Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old    stoked409            08-20-2006, 5:55 PM Reply   
Just wanted to say hi to everyone! I'm a local surfer and its been flat for a month, but here lately ive been wakeboarding. Got into the sport about a year ago and love it. Im no ripper, and would love to hear any helpful advice that anybody can give me.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-20-2006, 6:01 PM Reply   
Welcome to Wakeworld... What kind of advice are you looking for?
Old    stoked409            08-20-2006, 6:05 PM Reply   
any kind!!!!

dude check this vid out...its driving me crazy bro...i have to get one of these!

http://www.malibuboats.com/files/video/2006/Wake23LSV.MPG
Old    stoked409            08-20-2006, 6:08 PM Reply   
i wanna know everything!! best board, best boat, current world champ, best bindings, best lifevest, etc...

I'm from beaumont, Texas and was also wondering where most on this board are from?

Like i said....any advice would be helpful..
Old    stoked409            08-20-2006, 6:13 PM Reply   
i can surf, but i wanna ripp behind the boat...
help me out guys..

Upload
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-20-2006, 6:14 PM Reply   
well we all know that CWB makes the best boards and bindings, and Mastercraft makes the best boat, but I'll let someone else finish the rest
Old    stoked409            08-20-2006, 6:27 PM Reply   
CWB?? I've heard of like hyperlite and liquid force, and thought hyperlite was the best?? Mastercraft's are better than malibu's? Bro im telling you, im a kook to wakeboarding.

surfing is a different story though! i can tell you anything and everything about surfing..i competed in texas and travel the world in search of perfect waves. costa rica, el salvador, mexico, cali, panama, east coast of florida, etc..
im also one of the best surf forecasters on this texas coast, so if anybody needs any advice on when to go and where, im your man to ask.

surfing, skating, wakeboarding, etc...

as long as i can boost an air, im there!!!
Old    stoked409            08-20-2006, 6:32 PM Reply   
im so bored...

Upload
Upload
Old     (dmcguirt23)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-20-2006, 6:42 PM Reply   
dude, where do you surf in beaumont? i'm from Lake Charles and the surf in Cameron sucksssss unless a hurricane is coming in. i've never surfed before, thats just what i hear from some guys that surf in LC. have you ridden at Don's lake in Vidor yet? that place is tight!
Old    stoked409            08-20-2006, 6:51 PM Reply   
i surf meacoms pier in high island! is about 30 minutes east of galveston. thats where the pics are from. yeah, la doesnt get much surf if any.

don's lake...naw not yet...

been going to pine street in beaumont on the neches river...

ill have to try that place..
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-21-2006, 8:09 AM Reply   
The answer about best *insert piece of gear here* comes down to you. What you look for in your product defines what is best for you.

Some will tell you one is best because they've become jaded over service or quality of a product while the next person uses the same product and has great service and quality. So "best" is all in the personal opinion of each of us.

Regardless of what's best, welcome to the world of wakeboarding! It's a unique community that shares landlocked love from coast to coast. I've been fortunate enough to have travelled from Canada a few times into North/Central California to meet many of these great people! You see posts all the time about people taking road trips cross country, cross continent, or to a destination and they have brothers and sisters helping them out and hooking them up with pulls.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-21-2006, 8:32 AM Reply   
whats up bro. i'm up in Tyler. there's not too many riders on here from Tx so I thought I would drop a line. We ride a couple times a week if you ever get up this way. Shoot me a PM on here (click on name for profile, see bottom off page) if you get a chance to come up a ride.

gear, boats, vests: you will find people that both love and hate companies for different reasons. you can get a good idea from other people experiences, but you have to decide for yourself, so keep on open mind. Personally: Mastercraft, liquid force, jetpilot.

have fun man
Old    stoked409            08-21-2006, 8:38 AM Reply   
jeffery thanks bro.. nice to get a warm welcome

also...nacho, i would like to ride with you guys some time. i like meeting new people and i surely need some pointers.

stay in touch bro...
Old     (dmcguirt23)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-21-2006, 9:28 PM Reply   
yeah. Don's lake is the SETx Wakeboard Lake so if you hear of a tournament over there you should go check it out. and i would invite you to come ride in Lake Charles with us, but we're leaving for school in a week, so i wont be riding much next week.
Old    stoked409            08-22-2006, 7:57 AM Reply   
cool....

school where?

i go to lamar bmt..
Old     (dmcguirt23)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-22-2006, 9:45 AM Reply   
LA Tech.
Old    stoked409            08-22-2006, 10:11 AM Reply   
awesome....

yeah keep in touch bro...

you look like your killin it from your pic..

i would like to come watch that!
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-22-2006, 10:14 AM Reply   
stoked, demo everything, board, boat, bindings, don't buy anything which you don't know how it will perform. since you surf, get an inboard boat because you might eventually want to surf behind your boat
Old    stoked409            08-22-2006, 11:43 AM Reply   
aight!
Old     (briand)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-23-2006, 2:56 PM Reply   
Up north, you KNOW that Malibu owns mastercraft and Ronix is taking over!!! J.K. man. it is all personal preference sp?
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-23-2006, 3:23 PM Reply   
Welcome Stoked 409, I come from a surfing background as well grew up in Southern Cal and now I am in Texas (Fort Worth area)I own a boardshop if you are ever in the area, let me know and we can take you out for some pulls either on a wakeboard or we can do some wakesurfin.
Late
Jeff (innov8)