Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 06, 2004

Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-06-2004, 9:59 AM Reply   
I have been playing in the California Police and Fire Games for the past 7 years. For those who don't know what these are it is an Olympic style competition where Police Officers and Firefighters compete in a variety of events.

Well this year I just realized they offered wakeboarding. Too bad I entered into a different event because I may have entered into this one. Although I read the "trick" list and point system and I had to laugh at the "Beginner" category. I have never been to an AWA event so maybe it is standard.

If anyone is interested in viewing the competition the events are held in Stockton this year. Wakeboarding will be held at the Stockton waterfront event center on June 7 & 8.

http://www.cpfgames2004.org/venues/coordinator_notes/wakeboarding.htm

For those wanting to check out the other competitions check out.

http://www.cpfgames2004.org/Venues/Venue_Chart.htm

Old     (hoser325)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-06-2004, 10:42 PM Reply   
Good luck A.P.! Make our bro's proud!
Old    sonicr1            06-06-2004, 11:32 PM Reply   
I was gonna compete in the wakeboarding event, but I got on a soccer team instead... I got too scared to compete, cuz I suck at wakeboarding, although I love it!!! Although, after looking at the trick list, I could do the novice and the beginner list of tricks.

Depending on what time I get up tomorrow, before my game, I was thining of cruising down to the river... 8am, though... don't know if I'll be up that early!!!

What are you competing in?

(Message edited by sonicr1 on June 06, 2004)
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-07-2004, 8:52 PM Reply   
WOW

What a coincidence. I'm competing in soccer too. I play for Santa Clara Combo. We defeated San Francisco PD today 4-1.

Who do you play for?

And Rhett.... Thanks for the support!!!!!
Old    sonicr1            06-07-2004, 9:05 PM Reply   
Central Valley United, we won today 3-1... but I overheard the coach at the Radisson, "two of those goals shouldn't have been goals." You know how it is. Maybe we'll meet in the finals. Do you play tomorrow? We play on the nice field, "Knowles" I think it is. I'm #27, don't slide tackle me too hard!!!

Know the times for wakeboarding?
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-07-2004, 9:16 PM Reply   
I don't know the times for wakeboarding. I have a bye on Tuesday. Play again Wednesday against Sacto Co Fire on Brookside field. The Knowles field is nice.

So you beat Butte Co. Good for you guys. Looks like you play Alameda Co next. Take it from me.... they are not very good. We scrimmaged against them a couple of times in the past few months. They have one player who plays forward who is decent but he has no support.

I'm #13 and I play sweeper. Looks like if we do meet it will be in the finals. Good luck to you and if you look like you're going to score then I will take you out. LOL
Old     (w8kbrd)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-07-2004, 9:45 PM Reply   
The events start at 8 am.
Old    alanp            06-07-2004, 10:42 PM Reply   
hey do you need to be a ca law enforcement officer. i am a border patrol agent and enforce laws in ca and az. would this suffice?
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-08-2004, 9:13 AM Reply   
Border Patrol are eligible. May be a little late for this years games as the events have gone underway. If you are still interested, the games will be held in Reno next year. Las Vegas is hosting the International Police & Fire Games in August. Arizona will be holding their games next April

http://www.cpaf.org/html/reg.pdf
Old    sonicr1            06-08-2004, 2:06 PM Reply   
Actually we played Alameda County first... today we played Butte... we tied 0-0.
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-08-2004, 7:31 PM Reply   
What time do u play on Wed?
Old    sonicr1            06-08-2004, 10:25 PM Reply   
bye on wednesday, we will prolly play on thursday at 10.
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-09-2004, 4:45 PM Reply   
We beat Sacto Fire today. 3-0. We won our bracket. Play tommorrow at 8 against CHP combo.... I think. at the Knowles field.
Old    sonicr1            06-09-2004, 8:28 PM Reply   
Coool, I'm meeting a friend there at 8, we play at 10, we only came in 2nd in our bracket, but at least we are gonna play tomorrow!!! That will give me a chance to size you guys up... :-)
Old    sonicr1            06-09-2004, 8:32 PM Reply   
BTW, I went and checked out thewakeboard results today... I should have entered novice... there was only two other guys!!!!!!!!!
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-09-2004, 8:46 PM Reply   
Alright. We should be wearing the blue and white Argentine jerseys. Come by and say Hi. I'm #13
Old     (w8kbrd)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-09-2004, 10:08 PM Reply   
I'm doing it next year. Maybe more guys will enter it.
Old    sonicr1            06-10-2004, 6:14 AM Reply   
Yeah, next year I'm in too... unless I get on another soccer team. My body is getting way older than my years, and I don't think my body will be able to handle too many events at once!!!
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-11-2004, 5:07 PM Reply   
It was a long struggle but we took home the GOLD. Three of our key players were hurt and we played to a 1-1 tie in the finals. It was decided with penalty kicks and we survived!
Old    xtremebordgurl            06-12-2004, 5:04 AM Reply   
what the heck is a potato peeler? Check out the beginner list of tricks.
Old    sonicr1            06-12-2004, 6:53 PM Reply   
Congrats... I competed in the K9 competition today... My mutt did well, but no medals, a lot of good dogs out there!