Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (iwndr)      Join Date: Jun 2010       01-05-2014, 5:10 PM Reply   
All the warm weather teams won in the cold too.... throw out the Dome game.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-05-2014, 6:13 PM Reply   
Did a little job for a W state client today....
Had to run his credit card at 5:00 PM eastern and keep my mouth shut with the game on in my office.....My 10 year old, inside linebacker playing forty niners crazy son loosing his mind downstairs.
I have had easier tasks.
The card was fine..
The game was surprisingly good.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-05-2014, 6:56 PM Reply   
The 49ers/Packers game was great. KAP threw the INT but otherwise WON the game through his legs/arm. Not sure why Greg Roman insists on running up the middle when the defense is in a position to shut that down. The dude seems to focus on what he wants vs what the defense is giving away.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-05-2014, 6:57 PM Reply   
I enjoyed all the games this weekend. Except for the effing chargers. Good grief. Last second field goals in 2 games, and last minutes touchdown to comeback from 30 point deficit. Great wild card weekend.
Old     (iwndr)      Join Date: Jun 2010       01-05-2014, 8:44 PM Reply   
I don't care what anyone says, that 49er/Packer game was Awesome! Had me on the edge of my seat the whole second half. Go Niners!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-05-2014, 10:49 PM Reply   
Where can I buy some of that Niner "fairy dust" Cliff was talkin about? That stuff works and goes a long way too.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-05-2014, 10:56 PM Reply   
Did you guys hear that loud rattling noise after the GB SF game? It was the Seahwaks fans shaking in their boots.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-05-2014, 11:37 PM Reply   
I just realized that the Hawks have only beaten one team with a winning record (at the time of the game) this whole season.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-06-2014, 12:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
I just realized that the Hawks have only beaten one team with a winning record (at the time of the game) this whole season.
What the heck does that even mean? First of all, that statement is absolutely wrong... I can think of at least 4 off the top of my head. And even if there were only 4, that "stat" still means nothing. They beat Carolina in week 1. Does that victory not count because the Panthers didn't technically have a winning record?

I know you're looking for reasons to talk smack, but dude... please come with something stronger than this junk. Or how you don't think the cheerleaders are hot. The Seahawks finished with the best record in the NFL and won the toughest division in the league and the #1 seed. And that was while being TOP 10 in Strength of Schedule.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-06-2014, 2:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by digg311 View Post
What the heck does that even mean? First of all, that statement is absolutely wrong... I can think of at least 4 off the top of my head. And even if there were only 4, that "stat" still means nothing. They beat Carolina in week 1. Does that victory not count because the Panthers didn't technically have a winning record?

I know you're looking for reasons to talk smack, but dude... please come with something stronger than this junk. Or how you don't think the cheerleaders are hot. The Seahawks finished with the best record in the NFL and won the toughest division in the league and the #1 seed. And that was while being TOP 10 in Strength of Schedule.
Relax chief. Read what I originally said and look it up. I just went to Seahawks.com and noticed it. Look at the records of the teams they've played on the days they've played them. It ain't rocket science. And don't worry, the Niners have only won two or three. One of those two was when they beat the Hawks. And yes. I'm talkin smack... Like we're supposed to do. Or is that only allowed for Hawk fans who routinely bore the crap out of us all with their worthless stats trying to support how great they are? (even though you very recently got shellacked by the Cards) And yes, way too many of your cheerleaders are mutts. Admit it.

Last edited by markj; 01-06-2014 at 2:25 AM.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-06-2014, 2:40 AM Reply   
Quote:

Best record in the NFL? What about the Broncos? The Hawks started off hot but have cooled down recently. I think they just started believing they were owed the SB and it was gonna just get handed to them.
I don't put a lot of stock in stats either. Especially the ones that said the hawks were gonna beat the Cards and Niners. I say the hawks are not gonna run all over the Saints like they did last time. I'd bet they'll win but I wouldn't bet a lot.

Last edited by markj; 01-06-2014 at 2:47 AM.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-06-2014, 3:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
Road teams go 3-1 this weekend and should have gone 4-0.

Crazy
Bodes well for the Saints.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-06-2014, 4:10 AM Reply   
Quote:

Bottom line Hawks are 2-2 heading into this game. The 49ers are on a 7 game winning streak and they proved they could win in the cold.The Saints proved they could stop the # 1 rushing attack and win in the cold.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-06-2014, 7:27 AM Reply   
That Fairy Dust was just enough to prevent Kap's interception with six minutes to go. That would have most certainly been the end of the line for the Niners. I couldn't make up my mind on that game yesterday. If they lost we'd have no chance of kicking there azz in our house during the playoffs and Green Bay would be too easy for Carolina. If they won we'd have to listen to how amazing the Niners are against a team with swiss cheese for a defense.

This weeks is going to be awesome though. Win or lose the Niners are going to get pounded on in Carolina. Both teams will be thoroughly beaten up and neither one will be in very good shape coming into our house the following week. The Hawks will be playing a Saints team that is so tattered on defense that they're crawling into our house battered and bruised with backups.

Hoping the Niners have just enough fairy dust to make it to our house. Their loss in Seattle will be epic...
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-06-2014, 7:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle View Post
That Fairy Dust was just enough to prevent Kap's interception with six minutes to go. That would have most certainly been the end of the line for the Niners. I couldn't make up my mind on that game yesterday. If they lost we'd have no chance of kicking there azz in our house during the playoffs and Green Bay would be too easy for Carolina. If they won we'd have to listen to how amazing the Niners are against a team with swiss cheese for a defense.

This weeks is going to be awesome though. Win or lose the Niners are going to get pounded on in Carolina. Both teams will be thoroughly beaten up and neither one will be in very good shape coming into our house the following week. The Hawks will be playing a Saints team that is so tattered on defense that they're crawling into our house battered and bruised with backups.

Hoping the Niners have just enough fairy dust to make it to our house. Their loss in Seattle will be epic...
Remember don't count your chickens? Well the Bengals who REALLY were undefeated at home,unlike the seahawks, lost to a #6 seed. Guess who's the #6 seed in the NFC? Remember it's not what you've done in the past, it's what you do on that day. You hope your last four games aren't a indicator 2-2 with a crushing loss at home to the Cardinals . By the way the Cardinals didn't even make it to the playoffs because SF took care of business in Arizona.Your hoping and praying SF and Carolina beat each other up. You better be hoping you get past the Saints.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-06-2014, 8:57 AM Reply   
SF beating GB is no surprise. GB was on borrowed time and SF still barely won. If the Hawks get past the Saints (which is not going to be easy) and face SF, I really hope Kap throws like that again. I saw at least two passes that should have been INTs for GB, but I didn't watch the whole game. I'm sure there were more.

Markj,
Fortywiners 1-0: Hawks crush them.
Houston 2-1: Hawks crush them.
Titans 3-2: Hawks crush them.
Saints 9-2: Hawks crush them.
I'm leaving out the Panthers in game 1 and the Cards at (3-3) before we crushed them in AZ. That looks like more than one win against winning teams at the time of the game. You must get your stats from the same place Bobby does.

GO HAWKS!!!!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-06-2014, 9:19 AM Reply   
Were getting closer to your new Screen name Darren!!!!! And the Saints Go Marching In to Seattle that is!
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-06-2014, 10:02 AM Reply   
The 49ERs lost in week 10 against the Panthers 9-10. This was without Vernon Davis and Michael Crabtree. Davis was knocked out early in the game. Crabtree returned on week 13. Plus, Greg Roman is only now figuring out how to deal with the loaded box defenses. I predict a hard fought game that the 49ers win. KAP will outshine CAM.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-06-2014, 10:07 AM Reply   
Quote:

So you're saying that with six mins left, Mr. Clutch himself couldn't have led a comeback? Please... What about the no call on holding when Rodgers pulled off that Houdini towards the end? There were a lot of what ifs in that game. Bottom line is, they won as usual. you have a point though about either team being beat up before they play the hawks. That'll be the only way the 2-2 hawks can beat them too.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-06-2014, 10:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Starsnstripes View Post
SF beating GB is no surprise. GB was on borrowed time and SF still barely won. If the Hawks get past the Saints (which is not going to be easy) and face SF, I really hope Kap throws like that again. I saw at least two passes that should have been INTs for GB, but I didn't watch the whole game. I'm sure there were more.

Markj,
I'm leaving out the Panthers in game 1 and the Cards at (3-3) before we crushed them in AZ. That looks like more than one win against winning teams at the time of the game. You must get your stats from the same place Bobby does.

GO HAWKS!!!!
Oops! My bad. I didn't realize the record shown for each team was inclusive of the game played that day. My apologies to all chicken lovers nationwide. And you're right. It's gonna be hard to get past the Saints. I'm sure they will though.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-06-2014, 10:38 AM Reply   
"you have a point though about either team being beat up before they play the hawks. That'll be the only way the 2-2 hawks can beat them too."

Should have been the #1 seed like us. But they weren't so they suffer the consequences. Don't worry it all be over for the Niners soon enough...
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-06-2014, 11:09 AM Reply   
This is all I have to contribute to this thread.....
Attached Images

Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-06-2014, 11:25 AM Reply   
very peculiar post... The intent of this post is quite humorous actually, but the execution makes absolutely no sense... you take a real picture of a group and that is how they see themselves (seems logical that a group sees themselves as they show up in a real picture) but then you use a fictional picture to explain how everyone else see that same group... this actually then implies that everyone else is seeing things that are not real... so you are actually illustrating that everybody else is seeing and illusion and not reality? if that's the intent then congrats I guess... would make more sense had you used 2 fictional pictures to illustrate your point, maybe take a mulligan and try again.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-06-2014, 11:38 AM Reply   
First of all. Kap was lucky his pass wasn't intercepted. Also the stupid DB for GB thought he could rush Kap instead of covering the run. What a idiot! I doubt he will have a job with GB next year! And all us Seahawks fans, would love to play the 49ers again! No one shaking up here in the PNW. Kap was one throw away from being the goat !! I actually hope the 49ers beat Carolina, so we can play them again! Most of my hate goes towards the Coach Harbaugh!
he's the main reason I do not like the Niners!
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-06-2014, 11:55 AM Reply   
It's pretty lame to cherry pick a play here or a call there to flip the result of the game. You can do that with almost any game. What matters is who won/lost.

The NFC has 4 very good teams remaining.

The Saints will be bringing a loaded box and grabby corner defense (Seattle style defense) to Seattle. Seattle should win.
The 49ers will be bringing a spread offense to the panthers throwing quickly and running outside. 49ers should win.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-06-2014, 2:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Relax chief. Read what I originally said and look it up. I just went to Seahawks.com and noticed it. Look at the records of the teams they've played on the days they've played them. It ain't rocket science.
Apparently, it is. Chief.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-06-2014, 2:41 PM Reply   
I looked for the Niners billboard in Seattle near the clink two days ago when I was up there and couldn't find it. Is it up anywhere? I'd like to see a picture of it. If anyone sees it, post it. Go Niners! Btw, I think the lights on the clink at night are pretty cool looking.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-06-2014, 2:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Apparently, it is. Chief.
Lol. Okay, I'll own that one.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-06-2014, 3:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersonicmi View Post
very peculiar post... The intent of this post is quite humorous actually, but the execution makes absolutely no sense... you take a real picture of a group and that is how they see themselves (seems logical that a group sees themselves as they show up in a real picture) but then you use a fictional picture to explain how everyone else see that same group... this actually then implies that everyone else is seeing things that are not real... so you are actually illustrating that everybody else is seeing and illusion and not reality? if that's the intent then congrats I guess... would make more sense had you used 2 fictional pictures to illustrate your point, maybe take a mulligan and try again.
Good observation however, I think you miss the point. The reason people think that way about Seattle fans is because of what comes out their mouths. The problem is, that can't be perfectly illustrated with a simple picture like that but, all of us who have been listening to all of the tripe from them know EXACTLY what's being depicted there. I think you just have to be one of "us" to understand. It's similar to how someone views art or an inside joke.

Comments about how lucky the Niners were because of this play or that get tiring after awhile when the truth is the hawks are 2-2 in the last month. That means they're on the downward slide while the Niners are going nowhere but up (at least for now). Logic says that the running of the mouths should match the team's performance. Seahawks fans never got that memo...
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-06-2014, 3:04 PM Reply   
The billboard they put up is down in Tacoma. Guy must have been hard up for cash. Pretty funny though. Glad it went for a good cause.

The rivalry between the Hawks and 49ers is so good right now!! If the Hawks/49er NFC Championship happens it's going to be insane!!
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-06-2014, 3:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Lol. Okay, I'll own that one.
Okay, that was a cheap shot. And I'll own that.

As for this weekend... I'm a pretty statistically oriented guy. I like match-ups and measurables. And I haven't seen anything to suggest that the Seahawks won't beat down the Saints once again. Another blowout might be a lot to expect against the future HOF'er that is Drew Brees, but I don't see any way that the Saints can pull a win in this game. Vegas apparently agrees, since the Hawks are favorites by more than a touchdown.

I also think the 9ers are gonna have their hands full. They're playing well enough to (barely) win their games lately, but the Panthers D is LEGIT. Unlike the sieve that is GB.
If SF manages to scrape by this one, I'll be pretty surprised. But happy... because I think they'll be the easier team for Seattle to beat a week later at home.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-06-2014, 3:16 PM Reply   
Winning streaks have nothing to do with the playoffs. Last year the Redskins were on a 7 game winning streak, the Broncos had won 11 straight, the Hawks had won 5 straight. None of which made it past the Divisional round.
The Ravens were 1-4 in December and ended up crushing the Whiners in the SB. So what is your point exactly?
Old     (stoked_32)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-06-2014, 3:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Winning streaks have nothing to do with the playoffs. Last year the Redskins were on a 7 game winning streak, the Broncos had won 11 straight, the Hawks had won 5 straight. None of which made it past the Divisional round.
The Ravens were 1-4 in December and ended up crushing the Whiners in the SB. So what is your point exactly?
And by "crushing" you mean, barely winning by 3 points with the 9ers having a chance to win it at the end?

I agree streaks mean nothing in the post season, and last year's superbowl was an amazing game. Let's just leave it at that.

Last edited by stoked_32; 01-06-2014 at 3:43 PM.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-06-2014, 4:44 PM Reply   
Oh we got the memo. WE'RE 13-3 best in the NFC so logically, as you put it, we can run our mouths.

I find it very funny that you somehow think your smack talk is somehow different from ours. This is per your comment "its what comes out of their mouths". We have just as much right as any fan does to talk smack, stand up for or run your team down in a thread designed to do just that. People that can't hack it needn't apply.

Kaepernick was very fortunate that the pass that hit the GB defender in the hands was not picked. He may have had six there. Other than that he was pretty damn clutch coming down the stretch there.

With regards to the picture above I too thought that it makes no sense. Maybe if we take to routinely stabbing the opposing teams fans we'll be as cool as Niners fans.
Old     (iwndr)      Join Date: Jun 2010       01-06-2014, 5:18 PM Reply   
Quote:

Markj,

GO HAWKS!!!!
Your definition of "Hawks Crush them" seems skewed?
And then if the Niners win its always "barely beat them..."

Hawks scores
Carolina 12-7 I see why you left that out.
Houston 23-20 OT Really? Hawks Crush them?
Titans 20-13 Really? that is Crushing someone?
Rams 14-9 Is that a Barely Beat them to you?
Tampa 27-24 OT is that close to a Barely beat them for you? I see little difference from the Houston game where you stated that Hawks Crush Them.

Niners had 3 One score wins
Packers 34-28
Hawks 19-17
Cards 23-20
The Niners and Hawks actually did crush their opponents in the rest in their wins assuming a victory by more than one score is actually crushing someone... That is debatable to me
So according to your logic the If you throw out all the Barely beat them scores from both teams the Niners have the better record.
Good luck with the Saints, I do hope you win and that the Niners can Barely win in Carolina so there can be a rubber match. Though I will not turn down one last home game at the stick for the NFC Championship if the Saints do squeak past you.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-06-2014, 5:47 PM Reply   
Wonder how Aaron Rodgers got free on that 4th down?
Attached Images

Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-06-2014, 5:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Good observation however, I think you miss the point. The reason people think that way about Seattle fans is because of what comes out their mouths. The problem is, that can't be perfectly illustrated with a simple picture like that but, all of us who have been listening to all of the tripe from them know EXACTLY what's being depicted there. I think you just have to be one of "us" to understand. It's similar to how someone views art or an inside joke.

Comments about how lucky the Niners were because of this play or that get tiring after awhile when the truth is the hawks are 2-2 in the last month. That means they're on the downward slide while the Niners are going nowhere but up (at least for now). Logic says that the running of the mouths should match the team's performance. Seahawks fans never got that memo...
first line of my comment was that "the intent was humorous' so I clearly did not miss the point!
just find it funny that the depiction actually insinuates the opposite of the posters intentions
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-06-2014, 6:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
The billboard they put up is down in Tacoma. Guy must have been hard up for cash. Pretty funny though. Glad it went for a good cause.

The rivalry between the Hawks and 49ers is so good right now!! If the Hawks/49er NFC Championship happens it's going to be insane!!
Crap! I drove from the airport through Tacoma on my way to Poulsbo looking for it the whole way down I-5 and didn't see anything.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-06-2014, 6:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyv420 View Post
First of all. Kap was lucky his pass wasn't intercepted. Also the stupid DB for GB thought he could rush Kap instead of covering the run. What a idiot! I doubt he will have a job with GB next year! And all us Seahawks fans, would love to play the 49ers again! No one shaking up here in the PNW. Kap was one throw away from being the goat !! I actually hope the 49ers beat Carolina, so we can play them again! Most of my hate goes towards the Coach Harbaugh!
he's the main reason I do not like the Niners!
Goat stands for Greatest Of All Time.The Main reason you hate the 49ers is they have won 5 super Bowls and they have OWNED the Seahawks over their history.Before you reply remember it's okay to hate a team that has 5 times as many Super Bowl trophies as your team has in their EMPTY trophy case.
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-06-2014, 7:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Crap! I drove from the airport through Tacoma on my way to Poulsbo looking for it the whole way down I-5 and didn't see anything.
It was on the west side of the freeway in Fife next to an RV dealership... just south of Wild Waves. Could only see it driving Northbound on I-5.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-06-2014, 7:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
It was on the west side of the freeway in Fife next to an RV dealership... just south of Wild Waves. Could only see it driving Northbound on I-5.
Okay that's why I didn't see it. I took the Bainbridge ferry back to Seattle instead of driving back around due to the eastbound road work and fear of missing my flight. Someone needs to snap a pic of that and post it. I'm sure it would be good fodder for this thread.
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-06-2014, 7:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Goat stands for Greatest Of All Time.The Main reason you hate the 49ers is they have won 5 super Bowls and they have OWNED the Seahawks over their history.Before you reply remember it's okay to hate a team that has 5 times as many Super Bowl trophies as your team has in their EMPTY trophy case.
your superbowl trophies are antiques at this point... get some new hardware then talk ***** about trophies.

besides the Hawks have owned the NFC west since joining it!
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-06-2014, 7:18 PM Reply   
Here is a pic... not sure it was up to all the hype...

Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-06-2014, 7:24 PM Reply   
Yeah Roberta since joing the NFC West the Hawks the Hawks are 13-11 against the Niners and tied 15-15 all time. I guess you have to come up with a different definition for "Owned" being a Cowbitches fan.

(Queue Roberta talking about the dusty ass trophies)
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-06-2014, 7:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
your superbowl trophies are antiques at this point... get some new hardware then talk ***** about trophies.

besides the Hawks have owned the NFC west since joining it!
Get some Antiques then you will cherish them. The only reason you call them antiques is your jealous you don't have any to show off. As for owning the NFC West Seattle made it to 2 Championship GAMES Won 1 and lost 1.SF 49ers made it to 2 Championship games Won 1 and lost one. Both teams lost in their Super Bowl bids. One and done is not considered owning the division.Just ask the Eagles,Packers and Bengals about that.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-06-2014, 7:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yeah Roberta since joing the NFC West the Hawks the Hawks are 13-11 against the Niners and tied 15-15 all time. I guess you have to come up with a different definition for "Owned" being a Cowbitches fan.

(Queue Roberta talking about the dusty ass trophies)
Winning the division at 7-9 is hardly something to brag about.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-06-2014, 11:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Here is a pic... not sure it was up to all the hype...

Ya that was a waste of money. At least the rest of the money raised went to helping local WA kids. That showed class on the niner's part.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-06-2014, 11:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Oh we got the memo. WE'RE 13-3 best in the NFC so logically, as you put it, we can run our mouths.

I find it very funny that you somehow think your smack talk is somehow different from ours. This is per your comment "its what comes out of their mouths". We have just as much right as any fan does to talk smack, stand up for or run your team down in a thread designed to do just that. People that can't hack it needn't apply.

Kaepernick was very fortunate that the pass that hit the GB defender in the hands was not picked. He may have had six there. Other than that he was pretty damn clutch coming down the stretch there.

With regards to the picture above I too thought that it makes no sense. Maybe if we take to routinely stabbing the opposing teams fans we'll be as cool as Niners fans.
I've never engaged in smack talkin in my whole life until this thread. I started reading it at about page 8 and after seeing how the whole thing was so weighted and seeing how hawk fans were just eclipsing the other posters, i thought I needed to help balance it out. That's why I chipped in. Robert was pretty much all by himself as the jester. I realized that no one was really giving it back to hawks fans, hence, me. Hope y'all don't get too butt hurt in the process. I love Seattle (minus the suicide weather and all of the lesbians) but I think you fans need lessons in humility. I realize winning at a high level is new territory for you guys but you need to be more conservative. That way you don't look like fools when a team like the Cards comes into your own house and schools you like they did. I don't mind the hawks being an awesome team. More power to ya. I just wish the fan base would simmer down a little and not be so cocky. There may be some Karma waitin... Maybe not.

Last edited by markj; 01-06-2014 at 11:42 PM.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-07-2014, 7:23 AM Reply   
San Diego was the most impressive of all the Wild Card weekend I believe. They have already beat Denver at home and are playing on a high. No saying they will be the super bowl-destined Broncos, but funny all the talk on Niners/Hawks, when teams like NO and SD are quietly getting it done. Brandy and Manning are sitting there and they are the threats, not Kap and Russell right now. That is no disrespect to the young men as they will go down as great QB's, but we have a few of the best QB's to ever play the game chomping at the bit. Also Luck appears to be on their path of pocket passers that can lead a team long term. I am a sports gambler first, football fan second and niner fan third so I am looking at the whole league and not jut one or two games.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-07-2014, 7:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Winning the division at 7-9 is hardly something to brag about.
And am bragging about that how? Did I mention it at all or make any inference towards it? Winning it that year was a joke. The only good thing about that year was we managed a playoff win against some team from New Orleans that won the super bowl the previous year. That was kinda fun.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-07-2014, 8:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
I've never engaged in smack talkin in my whole life until this thread. I started reading it at about page 8 and after seeing how the whole thing was so weighted and seeing how hawk fans were just eclipsing the other posters, i thought I needed to help balance it out. That's why I chipped in. Robert was pretty much all by himself as the jester. I realized that no one was really giving it back to hawks fans, hence, me. Hope y'all don't get too butt hurt in the process. I love Seattle (minus the suicide weather and all of the lesbians) but I think you fans need lessons in humility. I realize winning at a high level is new territory for you guys but you need to be more conservative. That way you don't look like fools when a team like the Cards comes into your own house and schools you like they did. I don't mind the hawks being an awesome team. More power to ya. I just wish the fan base would simmer down a little and not be so cocky. There may be some Karma waitin... Maybe not.
1.) I wouldn't judge all the fans based on a few loudmouths from a thread designed to perpetuate just that.

2.) Seahawks fans are loud and proud because the team makes us feal apart of the team. The players constantly reference the 12th man as a member of the team. Are we annoying to other teams? Probably no more so than opposing fans are to us

3.) Simmer down with the homophobic comments. My sister is a lesbian and it turns out so is her partner. I love them both and am glad they live back here in Seattle. (They formerly lived in the bay area.)

4.) We pick on Bobby, well because he deserves it
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-07-2014, 8:31 AM Reply   
"My sister is a lesbian and it turns out so is her partner"

Funniest thing I've read in weeks!

Robert's smack talk was funny early on, but now it's just desperate jabs from a desperate man looking for something to keep him going during the day. Smack talk should be coming from someone whose team has mad some sort of an impact in the last few years, or is on the way up, or at the very least, still involved in the current season! Coming from a cowboys fan, I tend to keep my mouth shut on this thread cuz the cowboys are an absolute embarrassment right now. Jerry jones at some point turned into Al Davis, and it sickens me.

I have been wrong most all season about everything that's been happening on Sundays. My prediction for this weekend is, whomever wins the niners panthers game, is going to rep the NFC in the sb. Now since I've said that, it shouldn't happen.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-07-2014, 8:51 AM Reply   
I'm a huge Hawks fan but this is pretty funny. Bill Burr hating on the Hawks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5Y4xvH5U3M
(there is some *choice language fyi)
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-07-2014, 8:56 AM Reply   
I am now switching to the Chargers... Gotta root for the AFC West (as long as it's not the Donkeys). Horrible sports weekend for me... Chiefs lose a heartbreaker, then my Jayhawks go down to SDSU at HOME.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-07-2014, 9:01 AM Reply   
Mark,

If you're ever in town and want to hook up for lunch hit me up. I work up and down the I5 corridor and it would be cool to put a face to a name.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-07-2014, 10:09 AM Reply   
As for the billboard, it's not even in Seattle, which is nothing but a hazard on I-5 to all the lookers. I don't think its even still flashing that ad anyway, that was 3 weeks ago! If it gave money to local charities, then they can pay to run it all year for all we care (Seahawks fans). Nothing really matters at this point, but if you win or lose......
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-07-2014, 1:40 PM Reply   
Haha, click here for an awesome article in the Washington Post about the Seachickens!

"A fan could fall in love with them, except that they’re already so in love with themselves.

The wide receivers signal first down after every catch. The linebackers pound their chests after every defensive stop. It’s a miracle half the team isn’t on injured reserve from spraining their arms trying to pat themselves on the back."
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-07-2014, 1:56 PM Reply   
^^^HAHA that is funny stuff. Mr. Chad must be watching too much Redskins football, he's probably not used to seeing 1st downs or defensive stops. Every player in the NFL celebrates after a positive play. Guys like Barry Sanders & Steve Largent don't exist in the NFL these days. We can all thank Deion Sanders for that.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-07-2014, 1:59 PM Reply   
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjkiebus/rea...le-seahawks-to
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-07-2014, 2:07 PM Reply   
Act like it's not your first time!
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-07-2014, 2:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Get some Antiques then you will cherish them. The only reason you call them antiques is your jealous you don't have any to show off. As for owning the NFC West Seattle made it to 2 Championship GAMES Won 1 and lost 1.SF 49ers made it to 2 Championship games Won 1 and lost one. Both teams lost in their Super Bowl bids. One and done is not considered owning the division.Just ask the Eagles,Packers and Bengals about that.
As posted already on page 15. Facts pretty much say it all. You can have your antique hardware:

Since joining the NFC West the Hawks have won about half of the Division titles, with the other half spread amongst the other 3 teams.
Update the stats for this year and that is 6 Division titles, 8 playoff appearances and a record of 116-89.
What else can you call that but "owning the division"... I mean I guess if you prefer a term such as "dominating" instead that is cool.
Attached Images

Old     (chillinoj)      Join Date: May 2009       01-07-2014, 2:52 PM Reply   
I cant wait to see how the hawks finish out this post season, because all the talk on here is just crazy

Anyway my picks for the rest of the post season:

Pats over indy
Seattle over saints (They were pretty lucky to make it through phili)
SF over carolina ( I just have more faith in San Fran's D than I do in cam)
Denver over chargers (Manning won't let em down till the AFC championship game)

Then...

Pats over Denver (pulling for these guys to keep winning despite the crazy amount of injuries this year)
SF finally puts a muzzle on all those fans... well till next year

And unfortunately as much as it'll sucks I cant see the pats(or anybody in the AFC) getting past SF (or seattle either...) The NFC is just crazy good this year
Old     (larry1167)      Join Date: Jun 2010       01-07-2014, 3:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeworld View Post
Act like it's not your first time!
Exactly... I think Jerry Rice said that and he lived up to it. I believe he also said he'd be in the end zone again soon so it was no big deal. GOAT
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-07-2014, 4:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeworld View Post
Haha, click here for an awesome article in the Washington Post about the Seachickens!

"A fan could fall in love with them, except that they’re already so in love with themselves.

The wide receivers signal first down after every catch. The linebackers pound their chests after every defensive stop. It’s a miracle half the team isn’t on injured reserve from spraining their arms trying to pat themselves on the back."

Yeah that has been talked about on the local sports talk radio shows and I read the article after receiving and alert from Bleachers Report or the like. There's some funny stuff there but who the hell reads Norman Chad anyway. I did like the part where he says that Richard Sherman is the only Stanford graduate to earn a degree in trash talking. Oddly enough his degree is in communications.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-07-2014, 4:36 PM Reply   
I'd concur with Darren show me one team that doesn't have a receiver or two that do this. Hell watch Steve Smith catch an 8 yard slant this weekend and he'll act as if he's invented fire. For the record its pretty much just Golden that does this on the Hawks, I don't really have a problem with it if it jacks them and the fans up. We live in a hyped up world these days it is what it is. I'd say you can thank Ric Flair In the same breath though I greatly respect the guys, like Larry Fitzgerald, that catch a TD and immediately look for the ref to hand the ball to him.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-07-2014, 5:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
I'd concur with Darren show me one team that doesn't have a receiver or two that do this. Hell watch Steve Smith catch an 8 yard slant this weekend and he'll act as if he's invented fire. For the record its pretty much just Golden that does this on the Hawks, I don't really have a problem with it if it jacks them and the fans up. We live in a hyped up world these days it is what it is. I'd say you can thank Ric Flair In the same breath though I greatly respect the guys, like Larry Fitzgerald, that catch a TD and immediately look for the ref to hand the ball to him.
These guys are getting paid $$$$$$$$ to play a friggin game. How much do they need to "jack" themselves up to be motivated? You don't catch the ball, most these idiots are on the streets. How's that for motivation? All this nonsense about celebrations, pointing at your name on your jersey. It's so fricking lame. Watched that freshman from FSU run that kick back like 100 yards last night. Huge, huge play. Gets on the sidelines and starts showboating, points at his jersey. That stuff is so low class, and I hate how it goes on at every level now.

I love larry Fitzgerald for his class, and his game. He's a true pro, and I wish more kids would look to him for inspiration nowadays, instead of all the ghetto thugs who make it all about them.

If you want to trash talk during a game, cool. But the dancing, first down signals, sb needs to go.

End rant.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-07-2014, 5:48 PM Reply   
I love how we the fans are allowed to smack talk, dress up, prance around and puff our chests out and it's considered perfectly acceptable. For some reason the players ( the ones that are actually playing the sport) should tender a meek resignation and humble themselves when they are successful on the field???

Oh... and by the way... Jerry Rice... Any hall of famer that willingly signs up for and participates in Dancing With the Stars has ZERO room for criticism of athletes who are currently playing the game.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-07-2014, 6:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
I love how we the fans are allowed to smack talk, dress up, prance around and puff our chests out and it's considered perfectly acceptable. For some reason the players ( the ones that are actually playing the sport) should tender a meek resignation and humble themselves when they are successful on the field???

Oh... and by the way... Jerry Rice... Any hall of famer that willingly signs up for and participates in Dancing With the Stars has ZERO room for criticism of athletes who are currently playing the game.
It's called professionalism. Your a Pro,you get paid to act and conduct yourself as a professional. I have the greatest respect for Barry Sanders,Peyton Manning and Jerry Rice for their professionalism. Emmitt Smith won dancing with the stars and i think he is well respected among NFL players. I'm not saying he was as good as Jim Brown, Walter Payton or Barry Sanders,just well respected.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-07-2014, 8:57 PM Reply   
Quote:

Fans live vicariously through their teams. Were allowed to live in a fantasy world (fantasy sports anyone?). Ever talk to any pro athletes about fantasy sports? It's hysterical. Although somewhat hypocritical. I know most every baseball team has fantasy football leagues. Either way, fans dressing up (lame, IMO), talking sheet on the boards is completely different than a first round draft pick who makes $5 million a year to play a GAME, act like a pro when he scores a touchdown when he's down by 27 points late in the 4th quarter.

Sorry for run on sentence.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-07-2014, 9:50 PM Reply   
KAP was without his mojo. Greg Roman had not yet caught a clue.

And, this...
Attached Images

Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-08-2014, 4:08 AM Reply   
Not having a Super Bowl Trophy and expecting respect from other NFL fans is like Not having a college education and expecting to get a job requiring one. It doesn't matter how many years ago you got your Trophy or your diploma ,you have it so you meet the requirements and get respect!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-08-2014, 8:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
It's called professionalism. Your a Pro,you get paid to act and conduct yourself as a professional.
I think it should be a penalty if a player doesn't just set the ball down where they were tackled or they must hand it to the ref... the insane amount of celebration for what is generally a meaningless play is out of control.

.... seriously, a team will be down by 21 points, someone gets a tackle or first down and they go crazy, its just stupid. Now if your tackle is the one that cause a team to give up the ball on 4th down meaning your team takes a knee and wins, fine, go nuts.

From Vince Lombardi:
When you go into the endzone, act like you've been there before.
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-08-2014, 8:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Not having a Super Bowl Trophy and expecting respect from other NFL fans is like Not having a college education and expecting to get a job requiring one. It doesn't matter how many years ago you got your Trophy or your diploma ,you have it so you meet the requirements and get respect!
This analogy would only make sense if it were the same players on the team each year. A more appropriate analogy would be that "it's like someone in your family tree getting a diploma" that way younger generations could free-ride off of older generations success, exactly like you continue to claim with the 49ers
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-08-2014, 9:21 AM Reply   
I hated the way the Chargers would be down by 30 points, but Junior Seau would celebrate every good play like he had just won the Super Bowl. That being said, I would never support a rule against reasonable celebrations. That's how you know who the tools are. I'm a fan of the humble players, but I'm sure some people are fans of the cocky players. It is, after all, entertainment and if you think you'll make more money when you sign your next contract by putting on a "show," then you have my blessing to do so. As a coach, I'd be more inclined to pay more money for a humble player that does his job well than a cocky player that would probably be able to do his job a little better if he added some humility to his repertoire.
Old    sperbet            01-08-2014, 10:05 AM Reply   
There's a difference between reasonable celebrations and this...

Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-08-2014, 11:23 AM Reply   
^^^HAHAHA that was awesome!!! I don't think I've ever seen some many flags. If I'm honest with myself I'd probably hate Golden Tate and Richard Sherman if they played on any other team but lucky for me they are on the Hawks. So I'll look past their antics as long as they keep scoring TDs and catching INTs.

At least Golden didn't pull out a Sharpie and sign the ball or go spike it at the 50 yard line. That takes a true clown. T.O. my favorite diva WR ever, from crying over his QB to doing pushups in his driveway. No wonder he played for SF and Dallas.
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-08-2014, 1:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sperbet View Post
There's a difference between reasonable celebrations and this...

Fair... it's notable that in the rematch they ran almost the exact same play and the same thing happened and Tate scored a TD again... this time he just ran into the endzone and tossed the ball to the ref with a smile.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-08-2014, 1:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
This analogy would only make sense if it were the same players on the team each year. A more appropriate analogy would be that "it's like someone in your family tree getting a diploma" that way younger generations could free-ride off of older generations success, exactly like you continue to claim with the 49ers
It's the longshoreman mentality...

So embarrassed that Seattle is the only team that seemingly over celebrates and acts classless. From the sounds of it we created the behavior. As a fan I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the Hawks and the entire city. We will do our best to sit quietly in the stands and make sure to let our players know when they act inappropriately.

"F" that...
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-08-2014, 4:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Franchises are the same franchise unless your talking about Oakland/Los Angeles or Cleveland/Baltimore or Baltimore/Indianapolis.A college Graduate is still a college graduate whether their 22 or 52.This whole discussion is moot because Seattle hasn't ever done anything worth talking about.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-08-2014, 6:50 PM Reply   
Ever heard of Boeing, Microsoft, Amazon, Starbucks, etc. Seattle's done a lot of great things worth discussing.

Dan Marino, Barry Sanders, Bruce Smith, Warren Moon, Jim Kelly, Eric Dickerson, etc.

None of them have won a Super Bowl. By your logic (I'm obviously using that term loosely) they shouldnt get respect from NFL fans.

In the end I seriously wouldn't want your respect Robert because I don't think you actually know how to have respect for others. You're a misanthropic narcissist.