Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old     (scooby76)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-20-2006, 6:20 PM Reply   
K2 wakeboards, Just didn't have a handle on the industry.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       08-20-2006, 7:45 PM Reply   
I see, I see. I just remember seeing some ads in old issues of wbm or something, and they were also promoting his heelstrap.

Hey, are you going to be at nats this week, or will you not be in WI??

troy, sound is a good one! I have the hoody and t-shirt to go with the hat.:-)

How about...millenium. hahahaha. The list will never end...
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       08-20-2006, 8:02 PM Reply   
Chef,
I won't be in WI for the Nationals this year. Wish I was though. Hope all is well with you.
Old     (johnm_ttu)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-20-2006, 8:15 PM Reply   
alpine boats
Old     (boomerang)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-20-2006, 8:23 PM Reply   
Ski scats,
Just sold mine on E-bay
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-21-2006, 6:16 AM Reply   
ive got one if your gonna mention Jocko and waketv then give mad props to the old boarding clothes company called Y2Kp they were the first to use the hoochieglide logo on their clothes/Hats..

they supported a lot of tournaments and had some great stuff..
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       08-21-2006, 3:32 PM Reply   
collin wright boards.

(to ryan) I thought that might be the case, but I thought I'd check anyway. And I hope things are well with you as well!
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-21-2006, 3:40 PM Reply   
I was waiting for millenium! still have one of the old yellow and black one with some yellow and black double up bindings!!
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-21-2006, 4:12 PM Reply   
This brings back so many memories of scouring catalogs and magazines back in the day.

Laying around I've got:
Wake Tech Big Air with sandal wraps
Full Tilt Cobe pro model with Sub Rosa's
Blindside Charley Pro with Hyperlite High Back

Currently ride:
CWB Absolute Platinum w' LF Pro Sucs
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-21-2006, 4:25 PM Reply   
"Laying around I've got:
Wake Tech Big Air with sandal wraps
Full Tilt Cobe pro model with Sub Rosa's
Blindside Charley Pro with Hyperlite High Back"

For the longest time, a Blindside Charlie Pro with subrosas was the board I learned most of my tricks on. For some reason I could learn anything on that Charlie, well after I had started riding other boards
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-21-2006, 4:33 PM Reply   
Inspired by Kevin

Wake Tech Flight 69 with Mac Wraps
Original CWB Zane with Mac Wraps
Blindside Charlie Pro with Subrosas
Double up Nelson honeycomb with Double up Clamps
LF Trip w/DU clamps(same as the nelson)
CWB Zane with Cannons
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-21-2006, 5:52 PM Reply   
Jeff- that's an awesome lineup. I remember how badly I wanted the LF trip 138!
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-21-2006, 6:00 PM Reply   
"Jeff- that's an awesome lineup. I remember how badly I wanted the LF trip 138!"

I still got one!!! That board always seemed a little flat, but ripped. It carved hard. I never used it to the fullest.

Most of these hang in my garage, some are beyond riding (namely the original CWB Zane, which came apart). The Blindside to this day is my fav, hands down. Prior to my injury, I have thought about putting my late model LF Transits on it. I liked it that much.

Now with the injury (no air in my future), I'll stick with a big Hyperlite Motive. It seems to be the easiest, most predictable and smoothist board.
Old     (dmcguirt23)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-21-2006, 9:39 PM Reply   
what about that personal skier that Gerry Nunn endorsed? it may have already been said, but it was the one with the controls in the handle and you could go by youself. there was an ad or a picture in an article of Nunn doing a tantrum behind it.
Old     (airfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-22-2006, 10:05 AM Reply   
Here's one to remember... Constantly entering your profile in Wakeworld every time Dave updated the site.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-22-2006, 11:45 AM Reply   
waketech is evidentally "back"
http://www.wileyski.com/wakeboards/boards-492.htm
Old     (jonfo)      Join Date: May 2002       08-22-2006, 1:30 PM Reply   
The personal ski thing was called Solo. I wonder if anyone still has one.
Old     (jonfo)      Join Date: May 2002       08-22-2006, 1:57 PM Reply   
The personal ski thing was called Solo. I wonder if anyone still has one.