Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (bwog21)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-17-2007, 9:21 AM Reply   
My timing is good but i get sent into a raley then head over heels everytime, any help i think it is because i get off my edge before i hit it.
Old     (fuller313)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-17-2007, 9:32 AM Reply   
Make sure to keep the board underneath you when you hit. You might be letting the board get a little behind you which could easily send you into a raley.
Old     (jwat142)      Join Date: Jan 2002       03-17-2007, 9:36 AM Reply   
Make sure to keep the handle low around your waist. When it starts creeping up around your chest is when it's gonna pull you forward.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-17-2007, 9:48 AM Reply   
Bryan, I agree with Jeff, you might be getting a little behind when you go off the wake. You dont have to stay on your edge all the to the wake for a dub, or even on regular wake moves. There are some good points on this in the WBM that just came out.

Good Luck
Old     (bwog21)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-17-2007, 10:58 AM Reply   
thanks i guys i think i know what you mean, i can see me letting the board get behind trying to hit the peak, im probably to early
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       03-17-2007, 11:08 AM Reply   
Also, how are you edging in for a double up? Some of the pros don't even edge in very hard. They time it by slowly going over the first wake, then speed up as the go over the second wake, then by the time they hit the 3rd wake their speed is just right.

I used to fly into double-ups and either miss them or totally get thrown off because I was coming in to fast.

I would say once you get used to them, you can start coming in at a faster pace.

my two cents. :-)
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-17-2007, 3:29 PM Reply   
Yeah you pretty much want to aim at the second or third peak. The third will be a little larger. What you do is you eddge out just a little bit and start drifting, once you get in the trough before the peak you wanna hit you just edge like normal. Make sure to extend all the way off the top and stay in a strong position, do that and you will be boosting w2w everytime.
Old     (dnp33)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-18-2007, 3:51 PM Reply   
off topic but how do you drive for double ups. i think im doing it right, but im not sure cause ive heard different stuff
Old     (bwog21)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-18-2007, 6:53 PM Reply   
strait, then sharp left about 80 degrees, turn hit the wake going the same way you came, works for us
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       03-18-2007, 7:20 PM Reply   
The most common approaches are to cross the wakes at 45 or close to 90 degrees.

I prefer a 90ish approach.
Old     (dnp33)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-18-2007, 8:19 PM Reply   
so turn out to one direction, then just turn back all the way around to hit your old wake?
Old     (bwog21)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-19-2007, 11:15 AM Reply   
kind of like a backwards question mark ?
Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-20-2007, 1:03 PM Reply   
David,
I keep a laminated copy of this in boat for drivers.Upload