Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old    04san            06-24-2004, 2:39 PM Reply   
I HAVE A 2004 SAN SE. I DIDNT GET THE CENTER BALIST BUT I DID GO WITH THE 2 LARGE IN THE REAR. LAST WEEK I BOARDED BEHIND MY FRIENDS 04 MALIBU VLX AND I NEVER GOT SO HIGH. I CANT GET AS HIGH ON MY SAN. COULD IT BE LACK OF WEIGHT IN THE FRONT CHANGING THE SHAPE OF THE WAKE OR JUST THAT I PICKED THE WRONG BOAT OR OPTIONS OR THE FACT THAT I HAVE ONLY BEEN BOARDING FOR 1 YEAR.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-24-2004, 2:57 PM Reply   
A SAN can get a wake comparable & exceeding of a VLX. To get an optimal weight you should have it evenly weighted throughout and have at least 2,000 pounds sinking it down. It will kick up huge like that!!
Old    04san            06-24-2004, 3:05 PM Reply   
ILL TRY ADDING MORE WEIGHT. TO HELP MAKE IT EVEN.
Old     (bigjackamo)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-25-2004, 7:36 AM Reply   
To get that wake up on your SAN it is important to run weight in the front. I set mine up with 500 in back (tanks) 320 in board locker (tank) and 200#'s of lead in the front. Then if you add 5 people it is great. If you only have two or 3 then add a bag or two to replace the weight of the missing people.
Old     (cowdoc13)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-26-2004, 6:47 AM Reply   
Andy:
I own an 03 VLX, but take lessons behind an 03 SAN TE. I was the opposite of you. I went higher behind the SAN with less effort. Came to the same conclusion as you, I had the wrong boat. Then I got to reading about how weight sensitive the VLX is. I added a 250# fat buddy to the front of my VLX and it made all the difference in the world. As many have said, and I totally agree, the SAN has a more vertical wake that kicks you up. The VLX has more of a continuous ramp that sends you further over. Adding weight to my VLX gave the wake a more verticle component to it and made it feel closer to what I felt behind the SAN. The wakes are still different, but what I could do behind each boat is more comparable now. As many people have said, the wake behind any of the different manufacturers boats is different. Wakeboarders have different styles too. It may be your style is better suited to the VLX the way your friend has his weighted, but that does not mean you cannot shift or add weight into your SAN to get it where you like it just as well a his VLX. You will just have to experiment with weight placement and amounts. Just my 2-cents worth based on my limited experience.
Old     (san_man)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-04-2004, 10:33 PM Reply   
Andy: I have a 04 Sante. Go with 200 to 400 lbs of weight in the front under the seat pad with lead and you will like the wave much better when you are learning. As you get better you can add more weight in the rear. Also try people up front and this will give you more of a ramp then a wall. Once you get really good you will like the vertical up for big pop and bigger air
Old    wakeupdude            07-04-2004, 11:43 PM Reply   
why does the title to this thread say 02 san vs 04 malibu?