Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (woz)      Join Date: Feb 2009       05-18-2010, 7:21 PM Reply   
got a trampoline and want to set up a handle, planned on tying the rope and handle to a sturdy pole that is cemented in the ground. does anyone do anything different? it just seemed to simple.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-18-2010, 7:24 PM Reply   
did the same but had a little bungie at the end to give it some play.... otherwise sometimes it would yank you really hard if you got to far back or something
Old     (bogartsomeday)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-18-2010, 8:09 PM Reply   
hooked mine to a 2X4 stickin out under my roof eave. it does yank me a little bit, i should prob throw a bungy on the end like nick did.
Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-19-2010, 6:35 AM Reply   
I'd suggest a pulley with a weight on the other end. Seems like it would mimic the pull of the boat more, the way you can get slack on the rope and stuff
Old    ScottRobinson            05-19-2010, 7:13 AM Reply   
Hey guys when you are doing the tramp do you have a board on your feet? I have a tramp for the kiddos and get on there alot but thought about this rope thing and will do that tonight, but want to know if it makes sense to just use my Shane board? I don't want to break the board or the trampoline but would love to get the feel of the board on my feet when trying inverts. Thoughts?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-19-2010, 7:19 AM Reply   
Scott the wakeboard camp has a foam wakeboard for trampoline training .i can't remember the brand name but if you shot them a e-mail they could probably tell you . Wakeboardcamp.com.
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-19-2010, 7:26 AM Reply   
Pully is a great idea. Have never thought of that. Maybe a 10 lb weight or somethign on the end. Hopefully you dont get pulled off the tramp. lol
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-19-2010, 7:28 AM Reply   
http://www.jumpsport.com/pr-bouncebo...gn=accessories

heres a tramp board. Could prob make one for 10 bucks worth of foam
Old    ScottRobinson            05-19-2010, 7:31 AM Reply   
hmmm only 4lbs tho....not really getting the weight dialed in. it's a thought just thought maybe people used their boards...no??
Old    ScottRobinson            05-19-2010, 7:32 AM Reply   
Thanks Robert....

Honestly I thought maybe they just used the board itself, but doesn't look like anyone does. I guess I will look into this light foam thing...not a huge fan tho.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       05-19-2010, 8:11 AM Reply   
My experience on a tram with and with out a tramp board has been that both are good for wakeboarding. Most of the word has the Round Jump King tramps myself included. I have the 15' round Jump King. The only thing I don’t like about jumping on a round tramp with a board is that you have a tendency on round tramps to get shot from sid to side. I know I have gone flying off my tramp a bunch of times with a board on and it sucks. On a rectangle tramp this doesn’t happen as much (not as much side to side travel). I just jump on my tramp w/o the tramp board it still really simulates wakeboarding well as long as you use a rope. But maybe my goals on the tramp are a bit different, I don’t really try and learn to many tricks on the tramp from scratch, I really use my tramp for muscle memory with handle passes.

Scott I have used a regular wakeboard on the tramp and destroyed the decking not suggested. What I use for a tramp board ont he outside chance I use it at all, I took a wakeboard and cut it down so it was pretty much just bindings. Routed the edges round the wrapped it in high density foam that I bought at the fabric store. Works Great, plus you can use your regular bindings on it.

Just my $0.02 worth.
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-19-2010, 8:59 AM Reply   
ive got mine tied to the telephone pole in the corner of the back yard. works great
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-19-2010, 9:11 AM Reply   
Ours is tied up in the tree about tower height,
Old     (okcwakebrdr)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-19-2010, 12:05 PM Reply   
Ya just attach it by a screw eye to a tree or eve of your house. Just try to emulate the hight of the tower from how high your tramp is off the ground. The only thing bad about a board on your feet or anything for that matter...NO HOPS! You loose all your pop with something other then just jumping with your feet. i second call the wakeboard camp...they can give you some ideas. I was down there last month!
Old     (FreeRider209)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-19-2010, 2:03 PM Reply   
Don't wanna be the debbie downer but I have a freind whos brother was tramp riding with a snowboard attached to his feet and he got bucked off and broke his neck and is now paralyzed. The foam baords are a great option cause they have give. Its not so much the weight that matters it is the air awareness and having your feet in a stationary position. I personally just duct tape old skate shoes to a skateboard deck and call it a day. If your are in trouble you can kick the board off in mid air or if you mess up the board is so short it doesn't have the leverage to buck you off.
Old     (travis_briscoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-19-2010, 6:12 PM Reply   
I'm with Joe on this one, from my experience, having a board attached to my feet on the tramp is not a good idea. Having your feet locked into something (even if it is just a pair of shoes) really affects one's ability to land stable and also make minor corrections in the air that may save you from a broken arm, neck, or whatever. The trampoline is a great tool for wakeboarding, but in my opinion should be used mainly for air awareness and handle pass muscle memory - which doesn't require one to have feet locked into a board. To each their own of course, but I think most people that try both ways will agree with me.

The pulley idea is also a great one, just make sure it doesn't pull so hard that it's possible to get pulled off the edge of the trampoline.
Old     (woz)      Join Date: Feb 2009       05-19-2010, 6:51 PM Reply   
wow thanks for all the feedback gonna try some of this out friday.
Old     (ferral)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-19-2010, 9:34 PM Reply   
I use a voda board (http://www.vodaequipment.com/), and have the handle tied to my deck. Considering some of the landings I have taken while working on inverts, I would think a real board would end up damaging the trampoline pretty quickly. I usually work out the motion without any board, then add the board once I have it down. As others mentioned, its much harder with the board as you really lose a lot of bounce.
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       05-20-2010, 5:06 AM Reply   
Use a tree