Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 21, 2006

Old     (drewdown)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-11-2006, 11:16 AM Reply   
800 lbs of factory ballast isnt enough for me anymore. Therefore I want to order some sacs but not sure where to start. Right now with the ballast full and the trim up it makes a nice steep wake, but not as big as I would like.

I figure 800 lbs more should start me off right. Dont know where to put them or what to order. Can someone help me out?

Thanks
Old     (jonfo)      Join Date: May 2002       07-11-2006, 12:24 PM Reply   
make sure you get the fly high x-series sacs.
Old     (drewdown)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-11-2006, 12:34 PM Reply   
about to order the fly high pro x bow sac, not sure which other ones to order. I would imagine a set of the v-drive sacs as well for the rear lockers and I should be good to go?

I only need one pump for all of them?
Old     (jonfo)      Join Date: May 2002       07-11-2006, 12:40 PM Reply   
I have the v-drive sacs and the big ski locker sac in my 2005 sv 211 TE. You can buy the $100 fly high pump and goof around filling them and emptying them every time you go out, or just go get a Jabsco Ballast Puppy for $200 and permanently wire and plumb it in. You will probably need another $100 for 1 inch inside diameter hose and valves, but it is worth it. By the way, make SURE you plumb it with 1 inch inside diameter hose as the flow will be much higher. i can give you details if needed.
Old     (drewdown)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-11-2006, 12:50 PM Reply   
I appreciate your help man. I will contact you offline if I need more details. Right now I am looking for something quick and easy.
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       07-11-2006, 7:39 PM Reply   
That boat is a monster. 800lbs wont do much IMO. Throw the 750lb fat sacs in the back v-drive lockers and the 710lb bow sac in front. That will get you set up right. Forget the jabsco ballast puppies. They are slow. 600gph I would get some 1500 or 2000 gph Rules they end up to be around the same price, and some check valves.
David
Old     (drewdown)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-12-2006, 5:48 AM Reply   
Yeah I know is a monster. But with a lot of weight it throws a nice wake.

I am planning on going that route. Check valves? What do they do?
Old     (jonfo)      Join Date: May 2002       07-12-2006, 10:13 AM Reply   
The reversible self-priming jabsco pumps are so one can plumb it permanently into an existing water pickup and just hit a switch on dash to fill or empty, even while riding. with the rule 2000s you have to hook and unhook them and you cant move the boat while filling and emptying. to save money just get the rule 2000 and call it done, but you have the work to fill and empty every day forever.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-12-2006, 11:06 AM Reply   
check valves restrict the flow to one direction only
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       07-12-2006, 5:00 PM Reply   
If you run a check valve between the intake and your filling rule pump it will stop water back flowing through the pump and draining the bag. You then run a second pump to drain. No conecting or disconecting needed. Hell you can run both pumps to the same switch and you'll never know the difference between the rules and the jabscos expect that the rules will fill your bags three times faster and you dont have to worry about impellers. The rules are the same style as the tsunamis but they are made by a different company and offer faster pumps. Up to 3700gph with 1 1/2 fittings.
Old     (jcocci)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-12-2006, 6:17 PM Reply   
So as long as we're talking about dialing in a wake, have you been able to set up a decent surf wake behind the X30?
Old     (drewdown)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-13-2006, 6:01 AM Reply   
I havent even tried to surf behind it yet. But I am able to get a decent surf wake with a bunch of people in the boat. I will take a picture of it this weekend.
Old     (jonfo)      Join Date: May 2002       07-13-2006, 10:26 AM Reply   
The Rule bilge pumps are non-self priming so they have to be submerged or within 2" of the water source or they wont start pumping. If you have them on hose and throw over the side you can't fill sacs while moving.
Old     (xesstar)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-14-2006, 1:29 AM Reply   
I used to have an x-30. We used fill the standard ballast, then put one 600lb fat sac inside the seating area resting against the foot well of the rear seats and put another 600lb fat sac in the bow (we never had people sitting in the bow cos it was too cold) That made a sick wake.
I hope that helps.
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       07-14-2006, 6:39 PM Reply   
You can uses the rules just as you've seen many people use the tsunamies, make some kind of manifold that is connected to you existing thru hull ballast intake. connect that to the pumps and then through a check valve to the bags. For the drain pumps i mount them on the lowest point of the compartment that the bags are in.