regard for other boats around him. Just let him be, give him the glass he found and keep at a distance (unless you've got some good looking women on your boat and want to toast a cocktail between riders) but seriously look out for this boat."

I seem to recall there is a simalar looking Supra on Pleasant with the same issues.
Old     (azwakbdr)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-15-2006, 9:49 AM Reply   
Are you all going to Saguaro or Bartlett on Saturday?
Old     (dan_forrest)      Join Date: Jan 2006       11-15-2006, 12:02 PM Reply   
If your talking to me it would be Saguaro
Old     (bennygoodx)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-15-2006, 12:25 PM Reply   
LOL. You're right. Bartlett sux.

On a separate note, just got back from Pleasant yesterday. NOt bad at all. Lake as 65 degrees. Didn't need a wetsuit or anything. Although, it's changing soon!!!!
Old     (gettin_stoked)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-18-2006, 8:05 PM Reply   
Bartlett was sick on sunday.. I live by Saguaro as well, and usually the drive is well worth it.. been skunked a few times though..

The only prolem with the fishing tourney was the boat ramp... at least they are better drivers than the weekend boaters in the summer..
Old     (azwakbdr)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-19-2006, 11:19 AM Reply   
We ended up going to Canyon around 10am. We were pleasantly surprised with beautiful conditions all day. Not bad at all and we didn't have to drive 90 min to Bartlett. I would like to try Bartlett but I think we'll wait until we can spend the whole day out there. How is the camping there?
Old     (san210nut)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-19-2006, 2:47 PM Reply   
I think three or four of us are going camping after Thanksgiving. Either all day Friday and Saturday or all day Saturday and Sunday. We should have at least one SAN 210... Don't know which lake yet. Reply here if you are interested.

(Message edited by san210Nut on November 19, 2006)
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       11-19-2006, 4:44 PM Reply   
"We should have at least one SAN 210" ya think!! Since you own one.
Old     (azwakbdr)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-20-2006, 1:32 PM Reply   
Do you camp in tents? The reason I am asking is because I am used to camping in a tent but my wife has been spoiled her whole life with travel trailers. I am looking into a truck cabover so I can pull the boat also. Some guys said to get a 5th wheel and pull the boat behind that. I don't want to get that crazy. Any info would be great.