Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 15, 2008

Old     (j_money)      Join Date: May 2006       11-25-2008, 10:53 AM Reply   
How much difference is there between the older (1979 to 1989) ski nautiques compared to the ski nautique 2001's from the 80's??? They look pretty much the same from the pictures but from what I hear the 2001's are the boat to go after so whats up with the regular ski nautiques???? THANKS for any input guys!!!
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-25-2008, 11:07 AM Reply   
I have been out on a 1977 SN and 1984 and 1989 SN2001's. The pre-2001 SN's have narrower beams which yields a narrow wake and the wake is much more abrupt and very little transition on the other side. The SN2001 has a wider beam which yields a wider wake (albeit narrower than most modern wakeboats) and the wake is shaped very nicely. They respond well to weight and the wake just gets bigger and cleaner. The wake is still more vert than the ramp of a Malibu, but it is not as abrupt and has a nicer transition than the pre-2001 Nautiques. If it were up to me and I had the choice between the two, I would easily pick the SN2001. I am hoping to pick one up as a project boat at some point in time. Hope that helps.
Old     (j_money)      Join Date: May 2006       11-25-2008, 11:46 AM Reply   
sweet!!! thanks a ton man!!! good info!!!
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-25-2008, 1:30 PM Reply   
If you are interested in 2001's, then check out the2001.com It is a great resource. Planet Nautique and Correct Craft Fan have a lot of good information too. I really like 2001's. I like my VLX too, but there are plenty of days where we have a small crew of hardcore guys and a 2001 would be perfect for those kind of days.