Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (marbles)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-13-2009, 4:58 PM Reply   
Sometimes I can land a front or backside 360 and other days, I'm not even close. I hate to beat this 360 thing to death, but I have 3 questions.. One, should you use a progressive edge every time? And two, should you be pulling the handle in right off the wake, or wait for the peak of your jump? Also, do you pull super hard or gradual. (Please no stupid jokes!)
Old     (mbsteez)      Join Date: May 2005       10-14-2009, 6:02 AM Reply   
for spins you want to take a wide cut out, then get in a seated edge position with the handle in and low, set your edge and ride it in to the wake, pop off the top, pull and spin. NOT a progressive edge as it creates too much line tension for the spin.
Old     (trebomb821)      Join Date: Oct 2009       10-14-2009, 2:15 PM Reply   
keep a progressive edge so u dont case and go wake to wake, as u leave the wake wait to the top of the wake and give the rope a slight tug and wait for your spin and the handle will be right there as you pass it.
Old     (airbeast)      Join Date: Oct 2009       10-16-2009, 11:37 PM Reply   
Pop off and wait till you're on the way up. Then, I give the rope a GOOD pull. If you don't don't pull hard enough the line seems to get too tight to pass when behind your back. Also, pulling your legs in helps a lot. Otherwise you'll get pulled forward and throw the handle.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-21-2009, 1:46 PM Reply   
I do a real wide progressive edge but its kinda of a modified progressive edge. You want to edge all the way up the wake but your hardest edge should be at the trough and somewhat less as you ride up the wake. This is accomplished with a more seated body position and as you ride up the wake you really explode up with your whole body. If you really emphasize the pop this way a nose grab really helps you wait (& looks baller).