Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-20-2004, 10:53 AM Reply   
I met sooo many cool people here I just wanted to say thanks to everybody!

Teri and Lyndsey you were the 1st people on my boat!!

DOC OC ~ The best rider behind my boat or that I've seen!

Mike ~ The easiest going guy.(Congrats for soon coming of SAN)

Heather Brooks ~ Very cool Girl!!

Walt ~ Didn't get to ride with you yet but looking forward too it!

Troy Lindstrom ~ You RIP in rough water.You are a FUN guy and also made me feel comfortable on your boat..NICE BOAT BTW!!

Thanedogg ~ In person you are one cool cat.I wanted to see you and your girl ride!!

Eric Webb ~ You showed me Vail lake and your nice SSV,but your little man got me thinking about KIDS,the cutest little guy chearing his dad on!

Jeff(SoCalwakepunk) ~ You seem cool,we definetly need to ride and hang out more.

Joe Umali & Frankie ~ What can I say.On the net you seem alittle arragant Joe but in person you and your girl frankie are really,really fun people to be around.(I recommend Joe & Frankie as a 3rd and 4th to anybody,you will have a fun day with Joe and Frankie...I gaurooonty)

Christy Fitsher ~ I hope I spelled your name right! I met you last sat. and you look like you are ALL about fun!!Definetly got to hit up one of those parties you were talking about!

Last and definetly not least

J-Rod and Evan Brown ~ Evan you are one sick rider and got A FULL BAG OF TRICKS.
J-Rod you made me feel really comfortable in your boat and THANKS for that.You are a sick rider also.I didn't think that I could feel so comfortable in somebody else's boat!You seem like my type of person and can't wait to ride with you again!!you have one nice LSV!Ohh Evan,that M3 SWEEEET!!

I SURE HOPE I DIDN"T FORGET ANYONE!!!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-20-2004, 11:37 AM Reply   
props to you, ed, for taking people out...especially frankie and me.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-20-2004, 12:33 PM Reply   
Ohh I can't believe I forgot to mention Cathy and her friend Sue,tried wakeskating with them 1st.and you guy friend that brought the wakeboard racks last time(Iforgot his name)he was cool too.

Thanks Joe Bring your CD cuzz next time...you'll see,just need to find room for all that stuff!!
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-20-2004, 12:36 PM Reply   
ohh and TROY thanks for introducing me to wakesurfing!!

Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-20-2004, 12:37 PM Reply   
Reed was his name.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-20-2004, 12:43 PM Reply   
Ohh yeah Reed,Thanks bug!!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-20-2004, 1:35 PM Reply   
Ed....You and Ant are both cool A$$ Mo-fo's. You guys are welcome to ride with us anytime. Hit us up when you guys are up here during the summer (or, I guess, during the winter....)

I want to hear those wicked looking speakers you picked up. Sorry I had to split early and missed you guys riding, but it sounds like you had fun (until one un-named rider soaked the boat )

Peace out guys. I'm sure we'll see you around soon.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       12-20-2004, 1:49 PM Reply   
I love posts like this!! Great to see all the love!
Old    wakebabe31            12-20-2004, 2:08 PM Reply   
Hey Big Ed,

Have you ever met Rene. He's one of the coolest boat owners in the delta. Every time me and Jack go on his boat we laugh our butts off. A total fun to be around guy. He took us for a pull one time when he was on crutches and couldn't even ride. How cool is that?
Old    walt            12-20-2004, 2:58 PM Reply   
Ed and Anthony, We need to hook up this summer for sure !
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       12-20-2004, 3:03 PM Reply   
I second that, Wakeworlders (is that a word?) are a great bunch of people. I've been lucky enough to meet a few you, and there is quite a few I've known for a long time.

Jeff Frew and family - My #1 WakeWorld Homie. Thanks for always looking out for me and one of my all time favorite people to ride with. Jeff you Da Man!

Thane - I always have a good time riding with you. Can't wait to do it again. Thane you da Man also.

Joe Umali - I had a great time with you a Frankie behind Jeff's boat, you guys had me laughing all day. I would have to say that it was one of my top riding days of 2004. Hopefully we can do it again. BTW: It's all about white board shorts.

Robyn Valdez and the rest of Team Valdez - Robyn is the one of the sweetest ladies in the world. My Mom would love the fact that you show me so much love and care at our tournaments, you are the greatest. I don't have to tell you how I feel about the rest of the family, I'm sure you know.

Aaron Davis - You don't post much but I know you are lurkin' out there somewhere, another all out nice guy, and fun person to ride with.

Damien Klass - Awesome rider, and great person, with funnier wakeboarding stories than anyone I know.

Jared Couch - Insane rider and lots of fun to hang out with.

Stephan H. - Sorry I can never remember how to spell your last name. You seem like a really cool guy, although we have yet to meet. I don't think I have ever heard you say something here that didn't hit the nail on the head. Hopefully we get together sometime when I'm up your way.

Ed & Ant (toeside bug) - I haven't met you guys yet all though I feel like I pretty much know you. You guys always make me laugh and I can't wait to hook-up with you and ride sometime.

Over all I feel Wakeworld definitely has the community / family feeling going on. Thanks to all of the WakeWorld users for always brightening up my days here at work. And big thanks to Dave for all the hard work and for putting up with all of our BS.

P.S. If I've left anyone out..........Sorry.
Old    jetgofish            12-20-2004, 8:24 PM Reply   
Ed and Bug - Thank you and I'm glad we showed you a good time on the Delta. We definately need to catch up again on the water. Lets not forget my big 3-0 Bash in Mammoth can't wait to slide with you guys.....

Hugs
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-20-2004, 9:41 PM Reply   
David Williams ~ That's all there ever is!!
Shawn Wilson ~ Start your own thread!!!lol
Gina Moore ~ No I haven't but from what you say,I should.BTW nice profile!!
Evan ~ It was still all good,I was just really surprized that J-Rod was SO cool headed!and I meen that literaly.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-21-2004, 8:22 AM Reply   
Great Post Ed. I enjoyed hanging out with you and Ant Bug also. By the end of the day, I felt like I had known you guys for a lot longer than one day. If anyone out there wants to meet up with some cool new riders, I highly recommend hooking up with Ant Bug and Big Ed. These are good people.

Most of the people I now ride with are ALL as a result of Wakeworld. Because of this site I have a lot more friends. People think I'm crazy for inviting so many strangers out on my boat (unseen), but I have yet to be disappointed.

Here are a few people I have ridden with thanks to Wakeworld. Some of these riders are my regular crew now:

Arun
Anne Michelle
Jason Callen
Heather
Rene
Billy Tonis
Evan Brown
Alan
Dave Cervenka
Matt VonDeRae
The whole San Mateo Lagoon crew: Wilson, Jay, etc....
Justin and Craig Butinsky
Derek and Tom Conway
Scott Ferwerda
Christie Fisher
Big Ed
Ant Bug
Kevin Bird
Greg (CBW Rider)
Walt
Sean
Kami
Wes
Aaron Neilsen and the GoWakin crew

Forgive me if I have forgotten anyone.

So who wants to ride tomorrow?
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-21-2004, 8:35 AM Reply   
Props to DA MAN CLUB ~DMC~
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-21-2004, 9:28 AM Reply   
Great post, Ed. It was nice meeting you last weekend...sorry I didn't get to see you guys ride though!

My list would be way too long and I wouldn't want to forget anyone. You all know who you are .

Happy Holidays to all my Wakeworld friends!!!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-21-2004, 9:50 AM Reply   
Shawn, thanks a ton for the kudos. I too would put the Frew's at the top of the list, Frewski, you're my hero!! Everyone that has been met through these pages is definately the coolest folks i have had the pleasure to meet. To those that I've actually met: J. Frew, J. Couch, D. Doud, J. Umali, Lynsey, Bethany & few others, you guys rock & make work so manageable! To all the folks who I've traded intel, BS & the other odd assortment of internet babble, we shall meet in the future & I will correct you then too. Happy holidays everyone.

Props to DMC (Da' Man Club being singular cuz there's only one man in it)!!!
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-21-2004, 12:16 PM Reply   
Christie ~ As far as not seen Ant Bug and I ride!

Didn't miss much. though Ant Bug busted a new trick!
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       12-21-2004, 1:16 PM Reply   
To all the wakeworlders, Merry Christmas!!
Dave, you are Gods gift to wakeboarding
Shaun, you make it easy, your mama did a great job, Frewho and fam, we love you and to all of you (you know who you are) I LOVE YOU MAN!!
Hugs, Team Valdez
To all wakeworlders:
4845%2C00.swf,http://web.icq.com/shockwave/0,,4845,00.swf
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       12-21-2004, 2:16 PM Reply   
ooops, try this instead

http://www.icq.com/friendship/pages/view_page_7944.php
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-21-2004, 2:27 PM Reply   
I'd like to send some WakeWorld love all the way from Ohio. MERRY CHRISTMAS ! I wish i lived closer.

(Message edited by shutupandboard on December 21, 2004)
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       12-21-2004, 4:03 PM Reply   
Awesome post Big Ed!!!!

It would be easier to list all the W.W. peeps that I would not care to hang out with - all 1 of them. Pretty much everyone I met here & rode with have been the best!!!! (even Umali!!! J/K - LOL)!

I only wish that I had more boat & more butter to share with everyone here.

Also, not mentioned yet, Jonathan French & Nate Dog rock!

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on December 21, 2004)
Old     (jrad)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-21-2004, 7:16 PM Reply   
thanks shawn wilson, your always awesome to chill with at the tournaments. when your around the area in spring, hit me up and we'll get a crew to go out to the naci. oh ya and i think you spell stephan h's name, hilstcherferder
Old     (rediro2h)      Join Date: Feb 2004       12-21-2004, 11:30 PM Reply   
I heard it was "Hiltcherbeltcher"
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-23-2004, 8:55 AM Reply   
That really hurts coming from you two. This post was all about spreading the love & then you have to go & cut me down. May you each get a large lump of "reindeer coal" in your stockings!!
Old     (melanie)      Join Date: Apr 2001       12-23-2004, 9:55 AM Reply   
I'd like to go ahead and say hey to a few old schooler wakeworlders i've met that may be lurking.
Chuck Hyde
Depswa
Ruddy
Tom Bugg
WHIT and wakebunny!!
Steven Hahn
Chad
Kirk Bailey
Been so long I cant remember some, a few from FL.
Whats up? Where ya been? Happy festivities to ya.
Oh yeah! And not to forget Darin Shapiro

(Message edited by melanie on December 23, 2004)
Old    wakechick            12-23-2004, 12:06 PM Reply   
I see how it is, Mel, no love for little 'ole me? Haha, just kidding! Merry Christmas to all!
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       12-23-2004, 2:10 PM Reply   
What up Melanie! How you Been?

Here goes my list...(Deep Breath)...I'd better not list mames...With a list as long as mine, I'm sure I'll forget someone and you all are just as bada$$ as the next in my book! You know who you are though!

How bout this:
Delta Peeps
Sacramento Peeps
San Diego Peeps
Naci/San Antonio Peeps (Todd!)
Florida Peeps (this one's easy..Thanks Chase and Sean you rock!)
Castaic Peeps
Elsinore Peeps
Buena Vista Peeps
and Troy in Seattle!!

Thanks to all of you for the good times. You are all very close to my heart and I hope you have a great holiday season! Sorry I haven't been in touch as much, been busy as all hell! Drop me a line if you get a chance though I'm always on e-mail!

dan@depswa.com

I can honestly say I've never met a wakeboarder that I didn't like...besides Joe Umali ...Just Kidding Bro! Love you too man!
Old     (melanie)      Join Date: Apr 2001       12-23-2004, 8:52 PM Reply   
Holy crud! Im so lame. Sorry Bonnie. Forgot to mention David Williams too. DUH me! Feeling about this big right now.
Doin good Dan.
Old    buttacup            12-24-2004, 10:33 PM Reply   
Hey Ed!
Glad to know that I was your first...LOL. We had a great time riding with you guys that day.

Thanks to you, Frew (and family), Jonathan, Natedogg, Miggity Matt, Gary, Scott S, and anyone else I forgot to mention who gave me pulls. I've also met a lot of great people from here too: Bethany, Stephan, Teri, Rob C, Rob F, Antbug, Lindsay, wakepaula, Scott A and of course Kristian :-) Gracias Dave for hosting this website and putting up with alot!