Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-01-2004, 9:07 PM Reply   
I have a 22V and have been using the stock balast on the port side (250 in the back left and 250 in front left and then a 500lb fat sack on top of the back left tank probably half way filled and going about 10.7 mph was the best. Do you guys have some suggestions how to weight it. And by the way im riding my new TrickBoardz Surfskate which I like besides the wake isnt really dialed in and I can't go for that long

(Message edited by wakeborder5 on July 01, 2004)
Old     (captainfreedom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-02-2004, 8:20 AM Reply   
Try filling it all the way. You may also try filling the back right tank to get the back end down in the water more. Also, play with the TAPS.

I fill a 500 pound bag in the back locker and place about 200 pounds of lead on the left side and it has a perfect surf wave. I keep the TAPS at 7.
Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-02-2004, 8:43 AM Reply   
I'll try filling the fat sack more and maybe filling the back right. Should I have the front left tank filled? And when I had played with the TAPS it washed out. What speeds do you suggest?
Old     (bog)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-02-2004, 9:16 AM Reply   
Maybe try going a little faster, I know my Tige is the old hull but we are closer to 15 on the speed.
Old     (paublo)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-15-2004, 8:15 AM Reply   
We have experimented some on our 22V and so far the best has been both front bags filled (350#) with 195# of lead in front too, back bag on either side filled (440#) and 130# of lead on same side towards the back. Keeping all passengers on the weighted side, taps at 1 and speed at 10-10.5 mph we get a steep wake with a nice curl. Once we used an extra bag with about 500# on the floor on the same side and the wake was outstanding. For us higher speeds
made the wake smaller.
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-15-2004, 12:54 PM Reply   
In my 20v I put about 800# in the left rear locker and up front is either no weight or a single 200# sack in the bow walk-thru (depends on how many people are in the back), 9.5 to 10.5mph, TAPS at 8.

Here's some recent pics (perspective makes it look even bigger than it is):

Old     (drewsmug)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-24-2004, 10:12 AM Reply   
i have a tige 22v and we don't weight it down at all. except for all the people on board, and i think the wake is great. we can do tricks on that with no added weight.