Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old    killen1970            11-18-2006, 3:27 PM Reply   
I have a 205V and want to add a sack or two. Would I am either going to get a bow sack or two V Sacks for the back. Any one have opionions I would appreciate the help.
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-18-2006, 3:43 PM Reply   
well you really need all 3 of them to make a decent wake with those sacs. if you just want to add one or 2 sacs they would have to be on the floor in the main seating area and the bow walkway

when adding weight you need to make sure you balance out the weight so if you put weight in the bow you need to add some to the rear and vice versa
Old    killen1970            11-19-2006, 10:05 AM Reply   
So what your telling me is I cant get away with putting the sacks in the cargo hold next to my engine or just laying one up in the bow? I really dont want to have to fill my boat full of sack laying around. If I were to do one or the other which would be the best bet?
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-19-2006, 10:30 AM Reply   
Neither. Here's your options. You could put sacs in the V-drive compartment AND a sac in the bow. You could put a single sac in the walkway to the bow. You could get about 600 or whatever pounds in lead and disperse that around the boat.

If you just put sacs in the back, your wake will curl over and get all mushy, and the boat would be difficult to plane. You need to compensate for forward/back ratio. The only way you could get away with one sac would be the walkway because it is in the middle/front of the boat, and would not throw off the balance since most people sit in the cockpit.
Old     (skier12)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-19-2006, 10:51 AM Reply   
What he is saying is that if you add sacs all the way in the back in the lockers you need some weight up in the front to balance it out.

If you only want to put one or two sacks in the boat they would have to be more towards the middle of the boat so they wouldn't throw off the balance.

Personally I would go with a three bag set up with two in the back and one in the front.
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-19-2006, 12:08 PM Reply   
Paul has one of the nicest 205V setups. He has a really well done thread writing up his fat sack install. He has the two in the back and then a couple up fron in under the seats. Check it out http://www.wakesiderides.com/rides/index.php?page=out&id=1482
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-19-2006, 12:09 PM Reply   
sorry forgot to add that he also has a locker sac, but you could get more what your looking for from this.