Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 20, 2007

Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-11-2007, 11:12 PM Reply   
Hey everybody, so next year my family is planning a lake vacation and instead of doing another huseboat trip, the family wants to rent a sick house. We are looking for a place that can sleep 15 or so and is lakefront. Any suggestions on the lake/house that can accomodate this group for a week or so? Much appreciated
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-11-2007, 11:37 PM Reply   
i know the liquid trends guys or their friends rented a house here on the delta in discovery bay this past weekend for a bachelor party. i dunno bout any lake houses though. at shasta you can get a couple cabins
Old     (_jason_)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-11-2007, 11:39 PM Reply   
Lake Tulloch does house rentals. There pretty big but i dont know about 15 people. http://www.tullochrentals.com/
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       06-12-2007, 6:51 AM Reply   
Bass Lake has tons of houses on the lake to rent, but the lake is small but can be fun for the family. Not a real wakeboard type lake since it does get packed. Friday nights has live music and dancing at the resort. My wife likes to go there and drink cocktails by the resort pool, that is what she calls camping. It is close to Yosemite National Park for a family outing.

http://www.basslakeca.com/vacationrentalbl.html
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-12-2007, 8:01 AM Reply   
Thanks fellas. I definitely want to avoid Bass Lake, I've heard only horror stories. I also thought of Disco Bay, but was worried about Delta rooks(us) getting turned loose. The Tulloch option looks awesome! What else is there?
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-12-2007, 8:20 AM Reply   
Tulloch would probably be a good bet. There are some huge houses on the water for rent at reasonable rates. Riding there is a joke on the weekends, but the weekdays are great.
Old     (brianmiller)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-12-2007, 8:30 AM Reply   
Here is a house on shasta that I have stayed at. It is a great set up for a big family. http://www.shastalakehouse.com/
Old    K.B.C.            06-12-2007, 9:34 AM Reply   
I've stayed at the Shasta house also. It was a good time. Pretty easy boat access and will definitely sleep 15
Old     (jv210)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-12-2007, 10:43 AM Reply   
Jason that was me and my boys. It was an aunts house. I know there are a lot of nice houses for rent on disco though, just do a search.
Old     (jermiside)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-12-2007, 12:21 PM Reply   
I know of one on the delta in Isleton not far from Tower Park. Could hold 15 peeps comfortably. Let me know if your interested in the delta vs a lake.
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-12-2007, 12:33 PM Reply   
DO NOT do bass lake. Unless you never plan on ever doing anything other then tubing. Do the Shasta House. Tolloch is OK except way to many boats for such a small lake during the summer.

(Message edited by dadthedriver on June 12, 2007)
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-12-2007, 12:47 PM Reply   
Yeah we are looking for a Sunday-Friday type thing in early August. Is Tulloch crowded midweek as I want to ride a lot. A friend also recommended Almanor, it looks pretty sweet. In regards to the Delta, I'm just worried of getting lost/not knowing what the hell I'm doing out there & hitting a sandbar. I'm not a 'tard, just don't know the Delta.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-12-2007, 1:10 PM Reply   
Stephan... If you do the Delta we'll come out and ride with you a few times.

I know there is a house right outside Orwood resort that rents. It's killer inside, had a lot of room and is right on fast water.

Maybe look into that. I know there are guys on here that've rented it before.
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-12-2007, 1:25 PM Reply   
Stephan,

We have rented that house outside Orwood. It is a great spot, lot's of room. Not sure if there would be small kids with you? that would be the downside. Not a good swim area.

Mid week Tulloch should be great and there are some nice looking rentals there.
Old    petey20            06-12-2007, 4:19 PM Reply   
Only house on the lake.

http://www.congerosa.com/
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-12-2007, 5:18 PM Reply   
Wow, Marcus, what is that place like? I read that you can only ride on the lower 2/3 of the lake, did that present an issue? Whats it like mid-week? Looks awesome! Does it have a dock & place to swim?

We'll have some kids but no younger than 15. We would like to swim and muck about though. Definitely leaning towards Tulloch or this Englebright. Thanks again everybody, keep em coming!
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-12-2007, 8:09 PM Reply   
Like Evan said, there is house right between Orwoods and Disco Bay that rents out. Don't have any info, but is good location. Maybe someone can help out with rental info
Old     (malibupilot)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-12-2007, 8:29 PM Reply   
I have also stayed at the Shasta house.... it's a nice place to stay
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-12-2007, 10:14 PM Reply   
englebright has sandy beaches upriver, i have boat camped there. we had butter daily. the water is clear. i never knew about that house that marcus so kindly posted...
heres the place by orwood...
http://www.vacationrentals.com/vacation-rentals/18420.html
looks like the bomb
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-12-2007, 10:34 PM Reply   
steve-o definately check out Almanor. sick place and big cabins all over the lake. i learned how to wakeboard there, and the fam used to go every summer. check out the rentals in the gated community. hit me up if you need any help, or if you need anybody to push start your car!!!!!
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-12-2007, 11:14 PM Reply   
"Ski right off the boat dock"

I guess that means that we can scream past there docks with 2500LBS wakes? Not like I haven't done it before.

All kidding aside, it is nice location, never seen the house from anything but the water, but looks/sounds nice
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-13-2007, 2:08 AM Reply   
Doggy, don't worry about push starting the car, a lady decided to hit it while parked in front of my house. Attached bumpers are overrated.

We are trying ot keep the drive at a minimum as some are coming from So-cal. Almanor & Shasta are a little far I'm thinking. The Orwood place looks cool but if there is much of a current it might be tough to lounge in the water, plus its more of a getaway than a riding trip(unfortunately). I'm thinking either Tulloch or Englebright, that lone house on the water looks dope!! The fam will like the other options for fun.
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-13-2007, 6:40 AM Reply   
www.vrbo.com

found all our lakehouse rentals their, and they are NIICE
Old    petey20            06-15-2007, 9:49 PM Reply   
If you are going to Englebright during the week you will have the lake to yourself. It's secluded and there is always butter. It's tucked away in the foothills with lots of wind protection. I don't think there is a dock at the house but there is a nice yard and area to tie up boats and what not. It's not a huge lake but it is long and narrow and it has great scenery.