Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 21, 2008

Old     (wake2blake)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-26-2008, 10:16 AM Reply   
Is a 2000 Malibu Sportster made for wakeboarding or water skiing?
Old     (guitsboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-26-2008, 10:43 AM Reply   
Depends on how much ballast you put in the boat.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-26-2008, 12:28 PM Reply   
waterskiing 100%....the hull of that boat is sooooo shallow
Old     (bailey)      Join Date: May 2001       07-26-2008, 12:36 PM Reply   
We have a 99 sportster. Definitely made for water skiing but so are most hulls. I use the wedge and a couple of fat sacks with a little extra lead here and there. It throws a very nice wake but will not be up to pro quality. Great boat though.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-26-2008, 3:23 PM Reply   
You know...our team had that exact boat for a little while. I loved it for wakeboarding. You have to ride pretty close (70?) but the wake is nice shaped with the wedge, and about 1500lbs.

There is a video floating around here with Logan doing a raley over that exact boat.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-26-2008, 4:46 PM Reply   
You can get a good wake, but like nick said the hull/deck is so shallow it prevents you from using enough ballast to get anything big.

They wake is nice on that hull though, just not very big
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-26-2008, 10:22 PM Reply   
that's what tech's wakeboard cub was ridng behind for a huge chunk of the second semester this last year. Nice wake, but unless it had some weight in it, it was like, virtually non existant, just a small roller... Didn't stop one guy from doing w2w sevens behind it though... Or so I heard...
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-26-2008, 10:49 PM Reply   
Nick...post video!
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-27-2008, 8:37 AM Reply   
I wish I had it. It was before I joined the club, so there was none! I know, it sucks. I have video of a seven behind a 92 prostar 205, since when the engine in the sportster failed, the president drove up to new york and got his boat...

But the president also did one of the biggest stalefishes into the flats that I've ever seen behind the sportster. I should have video of that. Or it was the day that I forgot my camera... I'll take a look through my video files.