Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 29, 2009

Old     (tailgate)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-08-2009, 12:46 PM Reply   
The snaps for my cover on my windshield are moving around when I dry my boat and what not, and have scratched the finish of the windshield frame in some places. Anyone else have this problem, can anything be done to keep this from happening...

Thanks
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-08-2009, 1:03 PM Reply   
Yep, thats normal. Happened on my old MC years ago & I swore I'd never have snaps on the windshield again.

You might try glueing them in place with some epoxy or something. Better make sure you are glueing them in exactly the right place though. I don't think you'll get a second chance.
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-08-2009, 1:57 PM Reply   
my 05' 22ssv supra was the same way...
Old     (spherren)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-08-2009, 3:18 PM Reply   
Dab come black or clear silicone on each side of them
Old     (littletna)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-08-2009, 3:27 PM Reply   
It happened to mine as well. Skiers Choice STEPPED UP HUGE and had their vendor warranty the windshield frame. First they offered touch up paint but that was not going to cut it for a boat less than a year old.The frame is new but the problem however is still not fixed and I too need to find a way to secure the snaps. Do not secure them with a screw or you'll be buying expensive glass!!! Others have told me that the glass sits in the channel where the screw or rivet would go through the frame.

Good luck with your search.
Old     (formfunction)      Join Date: Jun 2008       05-08-2009, 8:37 PM Reply   
I noticed the same thing on my boat and it has four hours on it.
Old     (tazz3069)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-11-2009, 7:14 PM Reply   
I used black silicone. Use rubbing alcohol to remove the excess. Put the cover on and snap it in place as you silicone the snaps. This will make sure the snaps stay in place without any mistakes.
Hope this helps.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-11-2009, 8:24 PM Reply   
Don't ever put snaps on the windshield. That helps a lot.

If you have to have a snap on cover, then put the snaps at the base of the windshield in the frame.

(Message edited by bill_airjunky on May 11, 2009)
Old     (tazz3069)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-13-2009, 5:32 AM Reply   
Bill
My boat came with the snaps already install. The snaps on the windshield go around the base or on the bottom part of the frame. I personally like the cover that covers the entire boat. Mine came with the snaps on the windshield and around the topside of the boat.