Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (norwalkbeast)      Join Date: May 2011       08-01-2014, 7:26 AM Reply   
I snapped my 2009 Hyperlite Marek Nova the other day and I'm looking for a new board. Im open to options for a replacement. I want something that has a lot of pop, has good landings, and is fast.
Old     (ATB0713)      Join Date: Oct 2013 Location: Massachusetts       08-01-2014, 8:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by norwalkbeast View Post
I snapped my 2009 Hyperlite Marek Nova the other day and I'm looking for a new board. Im open to options for a replacement. I want something that has a lot of pop, has good landings, and is fast.
Hey man, i just switched over from a 2011 Ronix Viva to the 2014 Raph Classic. I later found out that the Raph Classic and the Watson classic are identical, so i spent top dollar when i didn't need to. Anyway, i would suggest trying a Watson Classic. i could not be more stoked with mine!
Old     (canadian_waterboy)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-01-2014, 10:27 AM Reply   
Watson classic is definitely an amazing board. It goes to show that all this "innovation" isn't really all that game changing when a 9 year old shape is still one of the best performers out there. That being said, while the classic has a ton of pop, and is a great wake to wake board, I wouldn't call it fast.
Old     (snyderaaron)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-01-2014, 1:26 PM Reply   
I just ordered a 2014 marek bio, excited to try it, I'll let u know how it goes
Old     (norwalkbeast)      Join Date: May 2011       08-02-2014, 7:09 AM Reply   
I will have to look into the Watson Classic. I have rode the 2014 and 2013 Marek bio (they are the same shape). I like that board quite and rides well. What is the big differences between the nova and bio besides the weight? Also does anybody have a review on the Harley or the BOB?
Old     (CRS_mi)      Join Date: Jul 2011       08-02-2014, 7:23 AM Reply   
[QUOTE=norwalkbeast;1887280]I will have to look into the Watson Classic. I have rode the 2014 and 2013 Marek bio (they are the same shape). I like that board quite and rides well. What is the big differences between the nova and bio besides the weight?QUOTE]

Just weight, strata track, and the nova has slightly more flex to it although it's so minimal most won't even notice. If you're not worried about half a pound, get the bio.
Old     (LHMWakeshop)      Join Date: Jul 2014       08-02-2014, 9:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
I will have to look into the Watson Classic. I have rode the 2014 and 2013 Marek bio (they are the same shape). I like that board quite and rides well. What is the big differences between the nova and bio besides the weight? Also does anybody have a review on the Harley or the BOB?
Harley your going to find to be a more abrupt pop more straight up off the wake. Doesn't really take much to get up there. Speeds good and boards quite loose on the water but edges in hard. Harley rode watsons board before getting his own all they did was beef up his shape and make it more abrupt. Just as an FYI so thats the difference between those 2.

As far as the BOB more continuous rocker, pop feels like a lesser abrupt 3 stage like the harley. Pops still a bit abrupt but not really near that of the harley. Feels more fluid. Like the harley and most LF boards loose on the water but really locks in when edging a bit more then the harley.

If you liked the marek shape and rocker you'd probably be more happy with the BOB. As far as nova and bio no difference just weight.
Old     (norwalkbeast)      Join Date: May 2011       08-04-2014, 10:24 PM Reply   
Are there any Ronix boards that you guys would recommend that would ride similar to the Marek shape and rocker? Im not looking for the exact same thing, just something with a few of the same characteristics. Thanks for all the help!!
Old     (ATB0713)      Join Date: Oct 2013 Location: Massachusetts       08-12-2014, 9:11 AM Reply   
I rode the "ROWNIX" or the William down in Clemson one time. The board stays on edge really well, and feels like your cutting through the water and not just riding on top of it. It had predicable, yet good pop off the wake. I've never rode a Marek before, so i can't give you a comparison.

The Ronix Camber rocker is suuuper interesting though...can't wait to get on one of those bad boys!
Old     (LHMWakeshop)      Join Date: Jul 2014       08-12-2014, 9:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Are there any Ronix boards that you guys would recommend that would ride similar to the Marek shape and rocker? Im not looking for the exact same thing, just something with a few of the same characteristics. Thanks for all the help!!
You'd be a very happy on the Ronix william. It has the same aggressive rocker your would find on the marek and cuts very similar. I found the william to stick a little bit more then the marek but they rode very similar and popped very similar. Any questions feel free to let me know!