Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old     (weaverman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-11-2006, 1:45 PM Reply   
I'm just starting this kik @$$ sport and just askin for some tips on things and al i ride with a LF Stance and already wanting a new board cause i dont really like this board i was wondering if it would change anything or be bad if i went and tried to get like a 06 Watson or an 06 Drive??
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-11-2006, 2:00 PM Reply   
First thing you should learn is that a new board wont make you a better wakeboarder. Unless you know what it is you dont like about it, if you do decide to change boards, demo as many as you can to see what you like better and why.
Old     (weaverman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-11-2006, 2:06 PM Reply   
yeah i know that its just that my board now is just really slick and need something that i can actually ride straight on cause its hard to control but i should prolly just ride it more and get used to it but i just try things that i know i can't do lol like my third day riding i tried an 360 lol didnt work out too good but i just need like some drills and stuff i geuss but yeah ill try that though
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-11-2006, 2:47 PM Reply   
hey bro the drive is one of the fastest boards hyperlite makes. Not the best board to start off with and the watson tends to be semi slick too. If you want to stick with liquid force go with the shane. Yes, its a pro model. Yes, its quick and has explosive pop, but it would fit you perfect for many reasons. The shane has cupped fins on tip and tail that provide a stronger edge hold and stability with two more smaller molded in fins in the center. It has a spine (hump) down the center of the board so when your riding flat it feels a bit looser, but as soon as you get on edge the cupped fins lock you in so no slip and slide while trying to cut into the wake. Plus the spine also pushes water out from under the board when you land for super soft landings. Demo one bro you'll never go back. If your ever in the Visalia, CA area come into ETCO MARINE and Ill demo one to ya

(Message edited by knarbar on November 11, 2006)
Old     (weaverman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-11-2006, 2:57 PM Reply   
aight thx man ill look and c
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-11-2006, 3:45 PM Reply   
First of all you really don't want to be doing 3's your 3rd time out. I tell all newbies to get some literature or lessons and learn the fundamentals first. This way you'll progress a lot faster. I know you want to go out and throw down, but get your fundamentals down if you can it will make you a better rider. Good Luck!
Old     (cdl)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-11-2006, 4:45 PM Reply   
I'm new also and I just remeber to crawl before you walk,walk before you run. I was with some guy this summer and we were all new and I started riding switch because I figured that if i couln't do that it would really limit me later on. I spent a lot of the day riding switch then tried a 180 from switch to regular and landed it. Now it wasn't alot of air but big for me. I figured it would be easier to land regular for me because I was comfortable. Another guy tried it after that trying to land it switch and couldn't even ride switch.Talking about setting yourself up for failure.

Since I bought the book wake physics by jeremy kovak. i have not got to ride since but it goes step by step with all tricks. For example it progress like Deep water start, stand on the board cross the wakes, surf the wake, surface 180 &riding switch, air(1wake), Ollie, etc,

I can't wait to get out next year.
Old     (weaverman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-11-2006, 4:48 PM Reply   
thats helps alot wear can i get that book???
Old     (cdl)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-11-2006, 4:51 PM Reply   
www.wakephysics.com

it will help alot

i'm wearing the page out looking at it.

actually it is made well and should hold up well on the water.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-11-2006, 4:55 PM Reply   
That is a great book to get started with.
Old     (weaverman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-11-2006, 5:42 PM Reply   
ill look into getting that book as soon as possible then
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       11-11-2006, 6:54 PM Reply   
Try both of these....

http://www.wakeworld.com/TrickList/TrickTips.asp

www.thebookdvd.com

I highly recommend the book dvd.

(Message edited by solo on November 11, 2006)
Old     (cdl)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-11-2006, 7:25 PM Reply   
i've thought about the dvd too. but got the book so I can take it on the water.

probably get the dvd's later and use both
Old     (weaverman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-11-2006, 7:27 PM Reply   
lol well then im gonna get both then
do u know if u can get it at any kind of book store or anything??
Old     (cdl)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-11-2006, 7:27 PM Reply   
solo great shot on your profile is that you or did you take pic
Old     (weaverman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-11-2006, 8:31 PM Reply   
that is a tight photo and i work with a professional photographer and i dont even think he can do that good but i dont know yet lol
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       11-14-2006, 10:13 AM Reply   
That shot is of Bret V, I took it last season on Lake Entiat Washington for the August issue of Wakeboarding magazine page 104.
Old    innov8actionsports.com            11-14-2006, 11:51 AM Reply   
Welcome Chris!!!!
I would say to get the book dvd set as well.
Its a have to.
Old     (movinfr8)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-14-2006, 11:55 AM Reply   
I just started in August and "The Book" dvd was such a help in working on the basics.

And I found it on Ebay for about $75.

Good Luck!!!!
Old    redneckonaboard06            11-14-2006, 12:45 PM Reply   
I will def. be picking up that book soon.
Old     (weaverman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-14-2006, 1:16 PM Reply   
well ill be getting that then can i get it at like a store or am i gonna have to order it online??
Old     (chad_chinners)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-14-2006, 1:28 PM Reply   
I agree w/ the book DVD collection. I wish i would of bought it sooner. I have the book demo dvd somewhere. If i can find it I'll send it to ya. I think its got a few sections that might would help. I gotta find it first though. And there's a trick tip section on this site somewhere that might explains edging technique...
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-14-2006, 3:01 PM Reply   
If you order it from thebookdvd.com you get entered into a contest to win a ton of stuff.
Old     (weaverman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-14-2006, 4:34 PM Reply   
aight that'd be cool