Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old    260searay            02-11-2005, 2:12 PM Reply   
I have only been out about 5 times and love it. Lake Erie is frozen now so it will be awhile but i want to get a new board. I have an obrien science with link bindings and the bindings a horrible. I have the biggest size and my toes hang out and go numb after just 15min. of riding. I want a liquid force board and i am thinking about alphas or sphynx. I see the omega comes with alphas. I am 6'2 205 size 12 shoe. also a rookie but want good gear. any suggestions?
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-11-2005, 5:26 PM Reply   
man you can't go wrong with that LF setup. I don't know how that board rides but I want to ride one really bad, and the Alphas are a very good boot. Liquid Force could make the MSRP on that boot like $350 and it would probably still sell.
Old    260searay            02-11-2005, 5:33 PM Reply   
thats cool i am thinking about that package really. What size would i need in the alphas 12 shoe and pretty wide foot too.
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-11-2005, 5:45 PM Reply   
Chris, if you are thinking about a package deal, check out CWB. They have the best bindings for the money in their packages.
Old    wakeboardn4life            02-11-2005, 6:09 PM Reply   
chris you would need a size XL i ride the alphas and love them there so comfy
Old    260searay            02-12-2005, 3:33 AM Reply   
all right thanks i am thinking about that omega. thought about the team which comes with sphynx but really dont need to spend the extra cash since the omega has good bindings.
Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       02-12-2005, 7:47 AM Reply   
just to let you know if you already didnt, bindings arnt limited to brand, for example hyperlite bindings can go on a liquid force or obrien board or any other board for that matter and vice-versa. but i dont think you could go wrong with the omega and alphas.
Old    260searay            02-12-2005, 10:09 AM Reply   
what about the LF team/sphynx package is that a good board?
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-12-2005, 5:56 PM Reply   
the Team is also a very good board. It's based off the trip. The trip was a revolutionary board when it was first released, and it's still considered an awesome board, but to be perfectly honest, I think the Omega would be a little more friendly to someone such as yourself. Good luck chris.