Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 11, 2007

Old     (droon)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-22-2007, 9:03 PM Reply   
I got an 06 V215. I screwed up and didn't get one with factory rear ballast, I only have the mid ballast. Then I went and installed 2 12"subs in the rear locker next to the engine. Any ideas on #1 where to put my subs and #2 which ballast system should I go with in the rear compartments #3 Is there a trustworthy boat shop in the L.A. area to install these. If you have a set up like mine send me a pic of what you did if you can. Thanks alot
Old     (zipe)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-22-2007, 11:07 PM Reply   
If you do not have a heater, there is a ton of dead space behind the drivers seat bulkhead up under the dash by the foot rest. That panel pulls out plus there is room to move it forward closer to the back of the foot rest to build a box. Have not done it yet, but that's my plan.
Old     (rdmb)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-23-2007, 6:34 AM Reply   
You didn't screw up at all. You will appreciate the storage space back there. You might find you won't ever need that weight. Having said that, I have 2 removable sacks that fit the rear storage and a portable pump. They came with my V210 when I bought it but I have no intention of using them. If you're interested, I can get you some pics/more details. I have't looked into what they're worth but would like to get them out of the garage. I also have a sub enclosure that sits in front of the drivers feet against the bulkhead. I'm not going to use it either since I like the leg room. PM me if you're interested in either.
Old     (droon)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-23-2007, 9:28 AM Reply   
Dave, what types of sacs are you talking about? How much weight in each? are they more cube shaped like the ones for the X-2, because I threw my friends fatboy in one compartment and it pushed the carpeted wood dividers out.
Old     (rdmb)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-23-2007, 10:34 AM Reply   
They are Mastercraft round ones with covers...not sure of the model. They are roughly 15x40", probably around 250-300 Lbs each. The closest I could find online were the launch pad v-drive bags and they say 700 lbs.
Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-23-2007, 4:57 PM Reply   
You could also talk to Sanger and take your boat in and have them install the rear tanks in @ the factory. That is what we had done.

Our sub is under the drivers dash and so is the heater, no problems. Just depends on how much size you need.
Old     (droon)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-23-2007, 5:07 PM Reply   
Is the factory up in No Cal or So Cal? How much did they charge you if you dont mind me asking? Also, what size sub where you able to fit? 1 12" subwoofer in an enclosure?
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-23-2007, 6:50 PM Reply   
Factory is in the Central Valley by Fresno.
I have 1 12' sub under the dash also.
Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-23-2007, 11:46 PM Reply   
Yeah what Kenny said.

I can't remember what it was but it was the same price as if we had bought with it already installed.

I have a rockford 12" in a custom 1CF box under the dash.
Old     (droon)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-24-2007, 9:53 AM Reply   
Thanks for the help guys. I'm gonna move my subs to under the driver compartment. I got some new pro 80s going on the tower to replace the WEAK Infinity system I got (another mistake). Can you give me a ballpark on that factory ballast system install? Are we talking $800? $1800 $2500??????
Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-24-2007, 12:34 PM Reply   
I will have the wife see if she can find it.
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       06-24-2007, 12:45 PM Reply   
Found it... it was about $1,300 to have the rear ballast installed by Sanger back in 4/2005. The loss of room in the back compartments isn't that bad. We can still fit a ton of stuff back there.
Old     (droon)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-05-2007, 10:23 PM Reply   
Thanks alot, I just got back from vacation on the colorodo river. God I love my Sanger. I didn't even use 1lb of ballast and my wake was "SICK". Crisp and Rampy!
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-06-2007, 12:09 AM Reply   
just for a reference on storage space without a pic, sorry, i can put 12 orange uscg life jackets standing straight up in a line and have room for about 4-5 more regular jackets and a couple towels on top on one side. the over side is usually left free because thats where the wet stuff goes, nobody wants thier jacket wet on a dawn session in the middle of december. also when i set the boat up for surfing, i remove the rear carpet enclosure, the board that keeps stuff from sliding al the way back and i fill a 750# bag with no problem and stil have room to stuff a couple jackets. the factory ballest tank will run length wise from the seat back to just under the stern and width is just about as wide as the gunwall, "spell check please". imo the full stock 3 ballest system on a v215 is an awsome wake. and i just love my wake with stock full 2 people and a 750 in the walkway. hope this helps.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-06-2007, 11:38 AM Reply   
Droon,

It's midsummer, enjoy your boat, not time to start a new project.

Now, go get yourself about 500lbs of weight that you can put in the back hatches this summer and/or a fat sac. Look for a metals recycler and get some lead blocks. Or pop-products bags, or old tire weights.