Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (mschmidt33)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-26-2013, 4:26 PM Reply   
Looking for a new or slightly used wakeboard/wakesurf boat. My issue is storage. Garage is 21ft deep exactly. Height and width are not an issue. I have emailed both Tige and Axis looking at an R20/RZR or A20 but have not heard back yet. Going to call some dealers tomorrow as well. Will need to verify a measurement without platform, tongue folded, wedge down. I know its my first post but help me out guys with slapping a tape measure on the ground.

Mike
Old     (paulharenberg)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-26-2013, 4:51 PM Reply   
Not many.

I think most 20' foot boats are under 21 with platform off and tongue folder, as I think most tongues fold behind the tip of the bow, could be wrong. Keep in mind on a surf gate equipped Axis it may be extra work/not worth it to remove surfgate everytime.

Double door? Can you angle the boat in the garage?
Old     (mschmidt33)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-26-2013, 5:18 PM Reply   
I forgot about surfgate... wish I could just afford a new RZR.
Old     (mschmidt33)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-26-2013, 5:29 PM Reply   
Or afford to knock the back wall of my garage out... trust me I looked into it.

Mike
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       08-26-2013, 5:38 PM Reply   
Wait. So you want to buy a 60k boat, but don't have a couple grand of expendable income to move a garage wall?

Sent from my futuristic Apple device while in my office doing nothing.
Old     (mschmidt33)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-26-2013, 5:50 PM Reply   
Its not a couple grand... 2x6, all brick, HVAC, gas/water lines, with bonus above and stamped pool concrete and equipment right behind it. Really such a stupid design making the garage so shallow. I could always angle it if needed but that means offsite storage or I park in the driveway all winter because its not an option to put the wife in the driveway buying a 60K boat. My budget is 50K btw. Don't know how much angling to would help either as the 3rd bay only has an 8ft door with maybe a ft on each side...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmorlan View Post
Wait. So you want to buy a 60k boat, but don't have a couple grand of expendable income to move a garage wall?

Sent from my futuristic Apple device while in my office doing nothing.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-26-2013, 7:19 PM Reply   
The R20/RZR will fit with out issue. Both towers fold down easily to pass thru a standard 7 foot door.

You can shoot me a PM if I can help you out, if you can't get info from your Tige dealer. If your dealing with Skipper Bud's there has been some bad press on here about their customer service. So if you don't hear from them let me know and I will get you the answers you need.

Last edited by boardman74; 08-26-2013 at 7:22 PM.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-26-2013, 7:49 PM Reply   
2006 to present Mastercraft X2. You will have to pop the platform off any boat to make that. Also Malibu VTX.

I know I would never send anyone to Skipper Buds here in IL for a boat. That is unless they wanted to pay MSRP and get @&( customer service after dropping cash on the new boat. They could give two craps about wakeboats anymore.

Last edited by xstarrider; 08-26-2013 at 7:52 PM.
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       08-26-2013, 7:56 PM Reply   
When i got my 2008 sante 210, i knew that i would not be able to store - like i had other boats in the past - it in the garage. you know what? it is so nice to get rid of the boat for 6 mos, and just concentrate on snowboarding. i winterize it in the garage and pay few hundred for indoor storage for the season. you know there is a point at which you gotta let go...it is just 6 mos.
Old     (pip9ball)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-12-2013, 8:54 AM Reply   
Both of the 21' MB Sports models will fit in a 21' garage. (21' WB Classic and 21' Tomcat). You will need to remove the swim platform and swing the trailer tongue out of the way, however it fits no problem. It will also clear the standard garage door height as well.

Regards,

Phil
Old     (whiteflashwatersports1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       09-12-2013, 9:43 AM Reply   
I have a 2012 RZR in a 20ft deep garage. On an angle I can get it in without removing the swim platfrom. Just fold the tower and in she goes.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-12-2013, 9:52 AM Reply   
Sanger V210 with the trailer tongue folded and the platform off would be about 21' but you would need to measure the actual boat and trailer as it's very close.
If you had a lot of width you could get wheel dollies and put a bigger boat in at an angle by rolling it around.
Old     (mschmidt33)      Join Date: Aug 2013       09-12-2013, 10:17 AM Reply   
Boom, thanks for all the additional replies guys! Really leaning RZR at this point, likely used though but that is not an issue.
Old     (Xtreme_Aviator)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-12-2013, 11:13 AM Reply   
Can you extend the front of the garage?
Old     (whoanellie)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-12-2013, 11:32 AM Reply   
The Axis A20 will fit. Not sure about the length of the surf gates on the 2014's, but with the wedge down and the platform off it is 20' 9". Height with tower folded is 6'10".
Old     (mschmidt33)      Join Date: Aug 2013       09-12-2013, 11:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme_Aviator View Post
Can you extend the front of the garage?
It could be done, but still expensive with the roof line, concrete, etc. I dont have any issues with a 20' boat and it sounds like I have some options. I measured an R20 in person last weekend and it will fit no problem.
Old     (Xtreme_Aviator)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-12-2013, 1:04 PM Reply   
Just floating the idea around. Id rather store my boat in the garage vs any other reasonable option, but it gets old taking the platform off, swinging tongue and not having any extra room to walk around in the garage to store boards, float, bouys, and everyday equipment.