Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-18-2008, 12:01 AM Reply   
Remember that shot of the surf wake with like 3 girls in the boat that got shot down as being shopped... this came up one youtube and it looks legit... they said stock ballast and just the few in the boat... I'm impressed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEQCSpuV-38&feature=related
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-18-2008, 6:48 AM Reply   
That photo was definitely not shopped. I actually thought you guys were joking when you were saying it was.
MB's have always been "legit" including all 3 new models. IMHO, its only the lack of a dealer nationwide dealer network that is holding them back.
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-18-2008, 8:52 PM Reply   
That and they look terrible.
Old     (wakevb)      Join Date: Feb 2008       11-19-2008, 5:30 AM Reply   
Haterade. I can't stand when people just chime in with negativity about something they don't even own.

Alan, of the MB line up the F21 to me is the odd one out for sure, but I have seen Mike's Big Tomcat and its a hot boat. I have a buddy who doesnt own a boat and road behind about 10 different boats this summer. He claimed the tomcat was the best of the group even over an Xstar....oooooohhhhh ahhhhhh. The B23 boats with the right color combination are extremely nice looking boats in my opinion. There are a few on gaston that are definitley eye catchers and they look sick for surfing!

Keep chugging Alan!
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-19-2008, 6:08 AM Reply   
Agreed, I did not pull one rider this year who had anything bad to say about the Tomcat. In fact, everyone was pretty amazed by the wake and the entire boat in general.

And Andrew, I disagree and I personally think a lot of the "popular" boats are boring. to each his own. But thanks for chiming in with your comments. They really add to the quality of this thread.
Old     (codespanker)      Join Date: Jun 2008       11-19-2008, 7:32 PM Reply   
I got an MB B52V this year and I couldn't be happier - even though there is no dealer in my state. My local Nautique/Tige dealer has been more than happy to service and perform the 1 piece of waranty work I needed and MB were easy to work with. I love the fact it's the only boat like it on the lake and as far as looks you can keep you stickers - my in gelcoat, hand painted design is not only unique but it won't peel off in 2 years.
With 1800 lbs of built in ballast the wake is great for surfing, but also is doable for skiing for my wife.
Fit, finish and the quality of the materials are top notch, and i hate to say it but it makes my buddies X2 look kind of cheap.

My opinion of course, but I'm kind of glad they only make 300 boats a year - keeps he attention to detail and you still get to talk to the owner if you have a question.
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-23-2008, 1:19 AM Reply   
To those above:
Sorry if my opinion wasn't positive, I haven't dropped 60k on this boat yet.

Seriously though, I got nothing against the wake, it looks beefy. I love reading about the next great wakesurf boat. But daaaamn, that nose...