Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       05-30-2005, 10:20 AM Reply   
So I have a PPI 4125 running two 8" woofers, and two 10" woofers on my tower. I was adjusting everything this weekend, and realized I hardly get any mids to lows from my woofers. They seem to play a lot of highs.

I checked all of the switches, all of them are on full.(lo pass takes away too much of the sound) Checked the frequency dial, but it doesnt seem to change much. Neither does the qbass dial. Do I need to get the external qbass plug in to make the changes that I want?

It does sound a lot better than it did before, but now just trying to get it clearer, too much highs coming through. The horn is turned all the way down, and even unplugged the 10's and 8's still have too much highs.

Just trying to figure it all out.
Old    whitechocolate            05-30-2005, 10:32 AM Reply   
Luke, Im sorry Ill start asking the stupid questions first. Sorry if you have already done it

There is a button that switches the internal crossover on or off, Is that button on or off.

If the internal crossover is switched on and you still cant adjust the amp to your liking I suguest that you get a external cross over and then turn the cross over on the Amp off and adjust the amp threw a cross over with more adjustment. The cross overs that are located in some amps are lame. I have found the one in the 4125 good enough for me but every system is diffrent.
Do you have a copy of the Amps diagram that shows you what everything does? bring that with you next time and learn what all the buttons and switches do. once you know how everything works im pretty sure you wil have no problem adjusting your system
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       05-30-2005, 5:58 PM Reply   
Hey G- No problem, actually Kim and I spent about an hour messing with the whole system. Unplugged each channel, and tuned it 1 channel, per amp, at a time. I do have the manual, so I looked at it. I got it to sound much better, but still seems like there are too much highs. The horn is almost all the way down, while the woofers are way up.

I messed with all of the switches, and dials. Seems to be working better than before.

I was more just wondering if the external bass output control made a bigger difference.